Cricket Thread
(31-05-2019, 14:54 PM)Razorsedge Wrote: You would think, an international player can play a short ball.....well playing short ball is a skill, and Pakistan are really struggling. 

Easy win for W indies in the end. I was listening to it as I am working, so will be a quick highlight tonight. 

I do fancy W indies to reach Semi or even final.....as everyone is talking of Aus/IND/Eng/ SA or NZ, W indies are the surprise pack i think

I was impressed with Thomas, looked a good fast bowler.  Wonder what odds they are.
(31-05-2019, 16:05 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: I was impressed with Thomas, looked a good fast bowler.  Wonder what odds they are.

i am not sure , I hardly bet.

Well Aus and NZ made short work of todays matches, I loved it when Smith got out, Warner played a blinder and all of a sudden Australia look dangerous.....booooo
Big game today against Pakistan. You never know what team turns out. Some days they are brilliant some days utter shite......Well let's hope we win this
England have won the toss and elected to field. I would have put the Pakistan to field first what with them fasting they would be knackered running in the sunshine....
(03-06-2019, 10:43 AM)Razorsedge Wrote: England have won the toss and elected to field. I would have put the Pakistan to field first what with them fasting they would be knackered running in the sunshine....

Yeah, looking like the wrong decision.  Pakistan on course for a big total.  Good response after the drubbing by the West indies.
I know and Plunkett is dropped I know we can chase
(03-06-2019, 13:50 PM)Razorsedge Wrote: I know and Plunkett is dropped I know we can chase

349 though, it's a big ask.  I would have batted first knowing how lacking in confidence they would have been.  Should be interesting though, glad you got me into this world cup.
My pleasure EE, cricket is good game.

We now have a very big task losing Jason is a blow
(03-06-2019, 15:24 PM)Razorsedge Wrote: My pleasure EE, cricket is good game.

We now have a very big task losing Jason is a blow

They look right up for it don't they.  349 still seems a long way away.
161-4 after 26 overs.  Finely balanced isn't it.
Well total feck up by us today, and lets not take any credit from Pakistan they played well.

Hopefully we have learnt our lesson

(03-06-2019, 16:55 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: 161-4 after 26 overs.  Finely balanced isn't it.

It was and losing Root changed the game
(03-06-2019, 18:56 PM)Razorsedge Wrote: Well total feck up by us today, and lets not take any credit from Pakistan they played well.

Hopefully we have learnt our lesson

It was and losing Root changed the game

At least there is a lot of matches to play still to make the semis.  Was a great watch though, the match swung this way and that.  I won £3.60 on betfair exchange, not enough to give up work sadly, but still good to have an interest in it.
It was a good match I was disappointed but hey ho there is still 6 matches left I think so lots to win or loose. Should be a good tournament.

Put the 3.60 towards the Friday lottery it is the big one 105 million
(04-06-2019, 06:59 AM)Razorsedge Wrote: It was a good match I was disappointed but hey ho there is still 6 matches left I think so lots to win or loose. Should be a good tournament.

Put the 3.60 towards the Friday lottery it is the big one 105 million

Haha too late, I've stuck it on Afghanistan Smile if they win I'll stick it on the lottery.
I think that is not a bad shout. The only team Sri Lanka defeated this year is Scotland so Afghanistan may do the business as it is also Eid, so they would be playing with a full belly...

I think I vexed poor Afghanistan, SL are looking like they got their mojo back
Wow, SL were cruising at one stage and now 6 wickets gone for 175 runs
(04-06-2019, 12:48 PM)Razorsedge Wrote: Wow, SL were cruising at one stage and now 6 wickets gone for 175 runs

180-8 now.

Come on you red n blue.
It is raining and match has been delayed I wonder if both get a point...
(04-06-2019, 15:00 PM)Razorsedge Wrote: It is raining and match has been delayed I wonder if both get a point...

I was wondering that too.  Its in Wales too so if they wait for the sun to come out if could be days Smile
haha

Well looks like we have a game, the overs are reduced to 41 and it is DRS rules, I would say advantage SL but lets see