Transfer Deadline
With just a few days left and no sign of a new full back or backs. Or another forward what are we doing???

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk
(28-01-2020, 10:33 AM)Holmesdale Monkey Nuts Wrote: With just a few days left and no sign of a new full back or backs. Or another forward what are we doing???

Its the same every window isn't it.  To be fair a lot of it is probably the agent trying to start bidding wars to get as much money for him and the player as possible.  I'd scrap transfer windows, it would take a lot of their power away.
I think anything will now go to the wire as we have no game until 1 Feb.

Everyone is waiting for their targets to come in before letting anyone go.  Same every year.
PVA on way out to PSV if we can get a replacement
Not everyone who voted Brexit is racist. Fact. 
It is likely that racists probably voted for Brexit.
Anyone involved in grooming gangs, regardless of religion, is a c*nt who should be chemically castrated.
Hope that clarifies things.
(28-01-2020, 10:58 AM)elgin eagle Wrote: Its the same every window isn't it.  To be fair a lot of it is probably the agent trying to start bidding wars to get as much money for him and the player as possible.  I'd scrap transfer windows, it would take a lot of their power away.
Just once would it not be possible to do all our business before the deadline instead of trying to get players on the last few hours and risk not having the time to get all the paperwork done.

(28-01-2020, 11:57 AM)Holmesdale Monkey Nuts Wrote: Just once would it not be possible to do all our business before the deadline instead of trying to get players on the last few hours and risk not having the time to get all the paperwork done.

That is the nature of negotiations, unfortunately. 

If we can get a left and right back plus another striker for not much money then it will be job done.
We probably need another eight points to stay up and looking at our fixtures that might be about what we will get with our current squad.
Add a few more goals to the mix and we will be comfortable.
Goodbye European Union. Goodbye Jeremy.
(28-01-2020, 12:44 PM)Talons Wrote: That is the nature of negotiations, unfortunately. 

If we can get a left and right back plus another striker for not much money then it will be job done.
We probably need another eight points to stay up and looking at our fixtures that might be about what we will get with our current squad.
Add a few more goals to the mix and we will be comfortable.
True. There are more depressing realities than that, aren't there.  If we could get the squad to a position where we have say, 18 good pros and 7 talented youngsters I think we would be better equipped to survive the Wilf exodus next season.  We have signed one hopefully with Banks.  It's a start.  I heard Tosun was injured, good to see him integrating into the squad so easily.
(28-01-2020, 13:47 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: True. There are more depressing realities than that, aren't there.  If we could get the squad to a position where we have say, 18 good pros and 7 talented youngsters I think we would be better equipped to survive the Wilf exodus next season.  We have signed one hopefully with Banks.  It's a start.  I heard Tosun was injured, good to see him integrating into the squad so easily.
I'm not certain Wilf will go next season. We still hold the cards with his long contract and I expect Parish will hold out for top dollar knowing that most likely, no one will pay it.
I hope that is the case.
(28-01-2020, 16:03 PM)Talons Wrote: I'm not certain Wilf will go next season. We still hold the cards with his long contract and I expect Parish will hold out for top dollar knowing that most likely, no one will pay it.
I hope that is the case.
I can't see it.  I know what you are saying but we saw in the summer how much he wants away.  I'm pretty sure his new super agent will get him a big move.
This thread has certainly caught fire  Big Grin
(29-01-2020, 11:34 AM)Lombardo\s Hair Wrote: This thread has certainly caught fire  Big Grin
Smile

Probably what we need to do to Sainsburys.  I think i would be more excited about a suprastadio getting built at Selhurst than these interminable transfer windows that rarely deliver.
(29-01-2020, 11:34 AM)Lombardo's Hair Wrote: This thread has certainly caught fire  Big Grin
More chance of you waking up with a thick set of hair, then Palace actually buying any new players.

(29-01-2020, 13:56 PM)Holmesdale Monkey Nuts Wrote: More chance of you waking up with a thick set of hair, then Palace actually buying any new players.

How do you know I haven't?
Jarrod Bowen is in talks according to SKY.
He looks good at Championship level but who knows. So did Patrick Bamford.
(29-01-2020, 15:11 PM)Lombardo's Hair Wrote: How do you know I haven't?
I was just joking

(31-01-2020, 09:07 AM)Holmesdale Monkey Nuts Wrote: I was just joking

I know....you however were correct. Sadly.
(30-01-2020, 15:29 PM)Talons Wrote: Jarrod Bowen is in talks according to SKY.
He looks good at Championship level but who knows. So did Patrick Bamford.
In talks with spam.
Wickham going to Wednesday.  Have we got a surprise coming?
Hope we are getting paid for doing Spams scouting ??
That’s Immigration sorted. It didn’t take long.
You wanted it.
You voted for it.
This government gets it done.
(31-01-2020, 09:20 AM)Lombardo\s Hair Wrote: Wickham going to Wednesday.  Have we got a surprise coming?
Yeah.  Benteke going to Villa Big Grin

I think the previous 5 windows have left me feeling pretty underwhelmed about today.  Lets hope for some sort of incoming miracle.