Crystal Palace Comrades Forums

Full Version: All Time Favorite Player
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Mine is and always will be Vince Hilaire and to have met him he did not let me down as to how much I think of him. "He's here He's there He's f**ING everywhere Vince Hilaire Vince Hilaire".

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk
(05-05-2020, 14:23 PM)Holmesdale Monkey Nuts Wrote: [ -> ]Mine is and always will be Vince Hilaire and to have met him he did not let me down as to how much I think of him. "He's here He's there He's f**ING everywhere Vince Hilaire Vince Hilaire".

Vince was symbolic of Palace in the '80s and a big fan favourite, including me, but truthfully he was not fit to tie Wilf's boots. If only Wilf would learn to cross the ball.
(05-05-2020, 17:34 PM)Talons Wrote: [ -> ]Vince was symbolic of Palace in the '80s and a big fan favourite, including me, but truthfully he was not fit to tie Wilf's boots. If only Wilf would learn to cross the ball.
I am going to agree to differ mate. Anyway different in style.

Very recent I know, but I think AWB really was an outstanding talent. He was 19 putting players like Sane, Sterling and Salah in his pocket. There’s a reason he’s gone to United and come good and Wilf not so much. Despite all Wilf’s talent, and I truly believe he’s the most talented player I’ve seen in a Palace shirt, Wilf has never been one for a consistent end product or making the right decision whether to pass or shoot. I watched back the Watford playoff game and he hasn’t advanced at all in that respect in 7 years which is a shame. 

AWB though is going from strength to strength. He’s added crossing to his game now too. Very special player and you could tell from the start. Absolute bargain at 50m
(05-05-2020, 20:02 PM)Holmesdale Monkey Nuts Wrote: [ -> ]I am going to agree to differ mate. Anyway different in style.

I just saw he’s a West Ham fan.  And so the dream dies...
(11-05-2020, 17:36 PM)ChrisGC Wrote: [ -> ]Very recent I know, but I think AWB really was an outstanding talent. He was 19 putting players like Sane, Sterling and Salah in his pocket. There’s a reason he’s gone to United and come good and Wilf not so much. Despite all Wilf’s talent, and I truly believe he’s the most talented player I’ve seen in a Palace shirt, Wilf has never been one for a consistent end product or making the right decision whether to pass or shoot. I watched back the Watford playoff game and he hasn’t advanced at all in that respect in 7 years which is a shame. 

AWB though is going from strength to strength. He’s added crossing to his game now too. Very special player and you could tell from the start. Absolute bargain at 50m
When we sold AWB I finally realised that Palace will never be a big club, or at least not any time soon.
Very depressing.
Holmesdale Monkey Nuts Wrote:Mine is and always will be Vince Hilaire and to have met him he did not let me down as to how much I think of him. "He's here He's there He's f**ING everywhere Vince Hilaire Vince Hilaire".

Meet Vince in the directors box.  Jumped up every time we scored. And he was working for Pompy!  Big Grin
Personally I think Wilf is the most talented player I've ever seen in the Red and Blue. 

Bit old school but I loved Alan Whittle.  Diminutive but tenacious and knew where the net was.

Remember him scoring in the final match of the season, against Bournemouth I think.  He hit it from wide left and everyone moaned as it looked like it was going for a throw in.  But it curled into the top right hand corner.    GK never moved fabulous goal.
(13-05-2020, 12:45 PM)The Groover Wrote: [ -> ]Personally I think Wilf is the most talented player I've ever seen in the Red and Blue. 

Bit old school but I loved Alan Whittle.  Diminutive but tenacious and knew where the net was.

Remember him scoring in the final match of the season, against Bournemouth I think.  He hit it from wide left and everyone moaned as it looked like it was going for a throw in.  But it curled into the top right hand corner.    GK never moved fabulous goal.
Another great character from the '70s.
Allison's boys really deserved that Cup Final against United in '76 for all the big scalps they took along the way but it was not to be. A shame they could not carry that form on in the league but then, if Allison had been successful we might not have got Venables in charge.
(13-05-2020, 12:45 PM)The Groover Wrote: [ -> ]Personally I think Wilf is the most talented player I've ever seen in the Red and Blue. 

Me too I think after watching this.  So much skill.

Aki!!!!!
I know its an old thread,  Smile

I am not a Wilf fan, hes lazy, and cheats,  shame really, as he is extremely talented

For me, i have many favorites of players for Palace over the years (and some not !!  )

Goal keepers John Jackson,  and Nigel Martin, both ahead of there time, and had it not been a couple of slightley better Keepers, both would of been top long standing internationals 

Geoff Thomas, always a fav of mine

And i dont think any one mentiond Ian Wright along side Mark Bright, those were the years, when Palace had by far the best two strikers in the whole of the country, had we had the other 9 players all fireing on all cylinder at the same time, we could of acheived so much more, but of coarse the Palace board, didnt want to much fame, just as it is today

I have many many names of Palace players, who i believe played 100% every week, no matter what for Palace, and we have to remember, we never paid the salaries of other clubs, yet they still played 100%

The modern game is not about playing football, its about how big your bank balance is, and Palace players only put in 50% of there ability, maybe less
I’m going to Chuck Scott Dann into the mix.

For me, his signing was a stand out at the time. We went from a squad of championship players punching above their weight to signing our first in-their-prime premier league quality player.

He was a cut above until he got Pardewed and then had that awful knee injury. He can still put in a shift when called upon though.

Would be in my all time 11.