Shortages/Panic Buying
Is this going to become the norm due to the HGV driver shortage, or is it a temporary blip.  Was talking the missus earlier, she grew up in Russia during the collapse of the Soviet Union, and remembers everyone queueing for everything.  Will the collapse of the UK have a similar outcome?
(01-10-2021, 14:31 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: Is this going to become the norm due to the HGV driver shortage, or is it a temporary blip.  Was talking the missus earlier, she grew up in Russia during the collapse of the Soviet Union, and remembers everyone queueing for everything.  Will the collapse of the UK have a similar outcome?

Once xmas is out of the way things will settle.  

Covid has affected everything and still is.

It will take a while to catch up.
Wasnt that clown BJ saying last week, Xmas could be cancelled again?
Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at
(01-10-2021, 14:37 PM)The Groover Wrote: Once xmas is out of the way things will settle.  

Covid has affected everything and still is.

It will take a while to catch up.

Agree that covid hasn't helped, it pushed people to shop online more, and all that stuff needs delivering as well.  But if they are 120,000 drivers short, won't our 70 million population eventually suck everything dry?  They aren't going to recruit 120,000 drivers overnight are they.  Interesting times.
(01-10-2021, 14:31 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: Is this going to become the norm due to the HGV driver shortage, or is it a temporary blip.  Was talking the missus earlier, she grew up in Russia during the collapse of the Soviet Union, and remembers everyone queueing for everything.  Will the collapse of the UK have a similar outcome?

Not being funny, but if they can deliver 30,000 litres of fuel to every petrol station in the country (apart from 1% of BP’s that are closed) every other day to keep up with the demands of the utter utter morons of society then it begs the question: what crisis?
Shortage of bin bags in Sainsbury Victoria , Boris needs to call COBRA meeting before the rubbish piles up .
(01-10-2021, 18:29 PM)Racehorse-80s Wrote: Shortage of bin bags in Sainsbury Victoria , Boris needs to call COBRA meeting before the rubbish piles up .

There's a shortage of Cobra's it will have to be Vipers.
(01-10-2021, 15:13 PM)ChrisGC Wrote: Not being funny, but if they can deliver 30,000 litres of fuel to every petrol station in the country (apart from 1% of BP’s that are closed) every other day to keep up with the demands of the utter utter morons of society then it begs the question: what crisis?

That's why I asked the question, blip or the start of something longer and farther reaching.  I'm personally not sure and still away in a sensible country, so a bit shielded from the fuckwittery there.
(01-10-2021, 18:41 PM)The Groover Wrote: There's a shortage of Cobra's it will have to be Vipers.

Adders.  We'll have none of your foreign snake muck post Brexit.
The 6 garages I pass on the way to work haven't been restocked since last Friday , Boris keeps telling us there are 150 Army tanker drivers on Standby , How bad does it have to get before the troops are called in ?
(01-10-2021, 19:47 PM)Racehorse-80s Wrote: The 6 garages I pass on the way to work haven't been restocked since last Friday , Boris keeps telling us there are 150 Army tanker drivers on Standby , How bad does it have to get before the troops are called in ?

Highly doubtful.
(01-10-2021, 20:15 PM)ChrisGC Wrote: Highly doubtful.

Theres no fuel around here, in sussex, unless your a critical worker, so its deffo a big problem
Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at
(01-10-2021, 23:10 PM)steve m Wrote: Theres no fuel around here, in sussex, unless your a critical worker, so its deffo a big problem

Tree surgeon couldn’t cut the large tree down as planned next door as he can’t get any diesel for his truck or Mulching machine …
London, the South East, the North West, the West Midlands and the East Midlands all currently have fuel levels of below 20%, according to Whitehall’s own analysis.

Boris Johnson has suggested the situation was ‘stabilising’, but the Government has been accused of ‘gaslighting’ the country over the seriousness of the problem.
https://metro.co.uk/2021/10/01/map-shows...-15346795/
(02-10-2021, 00:58 AM)Racehorse-80s Wrote: London, the South East, the North West, the West Midlands and the East Midlands all currently have fuel levels of below 20%, according to Whitehall’s own analysis.

Boris Johnson has suggested the situation was ‘stabilising’, but the Government has been accused of ‘gaslighting’ the country over the seriousness of the problem.
https://metro.co.uk/2021/10/01/map-shows...-15346795/

You love a panic up.

Should rename this Coronavirus thread 2.0
(01-10-2021, 23:10 PM)steve m Wrote: Theres no fuel around here, in sussex, unless your a critical worker, so its deffo a big problem

Need to get hold of your driver mate who hasn't got any work.  That'll keep him busy for a while, filling all them up Smile
So my lot sent me to Canterbury this morning. Got the call yesterday. On the way there at 8.15 they ring me and say did anyone tell you that call was cancelled? Nope! I was almost there!!!  150 wasted miles. 

Got some juice in Kent. 1.59 per litre!!! Robbing bastards.

Now on my way into London to do a job at guys.
So my lot sent me to Canterbury this morning. Got the call yesterday. On the way there at 8.15 they ring me and say did anyone tell you that call was cancelled? Nope! I was almost there!!!  150 wasted miles. 

Got some juice in Kent. 1.59 per litre!!! Robbing bastards.

Now on my way into London to do a job at guys.
One of the 6 garages I pass on the way to work has finally got some fuel ...
Long queues according to my daughter who's there now .
Pharmacists reporting shortages of drugs due to driver shortages now .
Daughter thought she was in the queue for the local Esso garage but after getting close to the Esso garage she realized the queue was for the Tesco garage 1 mile down the road and gave up , Mental .