Cricket Thread
(21-07-2021, 19:27 PM)ChrisGC Wrote: I got the lad to England’s 18th over, but he was flagging big time so we left. Tell you what, if we’re going to catch Covid, we’ve fucking got it now! 

Not wishing to negatively stereotype, but that was like an away game in Lahore yesterday, they really do not give a single fuck in general about social distancing etc. Friendly enough don’t get me wrong, but especially with those horn things, saliva blasting everywhere, sitting in seats that weren’t theirs, you name something not to do, they were at it.

Good job we are not on the BBS this would be an incoming comment for sure.

But its the same observation I've been making since the start of the pandemic.  

I'm actually concerned for the old in the asian community.  Barts is already preparing for a winter influx.
(20-07-2021, 22:32 PM)ChrisGC Wrote: Just back at the hotel at Old Trafford, took my son to his first cricket match bless him. He’s shattered now.

One thing I will say is whoever is selling those fucking horns is a cunt! Just an obnoxious hooting, worse than the vivuzala that ruined the World Cup in 2010.

Hopefully your lad will never forget that.

Brilliant game, Roy was incredible and really set us up.

Watching highlights on TV, they did seem to focus on quite a few Asians who were supporting England.

I reckon these may have been Indians Smile
(21-07-2021, 21:37 PM)The Groover Wrote: Good job we are not on the BBS this would be an incoming comment for sure.

But its the same observation I've been making since the start of the pandemic.  

I'm actually concerned for the old in the asian community.  Barts is already preparing for a winter influx.

Well, me own eyes aren’t lying to me! Just a casual observation, nothing discriminatory. Like I say, everyone was friendly enough and it was nice to be at an event with everyone enjoying themselves, but there are going to be massive outbreaks in Asian communities again. I just hope we don’t end up in lockdown before at least November. Preferably fucking never.
(21-07-2021, 21:43 PM)Tom-the-Eagle Wrote: Hopefully your lad will never forget that.

Brilliant game, Roy was incredible and really set us up.

Watching highlights on TV, they did seem to focus on quite a few Asians who were supporting England.

I reckon these may have been Indians Smile
The boy loved it mate, cheers.

Yeah, always nice to see people integrating, most welcome. I’m from an Irish family and was born abroad, but totally love being English and am very patriotic. 

There were lots of second and third generation support for Pakistan which I think is a real shame, but each to their own.
(21-07-2021, 21:48 PM)ChrisGC Wrote: The boy loved it mate, cheers.

Yeah, always nice to see people integrating, most welcome. I’m from an Irish family and was born abroad, but totally love being English and am very patriotic. 

There were lots of second and third generation support for Pakistan which I think is a real shame, but each to their own.

While i was watching yesterdays game, it was  so obvious with a mixed crowd, of England and Pakistan supporters, that (it seemed) everyone got on with each other, and it was banter both ways, unlike the Football retards, and i can see England playing behind closed doors for a while after the Denmark and Italy games and hassles etc

My Daughter in laws family are big time into Rugby and they have mixed crowds like the Cricket, My Son has been many times, and always excels in the virtue,  that there wasnt any trouble  as all just seem to get along

The football violence was the reason my father and i gave up going to palace many many years ago, we had been to a few games since, but nothing like we did,well, he wont now hes gone !
Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at
(21-07-2021, 21:48 PM)ChrisGC Wrote: The boy loved it mate, cheers.

I do get it though, as  i am half Irish, 1/4 English and a 1/4 Russian, but being born and raised for most of my life, in an English enviroment, makes me English, but the likes of some as you say third generation Pakistan supporters,they do live with a large chip on their shoulder hence supporting anyone but England

Next doors family are from Pakistan, but all born here, and there sons are both England supporters in all sports, but there sister who is fucking odd would only have alegance to Pakistan
Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at
Who's been watching the 100 games ?

I have, as i enjoy Cricket, but i cant really get my head around some of it, as the screen scoreboard looks like its been designed by a 4th grade art class, im not a fan of the vivid colours and layout

Personaly,  i believe we have enough various cricket games, as 20 20, 50 50, one days and test games
(28-07-2021, 07:37 AM)steve m Wrote: Who's been watching the 100 games ?

I have, as i enjoy Cricket, but i cant really get my head around some of it, as the screen scoreboard looks like its been designed by a 4th grade art class, im not a fan of the vivid colours and layout

Personaly,  i believe we have enough various cricket games, as 20 20, 50 50, one days and test games

Totally agree. 

That T20 I went to was my first time going to see a T20 and I wasn’t a fan I have to say. My son loved it.

Seems skillless to me. The 100 series I’ve not bothered with, totally unnecessary. 

ODI is probably the shortest form of the game I’d go and see live. Test cricket is the beat in my opinion, cannot beat it.
What a ******* shower of shite.

India 177 ahead with eight wickets down and almost the whole day to play, and we not only let them *declare* FFS but then get both openers out for a duck and Root now looking like a constipated chicken waving a toothpick at Bumrah.

To end up in this mess from that position is inexcusable.
FFS. Absolutely unspeakable.

That was about the most shockingly ghastly day's performance I've ever seen from an England test team. India were 209 for 8 and about 170 ahead with two tail-enders at the crease and we manage to lose by 150 runs. The bowling at those two was the worst I've ever seen from an England attack, we couldn't even get them out. Then five minutes after they declare we're 1 - 2.

Even by England standards that was utterly, totally pathetic.
(16-08-2021, 18:48 PM)chateauferret Wrote: FFS. Absolutely unspeakable.

That was about the most shockingly ghastly day's performance I've ever seen from an England test team. India were 209 for 8 and about 170 ahead with two tail-enders at the crease and we manage to lose by 150 runs. The bowling at those two was the worst I've ever seen from an England attack, we couldn't even get them out. Then five minutes after they declare we're 1 - 2.

Even by England standards that was utterly, totally pathetic.

It was diabolical, a farce, and an embarrassing watch. i turned it off when we were 8 down, as it was never going to be easy with 20 ish overs left
Third test starts today
(25-08-2021, 05:35 AM)Undertaker Wrote: Third test starts today

And we did prettywell
Great performance so far.  Lets knock them over again and completely dishearten them.

3 days to take 10 wickets.
good start today.

2 wickets in the first season already incluing Kohli.

6 more to go and they are still 115 behind.
And just like that another one down!

Two new batsman at the crease now.
Robinson on fire another one down.    Four for him.
(28-08-2021, 12:05 PM)The Groover Wrote: Robinson on fire another one down.    Four for him.
Robinson been a great find for the team and can bat a bit as well.

Sent from my XQ-AD51 using Tapatalk
Seven down. Moeen joins the party.

All done before lunch?
Fivefer for Robinson.  8 down