Who Should Replace Roy?
(02-07-2021, 22:39 PM)steve m Wrote: I wouldnt be to sure,
Smile

God, imagine if he changes his mind as well.

Doesnt bear thinking about.
(02-07-2021, 23:58 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: It must be fucking annoying to be an ITK.  Passing on what little you know, only for circumstances to fuck you over.  We really need to be right into the transfer market by this point, not still squabbling over the fine print.  What other possible reason for this latest delay can there be?

I don't think there has been squabbling over the fine print - the fact that player contract extensions have been offered, and in some cases signed, indicates that the Board and the new manager are already working together pending completion of the contract paperwork. As for the transfer market - I can't remember us ever doing business this early in a window and I suspect getting the right deals will outweigh integrating new players early, as is usually the case.
(03-07-2021, 00:39 AM)chateauferret Wrote: I don't think there has been squabbling over the fine print - the fact that player contract extensions have been offered, and in some cases signed, indicates that the Board and the new manager are already working together pending completion of the contract paperwork. As for the transfer market - I can't remember us ever doing business this early in a window and I suspect getting the right deals will outweigh integrating new players early, as is usually the case.

Yeah true.  I think you may be guilty of applying logic to the situation though.  We were happy to renew Benteke while managerless weren't we.  I hope we aren't just panic-renewing because we have so few players.
https://youtu.be/Dle0NJlweGk

Vieria talks about it last night on Frog tv
Being confirmed today apparently.
(04-07-2021, 10:43 AM)elgin eagle Wrote: Being confirmed today apparently.
Just confirmed. Bird got a cpfc notification... Bit miffed I didn't. 

Anyway welcome PV
(04-07-2021, 13:02 PM)Billypalace Wrote: Just confirmed. Bird got a cpfc notification... Bit miffed I didn't. 

Anyway welcome PV

Its on BBc news as well

Patrick Vieira takes over as Crystal Palace manager - BBC Sport
Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at
Well welcome Patrick.  I doubt any of us had him as our first choice to replace Roy.  I wonder who his assistant will be.  Keane?  Wink
A big risk and a big job on his hands pre season.

He must be supported by players, fans and media. The latter won't be a problem, I'm sure.
Goodbye European Union. Goodbye Jeremy. Goodbye Nick. Jerk-It Goodbye Comrades.
(04-07-2021, 14:44 PM)Talons Wrote: A big risk and a big job on his hands pre season.

He must be supported by players, fans and media. The latter won't be a problem, I'm sure.
Yes, glad it’s finally done. I just hope they stick with him if it looks a bit dicey after 5 games unlike De Boer
Some people are so inconsiderate.

I won't have the 'Viera Out' banner ready by Monday.
(04-07-2021, 17:41 PM)steeleye20 Wrote: Some people are so inconsiderate.

I won't have the 'Viera Out' banner ready by Monday.
Big Grin

At least Vieira will feel safe then Wink. Its good that the players that are left will have a manager to greet when they return tomorrow.  I wonder how much say he will have in which players he wants.  We need about 9.  Only 16 at the club currently.
(04-07-2021, 18:47 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: Big Grin

At least Vieira will feel safe then Wink. Its good that the players that are left will have a manager to greet when they return tomorrow.  I wonder how much say he will have in which players he wants.  We need about 9.  Only 16 at the club currently.
Absolutely fucking zero I reckon. We’re going to promote a load of youth and loan a load of Arsenal youngsters and hope Vieria can magic up a decent team given his credentials working in youth development.
(04-07-2021, 21:43 PM)ChrisGC Wrote: Absolutely fucking zero I reckon. We’re going to promote a load of youth and loan a load of Arsenal youngsters and hope Vieria can magic up a decent team given his credentials working in youth development.

Vieira: I want Denzel Dumfries of Holland and Stephen Zubar of Switzerland
Dougie:  I can get you Andros Townsend and Andre Ayew
Vieira: Where's that receipt
I'm just still missing Roy and Ray ... as a side issue when will any new coaches actually arrived to support the new boss?
I see that after all that humming and hawing about whether Cooper was going to stay at Swansea or be poached by Palace or someone else they finally breathed a sigh of relief when it turned out he was staying, and now have hilariously sacked him.