Zaha 7/4 To Join PSG
https://www.oddschecker.com/football/foo...fer-window

Anything in this do we think?  I thought it was a pretty emotional Wilf who exited the pitch on Sunday, thumping the badge etc.  To be honest I could see it, he speaks French, and Paris to London is easy.  I'd actually prefer it than if he joined another premier league side. At least we would have funds to rebuild then.
(19-08-2019, 17:56 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: https://www.oddschecker.com/football/foo...fer-window

Anything in this do we think?  I thought it was a pretty emotional Wilf who exited the pitch on Sunday, thumping the badge etc.  To be honest I could see it, he speaks French, and Paris to London is easy.  I'd actually prefer it than if he joined another premier league side.  At least we would have funds to rebuild then.
If they want to pay us 130 million. Because that is what another season in the PL is worth and we have no chance of staying up without him.
Goodbye European Union. Goodbye Jeremy. Goodbye Nick. Jerk-It
(19-08-2019, 18:34 PM)Talons Wrote: If they want to pay us 130 million. Because that is what another season in the PL is worth and we have no chance of staying up without him.
On Sundays evidence we will struggle even with him.  I can see a big foreign club like PSG recognising his worth.
Quicker he goes the better.
1 player club at the moment and its no good for anyone.
Grab as much as we can and invest in some youth with mass potential.
Start the rebuild now I say.
Fuck off a heap in January and keep/buy/have a young and enthusiastic approach to the future.
WZ wanted to go last year, again this year to the Arse and then Everton FFS. He clearly wants out no matter where it is so fuck him off ASAP.
(20-08-2019, 08:54 AM)Bones14 Wrote: Quicker he goes the better.
1 player club at the moment and its no good for anyone.
Grab as much as we can and invest in some youth with mass potential.
Start the rebuild now I say.
Fuck off a heap in January and keep/buy/have a young and enthusiastic approach to the future.
WZ wanted to go last year, again this year to the Arse and then Everton FFS. He clearly wants out no matter where it is so fuck him off ASAP.
We had one of the best youth players in the country and we sold him to Man U.
Our squad is old and needs replacing but if we sell Zaha now, we will be rebuilding in the Championship for sure.

We need to spend the AWB money in January and stay up and then we can worry about Zaha.

Why we didn't buy a striker and a better right back in this window is beyond reason. How could anyone who remotely understands football not see what would happen if we didn't?
Agreed.
AWB wanted out, so not much you can do other than have a disgruntled player on your hands.
Both want/wanted out so move'em on.
Correct about spending the AWB money which makes you think the yanks want to sell the quality and run with the money.
Clubs in an awful situation at present, that's why ditch now and build quick in January.
(20-08-2019, 10:00 AM)Bones14 Wrote: Agreed.
AWB wanted out, so not much you can do other than have a disgruntled player on your hands.
Both want/wanted out so move'em on.
Correct about spending the AWB money which makes you think the yanks want to sell the quality and run with the money.
Clubs in an awful situation at present, that's why ditch now and build quick in January.
Still a week to go until most countries windows shut isn't there.  His head and heart are elsewhere now, time to cash in and rebuild.  Just hope with younger players to avoid the looming nightmare ahead.
Talking with Expat earlier, we wonder if PSG will come in for him if they sell Neymar.
Sounds like they are definitely interested again.  I think if we had to sell him then I would prefer to sell him abroad.  If we could get first refusal on buying him back that would be great too.
I would suggest people listen to the Price of Football podcast for an explanation how post Covid-19 all transfers will be a lot less than before. We won't get £50m for Zaha.

Also, regarding the above podcast listen to the last FYP podcast to hear how without the AWB sale we'd have failed FFP and made a £40m loss that year. We were losing £100k a day, probably still are. On top of that we owe the owners for massive loans and Parish took over £2m in wages.
(15-06-2020, 19:43 PM)ceitinn Wrote: I would suggest people listen to the Price of Football podcast for an explanation how post Covid-19 all transfers will be a lot less than before. We won't get £50m for Zaha.

Also, regarding the above podcast listen to the last FYP podcast to hear how without the AWB sale we'd have failed FFP and made a £40m loss that year. We were losing £100k a day, probably still are. On top of that we owe the owners for massive loans and Parish took over £2m in wages.
We should’ve bitten off Everton’s hand when they offered ridiculous money + players.

Taking the rose tints off, how much is Zaha really worth? He’s home grown, granted. Doesn’t get 10 league goals or assists per year though. I think we’ve always over valued him, even if he is the best we’ve ever had.

Werner is going to Chelsea for 50m (rumoured). Zaha isn’t in the same league as the guy. That said, Arsenal did spunk 70m on Pepe....
(15-06-2020, 21:40 PM)ChrisGC Wrote: We should’ve bitten off Everton’s hand when they offered ridiculous money + players.

Taking the rose tints off, how much is Zaha really worth? He’s home grown, granted. Doesn’t get 10 league goals or assists per year though. I think we’ve always over valued him, even if he is the best we’ve ever had.

Werner is going to Chelsea for 50m (rumoured). Zaha isn’t in the same league as the guy. That said, Arsenal did spunk 70m on Pepe....

I agree. There are too many who refuse to see Wilf's end product is lacking in a player who is supposed to be worth £70m+. If he had more and better clubs than Everton would be sniffing around.

It was interesting to hear that we 'had' to complete the AWB deal for FFP and I wonder if that is why Parish backed down from his demand for £50m cash.
(20-08-2019, 09:36 AM)Talons Wrote: We had one of the best youth players in the country and we sold him to Man U.
Our squad is old and needs replacing but if we sell Zaha now, we will be rebuilding in the Championship for sure.

We need to spend the AWB money in January and stay up and then we can worry about Zaha.

Why we didn't buy a striker and a better right back in this window is beyond reason. How could anyone who remotely understands football not see what would happen if we didn't?
Good job you did remotely understand football innit. By the way how DID this play out then?
(21-06-2020, 21:51 PM)Mapletree Wrote: Good job you did remotely understand football innit. By the way how DID this play out then?
Our top scorer has how many goals?
We are staying up because of Roy Hodgson and Ray Lewington's ability to organise a defence and signing two very cheap players who fortunately exceeded expectations.

If we don't invest in the squad very soon we will get relegated. We have an old squad and we can't stand still.

What's the matter? Haven't you got anything to say about another mass murder by an asylum seeker or the stupidity of allowing politics in sport?

Why don't you go and graffiti a statue? Or are you too busy with all your jobs?
(22-06-2020, 07:19 AM)Talons Wrote: Our top scorer has how many goals?
We are staying up because of Roy Hodgson and Ray Lewington's ability to organise a defence and signing two very cheap players who fortunately exceeded expectations.

If we don't invest in the squad very soon we will get relegated. We have an old squad and we can't stand still.

What's the matter? Haven't you got anything to say about another mass murder by an asylum seeker or the stupidity of allowing politics in sport?

Why don't you go and graffiti a statue? Or are you too busy with all your jobs?
What a fascinating non-sequitur.  Has naughty old me been getting to you by having an opinion that doesn’t match your own?

It turns out that the club isn’t as stupid as you portray it.  Or maybe you aren’t as clever.