Who Should Replace Roy?
Are you ready for another De Boer, or will defensive stability and safety be enough for you?  Obviously most of us would prefer both, but in reality how many Kantes are out there.

I'd like Thomas Franks from Brentford if they miss out in the play offs again.  Brentford play some really good football and score lots of goals.
Someone who knows how to win and knows how to survive.

Big Sam, yes I said it, or Rafa.

I don't want anyone who will be blinded by the bright lights of the PL or has done nothing except fail.
Goodbye European Union. Goodbye Jeremy. Goodbye Nick. Jerk-It Goodbye Comrades.
Mourinho. Probably out our league, but we should aim high if we want to take the club to the next level.

If not, Sean Dyche.
Ballot spoilers of the world unite.
Ismael Valerian
I dont care , but someone who is under 40, who has some spunk in them, as for big Sam, what a usless twat he is 

also, someone like  Sean Dyche. or dare i say Eddie Howes, as he brought a shit squad of nobodies up to prem level

but please not that Mouriniho idiot, he is one self important village idiot who is not interested in football, but is in his fame
he is one prize winning fuckwit win my eyes 
Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at
(28-04-2021, 18:06 PM)Billypalace Wrote: Ismael Valerian
He couldn't defend a ball into the box to save his life, so it's a no from me.
(28-04-2021, 22:58 PM)steve m Wrote: I dont care , but someone who is under 40, who has some spunk in them, as for big Sam, what a usless twat he is 

also, someone like  Sean Dyche. or dare i say Eddie Howes, as he brought a shit squad of nobodies up to prem level

but please not that Mouriniho idiot, he is one self important village idiot who is not interested in football, but is in his fame
he is one prize winning fuckwit win my eyes 
How exactly is Big Sam a 'useless twat'?  He kept us up and got the England job. How useless can he be? He is an arrogant twat, that I would agree with.

Sean Dyche would be a good fit for us, but I would prefer someone with more pedigree.

Crystal Palace will not attract a top top manager, but we have done well with managers of late. Two ex England managers is pretty good.
People saying Sean Dyche need their heads examined. He’s like Wodgeson’s apprentice, but worse!

I think we’re down next season. Whoever comes in has an old as fuck squad, reliant on Zaha who haven’t trained with a football for 3 years!

Would love Mourinho as mentioned by Raggy, or Gerrard, or Howe. It’ll either be Hodgson again or someone like Lampard. 

Lampard would be a disaster.
(29-04-2021, 08:39 AM)ChrisGC Wrote: People saying Sean Dyche need their heads examined. He’s like Wodgeson’s apprentice, but worse!

I think we’re down next season. Whoever comes in has an old as fuck squad, reliant on Zaha who haven’t trained with a football for 3 years!

Would love Mourinho as mentioned by Raggy, or Gerrard, or Howe. It’ll either be Hodgson again or someone like Lampard. 

Lampard would be a disaster.
I think it's more about realism. We are not going to get Pep or Jose are we.

It will be someone who is happy to work with limited funds and play to our strengths.
Lampard.

Wot no vote!
(29-04-2021, 09:25 AM)The Groover Wrote: Lampard.

Wot no vote!
I thought about doing a poll but then I decided it would be better to go by responses so we can see later who made the right call.  Obviously head v heart is very different and the hedge fund owners are only going to pick someone who will keep us in the gravy train with minimal investment.
(28-04-2021, 18:06 PM)Billypalace Wrote: Ismael Valerian
He owes us! He was the antethisis of a legend here as a player.....all the legends...(Taylor Freedman Pardew and Venable) that have come back have disappointed as managers...so reversal possible. Failed footballer succesful manager?ivdont think id be too opposed to Lampard. His fsiling was trying to integrate the expensive signings into his team rather than continue the utilising of talent at club. B
(29-04-2021, 09:30 AM)elgin eagle Wrote: I thought about doing a poll but then I decided it would be better to go by responses so we can see later who made the right call.  Obviously head v heart is very different and the hedge fund owners are only going to pick someone who will keep us in the gravy train with minimal investment.
I dontbthink we or many EPL clubs are part of a gravy train. Its a falacy. Most clubs are in debt. The priblem with modern day football as Leeds under OLeary learned is spending your income plus is not sensible. The greed of agents and players means there is no money for the club unless they want to miss out on targets or retain stars. The TV money bsrely covers our player wages. This clear out end of season may be a blessing for us. So we csn buy potential onbreasonable wages and have a progressive coach who will look to improve what we have....someone like Lampard
(29-04-2021, 08:22 AM)Talons Wrote: How exactly is Big Sam a 'useless twat'?  He kept us up and got the England job. How useless can he be? He is an arrogant twat, that I would agree with.

Sean Dyche would be a good fit for us, but I would prefer someone with more pedigree.

Crystal Palace will not attract a top top manager, but we have done well with managers of late. Two ex England managers is pretty good.
I suppose my wording could of been better, and a "arrogant twat" is a better desciption, i just really do not like him, nor his ethics, and him being the England manager for one game, and then sacked says it all, hes a mouthy controversial indivdual  
Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at
(29-04-2021, 12:37 PM)Lombardo\s Hair Wrote: I dontbthink we or many EPL clubs are part of a gravy train. Its a falacy. Most clubs are in debt. The priblem with modern day football as Leeds under OLeary learned is spending your income plus is not sensible. The greed of agents and players means there is no money for the club unless they want to miss out on targets or retain stars. The TV money bsrely covers our player wages. This clear out end of season may be a blessing for us. So we csn buy potential onbreasonable wages and have a progressive coach who will look to improve what we have....someone like Lampard

I agree with what you are saying in part.  Perhaps it's only a gravy train for the first couple of seasons, when you wage bill is still less than your armchair income.  Once it reaches and then passes that threshold, as we have seen, it becomes a case of buying old freebies as by then there is not much money in the budget for transfer fees on top of the ever growing wage bill.   The club is then forced to employ defensive managers who will keep you in the league but at a price.  I think it's fair to say that without Wilf we would have dropped back down long ago.  I don't envy the task of the new manager much either.

Anyway, answer the question Smile
Paul McCartney.

He's got the wings the Eagles need.

I'll get me coat.
It may just be me, but Lampard wouldnt be a bad call, hes young, all though fairly inexperanced even after his Chelscum position, but you have to start somewhere 

My view on him, would be that at Palace the Players would look up to someone like him, as we dont have a team full of prim a donnas, also with his experience and knowledge of the game, hes played consistently at the highest that is achievable and full international level   

Yet at Chelscum, half the squad  probably thought they knew more than him and were better than he ever was, possibly going to a team like Chelski so early in his managerial career wasnt such a good move 

just my opinion,  !!
(29-04-2021, 13:43 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: I agree with what you are saying in part.  Perhaps it's only a gravy train for the first couple of seasons, when you wage bill is still less than your armchair income.  Once it reaches and then passes that threshold, as we have seen, it becomes a case of buying old freebies as by then there is not much money in the budget for transfer fees on top of the ever growing wage bill.   The club is then forced to employ defensive managers who will keep you in the league but at a price.  I think it's fair to say that without Wilf we would have dropped back down long ago.  I don't envy the task of the new manager much either.

Anyway, answer the question Smile
I did answere the question. See my reply to billypalace?
(29-04-2021, 12:30 PM)Lombardo\s Hair Wrote: He owes us! He was the antethisis of a legend here as a player.....all the legends...(Taylor Freedman Pardew and Venable) that have come back have disappointed as managers...so reversal possible. Failed footballer succesful manager?ivdont think id be too opposed to Lampard. His fsiling was trying to integrate the expensive signings into his team rather than continue the utilising of talent at club. B
So Valerian Ismael is your choice?
(29-04-2021, 19:14 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: So Valerian Ismael is your choice?
No....... Lampard