Matched Betting
This has been the only way I have ever been able to make consistent money from betting.  Just wondered if anyone else dabbled from time to time?

For those who have never done it, the object is to attain free bets from bookmakers offers online, by first placing a bet with them on something to happen, and then going to a betting exchange like betfair exchange or smarkets, and betting on the same thing NOT to happen.  This is known as 'laying the bet'.  This covers all outcomes and results in a small loss (usually pence) depending on the odds you place and lay the bet at.  Hence the term 'matched betting'. This is known as the 'qualifying bet', and the end result will either see you up at the exchange or the bookie depending on the result, and proportionally down at the other place.

So next, look at this page:
https://matchedbettingblog.com/

This guy collects all the online bookie offers and puts them on his site, together with walkthroughs of how much to bet/lay in order to extract the most profit from each one.  Remember, the object is to be awarded free bets, which you can either use to bet with and win or lose, or do the same as you did with the qualifying bet, only this time using the bookies money in the form of the free bet. If you choose higher odds for your free bet bet and lay, this maximises the amount of guaranteed profit you make.

Try one of the walkthrough offers on the site and see for yourself how easy it is.  I made a lot of money doing this a few years ago.
Maybe I didn't explain it so well. Here is a helpful video:

I may give this a go
Tbh, I should probably watch that video at some point, probably some good info there.

I have been doing it for over a year now, but very lazily after an initial burst of enthusiasm, and only really making money from a few repeat offers at this point. Makes me something like £150 per month. I'm too lazy to go and register with the 100+ bookies that still have offers going but really should, probably a good £1-2000 to be made right there, even in today's market.

As I understand it you could make serious money from it a few years ago, almost a living if you put enough time and effort in (and were smart enough to avoid getting gubbed for long enough which I don't quite seem to be)
I did look into making money from extra places offers as well not too long ago, but struggle to find races where you can lay enough of the field and not make what seems like an unacceptably large qualifying loss....
(21-08-2021, 02:05 AM)Glazier Wrote: Tbh, I should probably watch that video at some point, probably some good info there.

I have been doing it for over a year now, but very lazily after an initial burst of enthusiasm, and only really making money from a few repeat offers at this point. Makes me something like £150 per month. I'm too lazy to go and register with the 100+  bookies that still have offers going but really should, probably a good £1-2000 to be made right there, even in today's market.

As I understand it you could make serious money from it a few years ago, almost a living if you put enough time and effort in (and were smart enough to avoid getting gubbed for long enough which I don't quite seem to be)
I did look into making money from extra places offers as well not too long ago, but struggle to find races where you can lay enough of the field and not make what seems like an unacceptably large qualifying loss....

Yeah I think when I was doing it was the peak.  Bookies were falling over each other to offer decent free bet offers.  I made serious money with 2 bet365 accounts doing the ITV races on Saturdays. 
https://www.bet365.com/#/AC/B2/C101/D202...6/H87/P10/
I almost cried when they gubbed me Big Grin. It was and still is (in my opinion) the best site for offers.  Having 2 chances in each race really helps I found, although you needed a big float in your exchange account for all the lays.

Re: the extra place offers, I like to just lay off the win part and let the place bet run as a normal bet.  If they are offering 5 or even 6 places, the odds are in your favour.  Granted that isn't 100% matched betting though!

I would always advise someone starting out to just try the coral start up offer and work your way up from there.  Its low stakes and really helps you to get your head round how to bet on something happening and then bet on the exact same thing not happening (laying, in our world).  Its so easy if you even have a basic knowledge of maths.  www.matchedbettingblog.com talks you through every step and tells you what to bet and how much to lay to match it.  As you start, going through all the start ups alone is worth a few hundred quid, and double if your wife plays too Wink
(21-08-2021, 06:07 AM)elgin eagle Wrote: Yeah I think when I was doing it was the peak.  Bookies were falling over each other to offer decent free bet offers.  I made serious money with 2 bet365 accounts doing the ITV races on Saturdays. 
https://www.bet365.com/#/AC/B2/C101/D202...6/H87/P10/
I almost cried when they gubbed me Big Grin. It was and still is (in my opinion) the best site for offers.  Having 2 chances in each race really helps I found, although you needed a big float in your exchange account for all the lays.

Re: the extra place offers, I like to just lay off the win part and let the place bet run as a normal bet.  If they are offering 5 or even 6 places, the odds are in your favour.  Granted that isn't 100% matched betting though!

I would always advise someone starting out to just try the coral start up offer and work your way up from there.  Its low stakes and really helps you to get your head round how to bet on something happening and then bet on the exact same thing not happening (laying, in our world).  Its so easy if you even have a basic knowledge of maths.  www.matchedbettingblog.com talks you through every step and tells you what to bet and how much to lay to match it.  As you start, going through all the start ups alone is worth a few hundred quid, and double if your wife plays too Wink

Ok, I still have my bet365 account (amazingly) so I will have to give that a go - never thought of laying just the win tbh. A lot of people rate bet365 but again I have been too lazy to try and use their offers in a big way. I'm going try and do a race on 365 in the next week then.....might run through the blog as well to be honest, there's often some good offers and tidbits that you won't find others.
Well I was a bit gutted this weekend.  

With 10 minutes to go I had 8 out 9 correct on my footy bet.  But as I do the 8 folds was looking at a very tasty payout.

Then 3 goals go in, one in my favour and 2 against!  And I'm down to 6!

Still in profit but not as much as I could have had.  

Currently up £430 on the season.
(11-10-2021, 08:47 AM)The Groover Wrote: Well I was a bit gutted this weekend.  

With 10 minutes to go I had 8 out 9 correct on my footy bet.  But as I do the 8 folds was looking at a very tasty payout.

Then 3 goals go in, one in my favour and 2 against!  And I'm down to 6!

Still in profit but not as much as I could have had.  

Currently up £430 on the season.

I dont do any gambling but do do Sky6 as its free, years ago, with 20 mins ago, i was at the top of the leader board, all on my own with 30 points, 250k in my pocket, when palace score two late goals and won 4-2 from memory, but could be wrong, as i had a 2-2 draw, then a couple of other goals went in

I dropped from 30 points to 7 within 5 gut retching minutes
Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at
(11-10-2021, 16:31 PM)steve m Wrote: I dont do any gambling but do do Sky6 as its free, years ago, with 20 mins ago, i was at the top of the leader board, all on my own with 30 points, 250k in my pocket, when palace score two late goals and won 4-2 from memory, but could be wrong, as i had a 2-2 draw, then a couple of other goals went in

Ouch!  Bloody Palace, can't ever rely on them!  Big Grin
(11-10-2021, 16:31 PM)steve m Wrote: I dont do any gambling but do do Sky6 as its free, years ago, with 20 mins ago, i was at the top of the leader board, all on my own with 30 points, 250k in my pocket, when palace score two late goals and won 4-2 from memory, but could be wrong, as i had a 2-2 draw, then a couple of other goals went in

I just checked sky6, it is bloody hard lol
(17-10-2021, 19:55 PM)Undertaker Wrote: I just checked sky6, it is bloody hard lol

It can be, i only got 6 points in both of the last two sky 6 days, but i only do it for a bit of fun, also the ITV7 with the nags

I know less than nothing about horse racing, so just pick randomly,  

But the above is free, so not lost a been if it all goes wrong !!
Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at