Wolves (A) 3rd Round 1945
Not a team tonight.  9 changes.  Wolves made 2 and it shows.  Hopefully there is a plan for crossers this month.
Thought we'd do worse than we have.
(08-01-2021, 21:28 PM)Billypalace Wrote: Thought we'd do worse than we have.

Negative shots on target? Smile. I can't see any partnerships on our side of the pitch.  Loads on theirs.
Another year to wait then.
Absolutely pathetic. Why does every team have a player that can pass a crossfield diagonal ball apart from us? Why take Benteke, who was doing ok in the air. off and keep on 'Stealing a living' Batshuyi? I think it is time for Roy to accept his gold watch and retire with a nice cup of Horlicks. NO SHOTS ON TARGET. KEEPER DIDN'T HAVE TO MAKE A SAVE. THEY ARE SHOCKING STATS AND NOT FOR THE FIRST TIME UNDER ROY.
No shots on target, ffs. Poor so poor. No urgency last 10 mins just sideways backwards sideways backwards.
Under Construction   Cool
That’s our season finished then, 15th place finish. Yawn.
(08-01-2021, 21:44 PM)DaiLaffing Wrote: Absolutely pathetic. Why does every team have a player that can pass a crossfield diagonal ball apart from us? Why take Benteke, who was doing ok in the air. off and keep on 'Stealing a living' Batshuyi? I think it is time for Roy to accept his gold watch and retire with a nice cup of Horlicks. NO SHOTS ON TARGET. KEEPER DIDN'T HAVE TO MAKE A SAVE. THEY ARE SHOCKING STATS AND NOT FOR THE FIRST TIME UNDER ROY.
When he brought Mitchell and Zaha on I thought 'ah, he'll push Van Aanholt up and provide some width to get crosses into Benteke and have Ayew and Eze feed off the second ball'.  But he took Benteke off.  By the end we had square pegs in round holes all over the pitch.  I know Hodgson teams don't have width but it's not great to watch sometimes is it.  Will there be a plan for January do you think?  So many are due to leave on free transfers in a couple of months.
No Balance. No plan. No fucking idea.
(08-01-2021, 21:35 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: Negative shots on target? Smile. I can't see any partnerships on our side of the pitch.  Loads on theirs.
Just thought we'd be get slaughtered. May have been better if we had as the score line flattered us.
Second half I watched Jairo. When he got the ball he looked forward saw nothing on and I swear he would shake his head as he played ball square again. When Kouyate came on he shoukd have replace Ayew. Not that he should have come on as I think andros for Ayew was the move. Then CK for McArrhy and Wilf on for Bsts or CB. All with at least 30 mins remaining.....but what do I know. Why no kids on the bench. Why is Meyer consigned to scrap heap? Its not as if we are blessed.
I must say that we were absolutely bleeding awful. No efforts on goal, dire closing down for their goal and pathetic passing. It's almost like we wanted to get knocked out or something. Wink
Goodbye European Union. Goodbye Jeremy. Goodbye Nick. Jerk-It
(08-01-2021, 22:46 PM)Talons Wrote: I must say that we were absolutely bleeding awful. No efforts on goal, dire closing down for their goal and pathetic passing. It's almost like we wanted to get knocked out or something. Wink

As if we weren't already aware.
(09-01-2021, 07:01 AM)...TUX... Wrote: As if we weren't already aware.
I know TUX.. I know.
Goodbye European Union. Goodbye Jeremy. Goodbye Nick. Jerk-It
(08-01-2021, 22:05 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: When he brought Mitchell and Zaha on I thought 'ah, he'll push Van Aanholt up and provide some width to get crosses into Benteke and have Ayew and Eze feed off the second ball'.  But he took Benteke off.  By the end we had square pegs in round holes all over the pitch.  I know Hodgson teams don't have width but it's not great to watch sometimes is it.  Will there be a plan for January do you think?  So many are due to leave on free transfers in a couple of months.
I'm not one who has wanted Roy out but if he decides who we sign this window then we'll be stuck with him for at least the near future. With all the players out of contract perhaps it'd be better to give him a very limited budget and bring in someone new in the Summer or after we are safe. That way we could have a fresh start.
(09-01-2021, 15:08 PM)DaiLaffing Wrote: I'm not one who has wanted Roy out but if he decides who we sign this window then we'll be stuck with him for at least the near future. With all the players out of contract perhaps it'd be better to give him a very limited budget and bring in someone new in the Summer or after we are safe. That way we could have a fresh start.
Well as everyone knows I am onevwho wants Roy out because I can see he is a one trick pony. who's trick is easy to work out. His type of player is exactly what his first choice midfield is. Industrious cart horses. Not that its a bad thing. Just we don't need 3 or 4 of them in the team at same time. With so many players coming out of contract now is the time to bring in a new manager. To decide who to keep/let go.  Unless we bring in a complete dork...we should survive which is Roys sole ambition. We need 5 or 6 wins from 21 games.  It woukd be sensible and hint at forward planning. But we dont work that way do we?
(09-01-2021, 15:08 PM)DaiLaffing Wrote: I'm not one who has wanted Roy out but if he decides who we sign this window then we'll be stuck with him for at least the near future. With all the players out of contract perhaps it'd be better to give him a very limited budget and bring in someone new in the Summer or after we are safe. That way we could have a fresh start.

Have you seen this page?  I dunno how accurate it is but if it is, and nobody is offered or signs a new deal, then we will have 8 players on the books in June.

Now I'm not expecting miracles given how long we have kicked the can down the road for, but surely there is a opportunity to address the age issue and lack of width issue now or in the summer.  If this is Roy's last season then one more shit window isn't going to kill us.  We probably need 15 points from 21 games to be safe, with anything better hopefully going to the transfer budget instead of being trousered by the yanks.