Crystal Palace Comrades Forums

Full Version: Arsenal Away (Monday 18th, 2000)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Never an easy place to go when you need a win, but they haven't exactly been worldbeaters this season. Would take a point from this one I think.
I fancy us to turn them over.  They have looked poor and Brigscum took the game to them after we had torn the weed a new one.

Having said that they have capable players but more than 1/2 will be away on international duty.
We will win 3-0.
(06-10-2021, 22:09 PM)ChrisGC Wrote: [ -> ]We will win 3-0.

Chris.  Your predictions are the kiss of death mate!  Can you not say that the arse will win.   Big Grin
(06-10-2021, 22:28 PM)The Groover Wrote: [ -> ]Chris.  Your predictions are the kiss of death mate!  Can you not say that the arse will win.   Big Grin

Big Grin
The ironic thing is that I’m always optimistic whereas you lads all expect the worst (Brighton better than us ffs) yet it’s you boys that get the hump when results go as you predict lol
(06-10-2021, 22:30 PM)ChrisGC Wrote: [ -> ]Big Grin
The ironic thing is that I’m always optimistic whereas you lads all expect the worst (Brighton better than us ffs) yet it’s you boys that get the hump when results go as you predict lol

Big Grin

You are either wildly optimistic or ridiculously pessimistic Big Grin I've never seen you predict a draw yet!

Personally can't see us winning there but if you are right I'll be more than happy to buy you a pint for how many goals we win by.
At least Palace can't fuck up the weekend again.  Two in a row!
International breaks are so bloody annoying!  We still have 7 days to wait!
Fuck the Arse.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58932550

I guess the risk is we beat them convincingly and then when they sack Arteta (surely inevitable at some point), then they come in for Vieira.  At the moment I'd say we have a more entertaining squad than them though.
(16-10-2021, 14:56 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: [ -> ]https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58932550

I guess the risk is we beat them convincingly and then when they sack Arteta (surely inevitable at some point), then they come in for Vieira.  At the moment I'd say we have a more entertaining squad than them though.

Would PV want to go there at the moment. We seem to have a good project going which he has bought into. Arsenal are a club in turmoil
(16-10-2021, 14:56 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: [ -> ]https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58932550

I really can’t see that happening. We will beat them mind you. Allardyce is the man for them when we do
(17-10-2021, 15:38 PM)The Carfax Wrote: [ -> ]Would PV want to go there at the moment. We seem to have a good project going which he has bought into. Arsenal are a club in turmoil

For a club their size they really are and their recruitment is so poor isn't it.  I guess from Vieiras POV the expectation level might be more realistic these days there, and obviously he is a club legend for them which would buy him time.  I've been impressed with our recruitment and playing style under him though, I dunno about you.  If we could just cut out a few of the errors and take a few more chances.  Mind you I guess every supporter says that about his team though Smile
(17-10-2021, 15:50 PM)ChrisGC Wrote: [ -> ]I really can’t see that happening. We will beat them mind you. Allardyce is the man for them when we do

I think a draw is well within our powers.  A win would be amazing.  I'm still haunted by THAT Giroud goal there against us.
(17-10-2021, 22:17 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: [ -> ]I think a draw is well within our powers.  A win would be amazing.  I'm still haunted by THAT Giroud goal there against us.

I agree a draw is on the cards,
(18-10-2021, 08:12 AM)steve m Wrote: [ -> ]I agree a draw is on the cards,

Easy win. At least 3 or 4.
(18-10-2021, 08:18 AM)ChrisGC Wrote: [ -> ]Easy win. At least 3 or 4.

score 5, and we move two places up, very unlikely !!
Just heard a rumour that Wilf is out tonight and at the weekend.
(18-10-2021, 18:10 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: [ -> ]Just heard a rumour that Wilf is out tonight and at the weekend.

Good, that undermines all the work they’ve done in training to mark/kick him out the game. Get Olise on ffs
(18-10-2021, 18:10 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: [ -> ]Just heard a rumour that Wilf is out tonight and at the weekend.

IMHO, GOOD, lazy fucker
Pages: 1 2 3