Who Should Replace Roy?
At least a replacement wont be that idiot Mourinho

Jose Mourinho named Roma boss from start of next season - BBC Sport
Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at
(04-05-2021, 21:18 PM)steve m Wrote: At least a replacement wont be that idiot Mourinho

Jose Mourinho named Roma boss from start of next season - BBC Sport
Fonseca to us then?  Don't know much about him but he did well at Roma.  Italians know how to defend anyway.
Hmnn good thinking Paul.
Under Construction   Cool
(06-05-2021, 11:17 AM)elgin eagle Wrote: Fonseca to us then?  Don't know much about him but he did well at Roma.  Italians know how to defend anyway.
Reports are he doesnt defend.....? Big Grin Roma like to be on front foot. Part of issue was the team needed more quality at back. I liked what i saw of Roma. Players flooding forward and working hard to get back to defend. The 6 2 loss to United was bad but these things happen even when you are defensive minded.
(07-05-2021, 09:38 AM)Lombardo\s Hair Wrote: Reports are he doesnt defend.....? Big Grin Roma like to be on front foot. Part of issue was the team needed more quality at back. I liked what i saw of Roma. Players flooding forward and working hard to get back to defend. The 6 2 loss to United was bad but these things happen even when you are defensive minded.

Must be the first Italian manager who doesn't then Smile

Anyway, sounds like Lampard has emerged as the front runner now.
(13-05-2021, 11:29 AM)elgin eagle Wrote: Must be the first Italian manager who doesn't then Smile

Yep apparently... Am not sure if i am keen At least he may add a bit of excitement to our play.
Under Construction   Cool
(13-05-2021, 11:29 AM)elgin eagle Wrote: Must be the first Italian manager who doesn't then Smile

I dont have a problem with Lampard, in fact over some of the other names, he is actually top of my preferred list
Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at
(13-05-2021, 13:21 PM)steve m Wrote: I dont have a problem with Lampard, in fact over some of the other names, he is actually top of my preferred list
I suppose he will definitely have a point to prove after his Derby and Chelsea experiences.  Good footballers don't always make good managers though do they.  I'd prefer Thomas Franks at Brentford myself.  They play really attractive football.  Bit open at the back though.
This made me laugh.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/05/19/re...p-manager/

He says "Osorio is a name that has emerged completely out of the blue". I think he means out of his arse.
Some reports now that Lampard has told us to do one and is talking to West Brom. Reason given: insufficient bottle.
Oh dear, so Osario is signing for a team in Colombia and "Palace have missed out".

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/05/21/ev...-new-club/

I don't know on what planet HLTCO thought he was ever a candidate for us. Obviously the headline is meant to make you think it's going to be about Lampard or Nuno or someone. Laughable.
Meanwhile, Nuno is leaving Wolves and looks like going to Spurs I guess; and Ranieri is now also available.
(21-05-2021, 15:23 PM)chateauferret Wrote: Meanwhile, Nuno is leaving Wolves and looks like going to Spurs I guess; and Ranieri is now also available.
Rolleyes How about NO.
The best men are staring us in the face. Big Sam or Rafa.
Goodbye European Union. Goodbye Jeremy. Goodbye Nick. Jerk-It
(21-05-2021, 19:58 PM)Talons Wrote: Rolleyes How about NO.
The best men are staring us in the face. Big Sam or Rafa.

I didn't comment on the suitability of Ranieri. Was it not he who tried to head-butt McArthur once?

Allardyce isn't right because he's a fix-it merchant and by his own remarks the other day won't stay anywhere longer than half a season, and would not be able to oversee long-term evolution. And Benitez won't go anywhere unless there's a warchest the size of the Isle of Wight.
(21-05-2021, 22:34 PM)chateauferret Wrote: I didn't comment on the suitability of Ranieri. Was it not he who tried to head-butt McArthur once?

Allardyce isn't right because he's a fix-it merchant and by his own remarks the other day won't stay anywhere longer than half a season, and would not be able to oversee long-term evolution. And Benitez won't go anywhere unless there's a warchest the size of the Isle of Wight.
Nah that was Pearson.  He turned Leicester round then Ranieri won the league with them.  Apparently Craig Shakespeare was very influential too though.

Like you I wouldnt want allardyce or benitez.  Whoever takes us on needs a lot of vision though.  I suppose with only 15 players he could build his own team straightaway though.
(21-05-2021, 23:25 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: Nah that was Pearson.  He turned Leicester round then Ranieri won the league with them.  Apparently Craig Shakespeare was very influential too though.

Like you I wouldnt want allardyce or benitez.  Whoever takes us on needs a lot of vision though.  I suppose with only 15 players he could build his own team straightaway though.
 So it was. What a ****.

Last time we went for someone with "vision" the only vision he had was the kind you get with magic mushrooms. Perhaps we should appoint the idiot on HOL who seems to think they are the panacea for all the world's woes.
(21-05-2021, 22:34 PM)chateauferret Wrote: I didn't comment on the suitability of Ranieri. Was it not he who tried to head-butt McArthur once?

Never said you did.

Allardyce is a lying git. He is just extracting himself from Brom without saying that he thinks he is too good for them just like he did with Palace.
If a job comes up that he thinks will suit him, he will sign a longer contract for sure. I agree that the deciding factor could be the size of the transfer kitty, so if we sign up Eddie Howe, Dyche or someone from the Championship, then you can be sure we are going to spend Sweet FA.
(22-05-2021, 07:15 AM)chateauferret Wrote:  So it was. What a ****.

Last time we went for someone with "vision" the only vision he had was the kind you get with magic mushrooms. Perhaps we should appoint the idiot on HOL who seems to think they are the panacea for all the world's woes.
I think we had him on here as well.
Not that Brentford manager please. This is their cup final - well, semi - and they are a shambles.
(22-05-2021, 12:39 PM)chateauferret Wrote: Not that Brentford manager please. This is their cup final - well, semi - and they are a shambles.

The defending for Bournemouth's goal was shocking.  Its that side of things I would be worried about if we got him.  However they turned it round well and were worthy winners by the end I thought.  Quite pleased that Bournemouth failed too.  Doubt we will get Franks now.  He's going to take Brentford up isn't he.