When Was Your Last Fight?
Talking real action here, not a few shoves.  Not suggesting a comrade fight club or anything, just interested Smile   Mine was 30 years ago, over a girl of course.  I'd say it was a draw as it got stopped.  My opponent/enemy looked like a white Daniel Sturridge.
I have a bad shoulder and hip, so my scrapping days are long gone. I did boxing as a teenager, above the Prince of Wales in Thornton Heath... so I had a fair few scraps at school. My parents were Irish catholics... so I had a strict upbringing... when I moved out about 18... I was a bit out of control... I couldn’t handle my newfound freedom... I got in to a few fights... one massive one in Easy Street..it was a real free for all kinda fight. My last attempt at a fight was about two years ago... playing football, and some young turd studded me across the top of my foot.. I threw a punch.. but he saw it coming a mile off... he laughed as he avoided it... he didn’t even see me as viable threat. At the end of the game... him and his mates were pissing themselves at my effort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The funniest fight I ever saw was when I was at college. Me, my bird and few friends were invited to a party.. as the host opened the door, my friend said “I’m sorry we’re late, but I didn’t wanna come” with that the host just chinned him. A top quality punch that royally messed up my mates lip.

My last fight was around 12 years ago.This was surreal.my brother and I were walking outside a well known supermarket when this twenty something lad deliberately pushed his trolley into us for fuck knows what reason , I saw it coming so I knew he meant it.i asked him wtf he was doing and he squared up to me so my reflex was to head Butt him knocking out some of his pearlies, “my teeth!” He exclaimed before he launched himself at me . We scrapped and rolled on the floor and he was slightly getting the better of it before it was broken up .I wasn’t hurt at all but lost my wedding ring which was a c*nt.
(14-08-2019, 19:10 PM)Richard Sole Wrote: My last fight was around 12 years ago.This was surreal.my brother and I were walking outside a well known supermarket when this twenty something lad deliberately pushed his trolley into us for fuck knows what reason , I saw it coming so I knew he meant it.i asked him wtf he was doing and he squared up to me so my reflex was to head Butt him knocking out some of his pearlies, “my teeth!” He exclaimed before he launched himself at me . We scrapped and rolled on the floor and he was slightly getting the better of it before it was broken up .I wasn’t hurt at all but lost my wedding ring which was a c*nt.
Your wedding ring was a c*nt?
Great comment
(14-08-2019, 14:02 PM)mushroom Wrote: I have a bad shoulder and hip, so my scrapping days are long gone. I did boxing as a teenager, above the Prince of Wales in Thornton Heath... so I had a fair few scraps at school. My parents were Irish catholics... so I had a strict upbringing... when I moved out about 18... I was a bit out of control... I couldn’t handle my newfound freedom... I got in to a few fights... one massive one in Easy Street..it was a real free for all kinda fight. My last attempt at a fight was about two years ago... playing football, and some young turd studded me across the top of my foot.. I threw a punch.. but he saw it coming a mile off... he laughed as he avoided it... he didn’t even see me as viable threat. At the end of the game... him and his mates were pissing themselves at my effort.

Annoying.  Hope you remembered his face.  I was down in the Falklands once and we were playing fives.  Being a bit of a grumpy old man even back then I used to get really annoyed by this kid who would go on the piss every night then make a racket down the corridors.  He tried to go past me and I kneed him straight in the upper thigh.  He could hardly walk for a week.  Was fucking great.
Reading these war stories I am getting FOMO, I normally walk away from fights....
(15-08-2019, 06:25 AM)Razorsedge Wrote: Reading these war stories I am getting FOMO, I normally walk away from fights....
After 30 years without one, I'm guessing I do as well mate.
There was about a 22 year gap between my last scrap and my failed punch. I was playing a vets game of football about 3 years ago... and a oppo player came up behind one of our players and hit him from behind. Total cowards punch... found out he was a ex-copper.
Nothing worse than a sucker punch.
When I worked for the post office, we played the french post office... that ended in a 22 man brawl.

(15-08-2019, 18:47 PM)mushroom Wrote: There was about a 22 year gap between my last scrap and my failed punch. I was playing a vets game of football about 3 years ago... and a oppo player came up behind one of our players and hit him from behind. Total cowards punch... found out he was a ex-copper.
Nothing worse than a sucker punch.
When I worked for the post office, we played the french post office... that ended in a 22 man brawl.

Who won?  I'm guessing you weren't invited back to France for the rematch Smile First class tale though.

I once saw a bloke chin someone who must have been 2 foot taller and several stones heavier.  Then he ran away Smile It was probably the wisest course of action he could have made.
(15-08-2019, 13:09 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: After 30 years without one, I'm guessing I do as well mate.

Best way Smile
(15-08-2019, 19:18 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: Who won?  I'm guessing you weren't invited back to France for the rematch Smile First class tale though.

I once saw a bloke chin someone who must have been 2 foot taller and several stones heavier.  Then he ran away Smile It was probably the wisest course of action he could have made.

Punch and run.....now we talking haha, very wise and all if you can run like Bolt
(15-08-2019, 19:33 PM)Razorsedge Wrote: Punch and run.....now we talking haha, very wise and all if you can run like Bolt
It was funny to watch Smile Wouldn't have been funny for the little bloke if he had been caught though.
(15-08-2019, 19:18 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: Who won?  I'm guessing you weren't invited back to France for the rematch Smile First class tale though.

The fight just fizzled out... I’ve had a player take a boot off and throw at me on a field.

I played in Roundshaw once... I was 17... playing for a adult team.. a fight broke out and I was absolutely shitting myself... it was so scary I bottled the game the following season.

I was policing at Selhurst Park last Saturday, handbags really.
(03-09-2019, 02:37 AM)Richard Sole Wrote: I was policing at Selhurst Park last Saturday, handbags really.
I've often wondered this, you always see speeding police cars and sirens on a match day, what type of incidents are they mostly responding to, football related stuff or general Thornton heath type stuff?  And how many of the football incidents relate to scuffles or fights?
(03-09-2019, 06:34 AM)elgin eagle Wrote: I've often wondered this, you always see speeding police cars and sirens on a match day, what type of incidents are they mostly responding to, football related stuff or general Thornton heath type stuff?  And how many of the football incidents relate to scuffles or fights?

I thought they normally rush to the station before the canteen shuts.....
(03-09-2019, 06:59 AM)Razorsedge Wrote: I thought they normally rush to the station before the canteen shuts.....
Smile

I drank in the Prince George for years and never saw any real bother, so I'm guessing a lot is non football related.
(03-09-2019, 07:01 AM)elgin eagle Wrote: Smile

I drank in the Prince George for years and never saw any real bother, so I'm guessing a lot is non football related.
I do think the Police do a fantastic job to be fair. Yes I was taking the mic by saying rushing for the canteen, both sets of fans come in have their songs and go home without a incident and this is due to good policing