Crystal Palace Comrades Forums

Full Version: Making Shipping Containers Useful
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I thought this was an interesting video.  It basically explains that thousands of shipping contrainers leave China each year, and make one trip.  Its then more expensive to send them back to China, so they make more instead.  This guy designs other uses for them.  Anyway I thought some of the ideas were pretty cool.  You could solve homelessness with these.

They sometimes use them for the industrial scale batteries that plug into the national grid.

Presumably some get used again for freight - We still export our own stuff in containers from Felixstowe.
(22-04-2021, 17:54 PM)Raggy Wrote: [ -> ]They sometimes use them for the industrial scale batteries that plug into the national grid.

Presumably some get used again for freight - We still export our own stuff in containers from Felixstowe.

Yeah of course not all get stockpiled, but mostly it's one way traffic isn't it.  It would be interesting to see a world map showing where most of them are.  Not everything is made in China, but most of it is Smile

I liked the open bar idea.