Would You Trade Money For Youth?
I was in the shop yesterday, and the assistant wouldn't serve the kid in front of me alcohol.   When it was my turn I jokingly said that nobody asks me for ID these days.  Afterwards I got thinking what price you can put on being young again, being able to shag who you want and not having any aches and pains or responsibilities that weigh us all down.  Then I thought about Brexit, working toll you die for a miserable pension, never being able to afford to buy or possibly even rent a house in london, and thought maybe it's not so bad to be old.
I could buy cans at 14 and had my first pint (skol lol) in the half moon in broad green.pub fights were awesome to watch until a few years later it was yourself going into action.
On your main point I would say we had a much better childhood . At least boys were boys and girls were girls.
I can shag whoever I want to today, as long as they want to shag me too. Smile

As for the rest... I remember being 16 and about to leave school to become one of 'Maggies Millions'. There was no chance of moving abroad because to work in Germany or France I would have needed a trade behind me and even then... I had no chance of buying a house, though compared to today there was more chance I guess. The housing bubble that existed at the end of the 80s was awful but even so the prices are not like they are today.

I think all things are relative. The worst thing is that wages are lower today for normal working people compared to the 80s and there is more pressure on people to keep up because of technology. When I was at school brands were just becoming the thing and the Christmas present of 1983 was a Sinclair Spectrum which cost £120. That sounds a lot even today. Smile No Sky, no iPads, no mobiles... fuck being a parent today.

But, take yourself to the US. In some states you can't buy alcohol without an ID at any age. As for my first drink... I lived in a pub between the ages of 3 and 11 so... ;-)
You are entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.
I'd kill to be young again, but it would have to be way back when, like having a second go, rather than being young now. That'd be shite.
I wouldn't mind being young again but with the knowledge and confidence I've acquired up to now. First pint in London at the Brockley Jack in 1976. First pint in Wales a year earlier down the NUM club in Tonypandy.
How does the saying go? Youth is wasted on the young...
Is it that you get more cynical in old age or is it that you’ve acquired more wisdom and you see the bigger picture?
(02-07-2019, 13:09 PM)Antichrist Wrote: I'd kill to be young again, but it would have to be way back when, like having a second go, rather than being young now.  That'd be shite.
I wonder if I would be more confident asking girls out the second time, or whether I would repeat the same mistakes.  You are still essentially you in this scenario aren't you.  Just an older wiser head in a younger body.  A bit like the gunslinger in that Stephen King book.  It would be a bit shit if you just went through it all over again repeating the same mistakes and walking past girls you know you fancied the first time but were too shy or worried about being knocked back.  Surely you would just go for it and damn the consequences, especially if you knew you would get transported back to the fucked old you at some point so rejection wouldn't really matter Big Grin  Maybe I'm over thinking this.  I read somewhere that if you ask 10 girls if they are horny, the chances are that at least one would say yes.  I just think that if the first 9 said fuck off you probably would be so scarred by that point you would just go home for a wank, first time, second time, or any other time you tried this quantum leap.  Plus you would get more skint each time you tried to repeat your youth.
Fuck being reincarnated but that’s a different thread?

Was meant to be a smiley not ?
(02-07-2019, 23:17 PM)Richard Sole Wrote: Fuck being reincarnated but that’s a different thread?

Was meant to be a smiley not ?
Yeah, I was thinking more about fast forwarding to the best bits.
elgin eagle Wrote:I wonder if I would be more confident asking girls out the second time, or whether I would repeat the same mistakes.  You are still essentially you in this scenario aren't you.  Just an older wiser head in a younger body.  A bit like the gunslinger in that Stephen King book.  It would be a bit shit if you just went through it all over again repeating the same mistakes and walking past girls you know you fancied the first time but were too shy or worried about being knocked back.  Surely you would just go for it and damn the consequences, especially if you knew you would get transported back to the fucked old you at some point so rejection wouldn't really matter Big Grin  Maybe I'm over thinking this.  I read somewhere that if you ask 10 girls if they are horny, the chances are that at least one would say yes.  I just think that if the first 9 said fuck off you probably would be so scarred by that point you would just go home for a wank, first time, second time, or any other time you tried this quantum leap.  Plus you would get more skint each time you tried to repeat your youth.

I wouldnt ask 10 girls if they are horny I would (in a night club) ask for a dance and if they say no I would go next....I am not bothered with rejection...
(02-07-2019, 22:49 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: I wonder if I would be more confident asking girls out the second time, or whether I would repeat the same mistakes.  You are still essentially you in this scenario aren't you.  Just an older wiser head in a younger body.  A bit like the gunslinger in that Stephen King book.  It would be a bit shit if you just went through it all over again repeating the same mistakes and walking past girls you know you fancied the first time but were too shy or worried about being knocked back.  Surely you would just go for it and damn the consequences, especially if you knew you would get transported back to the fucked old you at some point so rejection wouldn't really matter Big Grin  Maybe I'm over thinking this.  I read somewhere that if you ask 10 girls if they are horny, the chances are that at least one would say yes.  I just think that if the first 9 said fuck off you probably would be so scarred by that point you would just go home for a wank, first time, second time, or any other time you tried this quantum leap.  Plus you would get more skint each time you tried to repeat your youth.

Depends on the question, which I thought was about us being able to be young again. If the question was about living our life again with the knowledge we have then things would be different based on that. You would be more confident with certain women because you know what they think.

I would have put a shit load of dosh on Leicester getting promoted to and winning the Premier League within 3 seasons, that I know! Smile
(03-07-2019, 06:35 AM)Swedish Expat Eagle Wrote: Depends on the question, which I thought was about us being able to be young again. If the question was about living our life again with the knowledge we have then things would be different based on that. You would be more confident with certain women because you know what they think.

I would have put a shit load of dosh on Leicester getting promoted to and winning the Premier League within 3 seasons, that I know! Smile
Perhaps i could have phrased it better.  Essentially you would be paying to be young again.  How long that period is for depends on how much you paid.  If that makes sense.  You couldn't bet on anything because you would be coming back to the present when you ran out of money.
(03-07-2019, 14:47 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: Perhaps i could have phrased it better.  Essentially you would be paying to be young again.  How long that period is for depends on how much you paid.  If that makes sense.  You couldn't bet on anything because you would be coming back to the present when you ran out of money.

But assuming you have the knowledge you have today then you could alter the present by being in the past, Back To The Future style.  So pay to go back to 2014 and put that bet on Leicester then jump back to today and the money should be there.

Or do you mean you go back and anything you do won't alter the here and now? So going back and killing someone wouldn't remove them from today.

I've watched far too much sci-fi for this to be straightforward. Smile
(03-07-2019, 15:02 PM)Swedish Expat Eagle Wrote: But assuming you have the knowledge you have today then you could alter the present by being in the past, Back To The Future style.  So pay to go back to 2014 and put that bet on Leicester then jump back to today and the money should be there.

Or do you mean you go back and anything you do won't alter the here and now? So going back and killing someone wouldn't remove them from today.

I've watched far too much sci-fi for this to be straightforward. Smile
Yeah.  The latter Smile

Mostly I was just thinking about sex as the assistant was quite fit and assertive.  Hadn't really considered violence or the revenge side of things.  There would definitely be one or two things I would do, although most of the wankers seem to appeared later in my life than earlier in it.
(03-07-2019, 15:54 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: Yeah.  The latter Smile

Mostly I was just thinking about sex as the assistant was quite fit and assertive.  Hadn't really considered violence or the revenge side of things.  There would definitely be one or two things I would do, although most of the wankers seem to appeared later in my life than earlier in it.

If it is a kind of Groundhog Day style of time travel then there would be shitloads of crimes I would commit if there were no consequences for either myself or the victims.

However law abiding we are we all have times when we would like to do something but we stop ourselves because we don't want to do time or hurt someone. Be it drive too fast, nick something, give someone a slap or whatever.

Which makes me think of an alternative thread...

https://www.palacecomrades.com/forum/Thr...ld-Your-Do