Shortages/Panic Buying
(30-11-2021, 16:21 PM)Racehorse-80s Wrote: Reckon elgin over applies the make up  Angel Wish I had enough hair to tie back ...

lol

Well I am not fussed about the hair, but it is funny to read that, tongue piercing made me laugh
Just read there's a shortage of Santa's this year as it's deemed too risky by some of the older obese gents that usually do it ...
(30-11-2021, 14:41 PM)Undertaker Wrote: I know what to say now in the application 

lol 

Did check First Group they need qualified train drivers.....I may have to wait as First Group is near me

Edit: The FAQ is funny:

I have copied and pasted some
Hair

Keep hair clean and neat.

If your hair is longer than shoulder length, please keep it tied back.

Keep hair colours away from extremes such as blue, green, pink, orange, yellow or purple.

Face

Men should either be clean shaven or have a neat and well-groomed beard or moustache.

Keep make-up natural and don’t over apply.

have a tongue piercing; can I wear this at work?

Small nose and tongue studs are allowed.

I am sure I have seen drivers and crews not matching that description

I have a Prince Albert can I use it to hang the train keys off?  And can I walk around tackle out?
Cp have a shortage of decent players, as the ones we have got there sell by date expired years ago

Some of them, like fuckwit Benteke, hes date expired 5 years before we even bought him
Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at
(30-11-2021, 19:17 PM)The Groover Wrote: I have a Prince Albert can I use it to hang the train keys off?  And can I walk around tackle out?

I hope you realise how heavy a set of train keys are ..
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/11/30/nyreg...s-nyc.html
New York subway workers have been lured out of retirement with temporary jobs paying up to $35,000 for three months because of a shortage of operators to run the trains.
(01-12-2021, 12:30 PM)Racehorse-80s Wrote: I hope you realise how heavy a set of train keys are ..

Gosh, made me laugh out loud but Mr G’s initial comment was very funny too Smile
(01-12-2021, 14:05 PM)Racehorse-80s Wrote: https://www.nytimes.com/2021/11/30/nyreg...s-nyc.html
New York subway workers have been lured out of retirement with temporary jobs paying up to $35,000 for three months because of a shortage of operators to run the trains.

Will happen here too
(02-12-2021, 15:19 PM)Undertaker Wrote: Will happen here too

From Dec 12th the ( new winter timetable ) to the 24th Dec , Drivers are working under Control led plan conditions , Which basically means your booking on /off times and length of turn remain the same but you will see short term alterations to your daily diagrams ..
Rising Covid cases and drivers using up their A/L or losing it by Jan 1st is taking it's toil , So it's spread the available drivers as best you can .
(02-12-2021, 16:39 PM)Racehorse-80s Wrote: From Dec 12th the ( new winter timetable ) to the 24th Dec , Drivers are working under Control led plan conditions , Which basically means your booking on /off times and length of turn remain the same but you will see short term alterations to your daily diagrams ..
Rising Covid cases and drivers using up their A/L or losing it by Jan 1st is taking it's toil , So it's spread the available drivers as best you can .

Cheers for the tip, I got two trips to London in that time and the second one I will drive I think.