Crystal Palace Comrades Forums
Parish On HLTCO - Printable Version

+- Crystal Palace Comrades Forums (https://www.palacecomrades.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Crystal Palace Discussion (https://www.palacecomrades.com/forum/Forum-Crystal-Palace-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Websites, Podcasts, Media & The Rest (https://www.palacecomrades.com/forum/Forum-Websites-Podcasts-Media-The-Rest)
+--- Thread: Parish On HLTCO (/Thread-Parish-On-HLTCO)

Parish on HLTCO - The Expat Eagle - 03-09-2019

What do we think about Parish doing an interview with a podcast that is hidden behind a paywall? Why is Parish working with someone to make money from fans and no insisting it is free for listeners?

Maybe Parish took a fee for the interview? If someone is earning from it then he should be paid a royalty... Is he that hard up?

Either way it stinks and when he did interviews before with Back of The Next (in it's previous guise) and FYP it was open to all even if he did give us a loan of flannel.

This is a PR nightmare on his part and surprised it has not been leaked yet.

RE: Parish On HLTCO - elgin eagle - 03-09-2019

You would think he would use the club's media channel really.  Maybe they were too busy fleecing season ticket holders out of more money for gold membership to stream some meaningless friendlies (but not all of them) to do it.

I don't have much against Parish personally, it's probably very difficult to keep us in this league and build 3 new stands at the same time, or even relocate to CP Park if that proves too problematic, but he hasn't exactly been very forthcoming with his tweets this summer.  What was the gist of what he said?

RE: Parish On HLTCO - Nick Gusset - 03-09-2019

We at BOTN will remain free for as long as we can be. We always look into revenue streams to help us to remain so.
We've discussed it a few times but all feel that it's our love for the team that drives us to continue with our (in my opinion, ever improving) show not a desire to see it as a money making exercise.

I doubt that Parish would have received a fee for his appearance on HLTCO. If people want to charge for stuff and there is an audience that are willing to pay, good luck to them.
Personally I don't like it.

RE: Parish On HLTCO - The Expat Eagle - 03-09-2019

(03-09-2019, 10:28 AM)elgin eagle Wrote: You would think he would use the club's media channel really.  Maybe they were too busy fleecing season ticket holders out of more money for gold membership to stream some meaningless friendlies (but not all of them) to do it.

I don't have much against Parish personally, it's probably very difficult to keep us in this league and build 3 new stands at the same time, or even relocate to CP Park if that proves too problematic, but he hasn't exactly been very forthcoming with his tweets this summer.  What was the gist of what he said?

I have no idea I wouldn't pay for it.

RE: Parish On HLTCO - The Expat Eagle - 03-09-2019

(03-09-2019, 11:45 AM)Nick Gusset Wrote: We at BOTN will remain free for as long as we can be. We always look into revenue streams to help us to remain so.
We've discussed it a few times but all feel that it's our love for the team that drives us to continue with our (in my opinion, ever improving) show not a desire to see it as a money making exercise.

I doubt that Parish would have received a fee for his appearance on HLTCO. If people want to charge for stuff and there is an audience that are willing to pay, good luck to them.
Personally I don't like it.

I agree it's up to the individual if they want to hide things behind a pay wall and if someone wants to pay for it. I just question Parish's motives because why does he want to help one person to make money over someone else? He should be insisting it is free for the fans so I think it stinks, I didn't know HLTCO even had a podcast until now.

RE: Parish On HLTCO - Yuri Gagarin - 03-09-2019

(03-09-2019, 15:10 PM)The Expat Eagle Wrote: I agree it's up to the individual if they want to hide things behind a pay wall and if someone wants to pay for it. I just question Parish's motives because why does he want to help one person to make money over someone else? He should be insisting it is free for the fans so I think it stinks, I didn't know HLTCO even had a podcast until now.
Maybe he hates poor people.

RE: Parish On HLTCO - elgin eagle - 04-09-2019

(03-09-2019, 15:08 PM)The Expat Eagle Wrote: I have no idea I wouldn't pay for it.
Let's invite parish for an interview and charge him, then share the money to the comrades.