What I Find The Most Disappinting With AWB
Thumbs Down 
Is that he left us after one season in the first team. I think after 6 seasons back with the club none of us would begrudge Zaha a big move. He's earned it and I'll wish him well.

But AWB? I am actually fucking annoyed that a kid who is from the area, has been with the club 10 years and just played his first full season said he wanted to leave the club.

I don't subscribe to some people's view on Facebook that they want AWB to get a bad injury, that is c*ntish behaviour, but I want him to have a shitty season!

Being 100% honest I wouldn't have left the club if I were him. If I were Zaha I would want to. But if I were AWB I'd stay with the club at least 1 more season, probably 2 then want to leave.

I heard a whisper from my man on the inside that the club approached AWB's agent to open talks on a new deal and the response was they didn't want to talk. He had 3 years left and having given the club the finger Parish knew next summer his price wouldn't be as much as it is now because with 2 years remaining he would be screwed.

My understanding is Parish wanted to give AWB a 5 year contract to tie him down like he did with Wilf.

I am as pissed off with AWB as I was with Bolasie when left.
My Palace blog and podcast can be found at South London and Proud.
(02-07-2019, 00:18 AM)Swedish Expat Eagle Wrote: Is that he left us after one season in the first team. I think after 6 seasons back with the club none of us would begrudge Zaha a big move. He's earned it and I'll wish him well.

But AWB? I am actually fucking annoyed that a kid who is from the area, has been with the club 10 years and just played his first full season said he wanted to leave the club.

I don't subscribe to some people's view on Facebook that they want AWB to get a bad injury, that is c*ntish behaviour, but I want him to have a shitty season!

Being 100% honest I wouldn't have left the club if I were him. If I were Zaha I would want to. But if I were AWB I'd stay with the club at least 1 more season, probably 2 then want to leave.

I heard a whisper from my man on the inside that the club approached AWB's agent to open talks on a new deal and the response was they didn't want to talk. He had 3 years left and having given the club the finger Parish knew next summer his price wouldn't be as much as it is now because with 2 years remaining he would be screwed.

My understanding is Parish wanted to give AWB a 5 year contract to tie him down like he did with Wilf.

I am as pissed off with AWB as I was with Bolasie when left.
I think they are paying him 80k a week mate.  He was on 10k at Palace.  They should have seen this coming and paid him what he was worth.  

Agree about Wilf but 40 million is a pisstake if true.  This is a hard to take summer for us so far.
(02-07-2019, 00:50 AM)elgin eagle Wrote: I think they are paying him 80k a week mate.  He was on 10k at Palace.  They should have seen this coming and paid him what he was worth.  

Agree about Wilf but 40 million is a pisstake if true.  This is a hard to take summer for us so far.

My understanding is AWB turned down the chance of new contract talks. Even so £80k isn't much for someone that transferred for £50m. Cabaye was on more so is Sakho, Benteke and even Sako the first time around. Meyer is said to be on that much too.
My Palace blog and podcast can be found at South London and Proud.
[Image: tenor.gif]
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba...thing.html

I don't like Boothroyd but make him right here.
Shown just how immature he really is. If he had decent agent he would have got a new contract at Palace, bumping up his wages and proved that he was more than a one season wonder. Man U would have still have come in for him this time next year and he would have been closer to the finished article. As it is he has to impress straight from the off with no leeway for error, if he fucks up a few games, like he did for England, he'll be on the bench.
Personally, I couldn't care less what Bissaka does now. He is United.

If his career goes down the pan then it will be another lesson for players seeking El Dorado when they could have been a lifetime Palace hero.
Zero interest in him now.
As far as I'm concerned he can rot up there till his days are done.
Glad we got 50m for him and hope we got a big sell on clause for him as well.