Crystal Palace Comrades Forums

Full Version: Simon Jordan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
He's only on bloody QT tonight.
He's done a pod with Danny Kelly but haven't heard it yet.
Love him or loathe him, he doesn't seem to have gone away.

Thoughts comrades!?
I actually don't mind SJ.  Think he's a bit of a bullshitter but agilo tucked him up when we had a decent chance of getting promoted.  Of course he has his failings but who hasn't.
I don't mind him or Goldberg. There but for the grace of God go I and all that.

I tend to defend him a lot but that is because people tend to put the boot in a lot. I tend to criticise Parish a lot because people tend to kiss his arse a lot. I am a Devil's Advocate.
He's doing ok on QT.
(23-05-2019, 23:31 PM)Yuri Gagarin Wrote: [ -> ]He's doing ok on QT.

Good on him.  Mind you given some of the competition it's a pretty low bar Smile
I don't mind him either, he's not a bad bloke underneath the public veneer. Loves his local team, and tried his best. It can't have been easy with what he had to do to get the club competing again . Got shafted , and lost a lot if money. You'd feel sorry for anyone that that happened to , it just felt worse because it was our club .
The thing that annoys me with the Parish lovers who are Jordan haters is they big up the achievement that they perceive Parish has done in the last 9 years compared to Jordan's 10 years. Jordan owned Palace on his own. Parish had 3 co-owners then 2 American billionaire co-owners.

The winter window when when had Big Sam and we signed Luka, PvA, Schlupp and Sako on loan it is well known the 3 owners lent the club £40m. It's always compared to the season we went down under Dowie when we didn't buy in the winter window and how shite Jordan was because of that. Maybe, just maybe, Jordan couldn't afford to spend any money or maybe our deals fell through. Would we have survived under Big Sam is Parish couldn't have borrowed £22.6m from the two Americans?

All in all Jordan did his best. The ITV football deal fell though and all clubs got shafted and he was a one man owner. Parish has done well but he hasn't done it all alone.
(24-05-2019, 15:50 PM)Swedish Expat Eagle Wrote: [ -> ]The thing that annoys me with the Parish lovers who are Jordan haters is they big up the achievement that they perceive Parish has done in the last 9 years compared to Jordan's 10 years. Jordan owned Palace on his own. Parish had 3 co-owners then 2 American billionaire co-owners.

The winter window when when had Big Sam and we signed Luka, PvA, Schlupp and Sako on loan it is well known the 3 owners lent the club £40m. It's always compared to the season we went down under Dowie when we didn't buy in the winter window and how shite Jordan was because of that. Maybe, just maybe, Jordan couldn't afford to spend any money or maybe our deals fell through. Would we have survived under Big Sam is Parish couldn't have borrowed £22.6m from the two Americans?

All in all Jordan did his best. The ITV football deal fell though and all clubs got shafted and he was a one man owner. Parish has done well but he hasn't done it all alone.
I wonder what Jordan thinks when he looks at the size and stature of Palace these days.  I always believed he had the club's best interests at heart, and was quite unlucky to get relegated.  Had we stayed up that season, who knows what would have happened.  Different times of course though.  It always seemed quite a small sum to go into administration for.
This pod he did with Danny Kelly is good.

https://podtail.com/en/podcast/boot-room...n-between/
(18-07-2019, 09:13 AM)Yuri Gagarin Wrote: [ -> ]This pod he did with Danny Kelly is good.

https://podtail.com/en/podcast/boot-room...n-between/
Cheers, just listened to the first one.  Thought it would test my attention span, but he is very easy to listen to, for all his funny ways.  He thought 53,000 went to watch palace v burnley in 1979.  Maybe there was, but that wasn't the official attendance was it.

Liked the bit about the spurs tie in their boardroom, and his reaction to the pendant offering.
The Parish lovers / Jordan haters of today were the Jordan lovers 15 years ago (except for the 5 minutes after Coppell left). But they are so loyal to Parish now they will accuse you of being brighton even if you say you want the Wall St mob out without even mentioning Parish!
(24-05-2019, 15:50 PM)ceitinn Wrote: [ -> ]The thing that annoys me with the Parish lovers who are Jordan haters is they big up the achievement that they perceive Parish has done in the last 9 years compared to Jordan's 10 years. Jordan owned Palace on his own. Parish had 3 co-owners then 2 American billionaire co-owners.

In '05 we had Bod Dowie in charge of transfers...or rather...what was it again.... "getting bodies over the line"...we never stood a chance.

Mind you right now we have Freedman so not much better.