US Trade Wars
I can't help thinking that this is all a ploy to make some dosh.  Trump pre-advises that he's going to announce a trade war with xxx.  Today the EU.  And then global stock markets crash.  Then a few days later there is a miraculous deal and they bounce back!
Trade or economic wars are the first step to real wars imo. What strange times we live in.
(02-10-2019, 22:14 PM)The Groover Wrote: I can't help thinking that this is all a ploy to make some dosh.  Trump pre-advises that he's going to announce a trade war with xxx.  Today the EU.  And then global stock markets crash.  Then a few days later there is a miraculous deal and they bounce back!
I've always said you are the brightest comrade.  Even coming from Essex.  I reckon you are spot on.  He's threatened war with North Korea and Iran as well, made the markets all jittery, then changed his mind with some flimsy excuse a couple of days later.
(02-10-2019, 23:08 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: I've always said you are the brightest comrade.  Even coming from Essex.  I reckon you are spot on.  He's threatened war with North Korea and Iran as well, made the markets all jittery, then changed his mind with some flimsy excuse a couple of days later.
^^^^
Agree
There's a surprise.  Dow Jones regains 1/2 Wednesday's loses...…………   Dodgy
(04-10-2019, 23:25 PM)The Groover Wrote: There's a surprise.  Dow Jones regains 1/2 Wednesday's loses...…………   Dodgy
They keep trying to get him out by making stories up about him and Russia, surely they would be better off tying him to insider dealing with someone.  He's essentially a businessman first isn't he.  He can pretty much create these events with a couple of tweets.