This Is Great
Just discovered this site (Thanks Glazier).

I like what I see so far. It seems like a sort of BBS naughty corner where all the funny and interesting people hide. Big Grin

I haven't been posting on the BBS for a couple of months until today. Despite my best efforts at winding up the usual boorish BBS clique, none of them would really bite. It was like the stuffing had been knocked out of them or something. A couple of months ago they wear tearing into people like a pack of wolves, now they seem sort of insipid and defeated. Is it a coincidence? Has the formation of Palace Comrades got them running scared?
(03-06-2019, 21:16 PM)Raggy Wrote: Just discovered this site (Thanks Glazier).

I like what I see so far. It seems like a sort of BBS naughty corner where all the funny and interesting people hide. Big Grin

I haven't been posting on the BBS for a couple of months until today. Despite my best efforts at winding up the usual boorish BBS clique, none of them would really bite. It was like the stuffing had been knocked out of them or something. A couple of months ago they wear tearing into people like a pack of wolves, now they seem sort of insipid and defeated. Is it a coincidence? Has the formation of Palace Comrades got them running scared?

They are running out of people to bully.  Gets a bit boring when all you have to talk to are more yes men.
Welcome Raggy.  It's important that everyone has a voice and doesn't have that voice silenced by fuckwits who think they are somehow better than you.  I hope we can get a popular, good, fair discussion site going in time, with plenty of laughs.  We have time anyway.  Personally I was never going to give the bbs grovelling apologies for them banning me which they would probably have ignored anyway. Fuck that for a game of soldiers.

I hope everyone on here can be comfortable with posting whatever they feel.  There are no judges here.  Well actually thats not strictly true but he is as entitled to his opinion as anyone else.  I love reading different opinions, who the fuck wants an echo chamber for a discussion site anyway.

No worries - pretty serendipitous that I saw you posting in politics just as you make a return to the BBS, I don't really post or go there. Just happened to be idly browsing there today.

Welcome Winner Smile 

(Couldn't resist sorry)

Interested to hear your conspiracy theory opinions Raggy.  I doubt we have them running scared but at least the squirrel didn't eat the acorn, if you get my meaning.
I went away for a few months to sort out new house in Dorset and everything changed. Anyway last night finished the sideboard assembly and it's done I can get back to be insulted by Elgin .....
(08-06-2019, 07:32 AM)Not N Herts Wrote: I went away for a few months to sort out new house in Dorset and everything changed. Anyway last night finished the sideboard assembly and it's done I can get back to be insulted by Elgin .....

Big Grin

Your never ending sentences are always welcome here sir  Wink Glad the move went ok.  Surely it's going to be too warm in Dorset for making snow sculptures of horses though, no?  I'm not sure you've thought this move through properly.
(08-06-2019, 11:20 AM)elgin eagle Wrote: Big Grin

Your never ending sentences are always welcome here sir  Wink Glad the move went ok.  Surely it's going to be too warm in Dorset for making snow sculptures of horses though, no?  I'm not sure you've thought this move through properly.

You think I had a say.....She who must be obeyed comes from here. Seeing since she and I got together she as followed me uphill down dale. It was her time to come home after a year of her having health issues when the daughters left Lincoln we decided it was time to move. I made one stipulation it had to be a place that needed no work was ready to move in sit back relax. As per normal she appears to suffer from selective hearing. New Kitchen En Suite decoration of every room except the hall. Outside needed painting guttering.  Garden .....  New Doors Front Back every door needed new  handles and cutting to get over new carpet. Oh new lights....  It was the biggest of revamps we have done.... 
Having said all that she has helped and sitting back last night I do feel we have accomplished something. It's slower tougher now days but providing I paced it no issues. 
Now we have the rest of the Summer living on the edge of New Forest about twenty minutes from beach. I have enough brownie points to last till next year month....Hmmm week. I did have some help I will add
Sounds like a very lovely place Not N Herts.

Well done
(08-06-2019, 21:51 PM)Not N Herts Wrote: You think I had a say.....She who must be obeyed comes from here. Seeing since she and I got together she as followed me uphill down dale. It was her time to come home after a year of her having health issues when the daughters left Lincoln we decided it was time to move. I made one stipulation it had to be a place that needed no work was ready to move in sit back relax. As per normal she appears to suffer from selective hearing. New Kitchen En Suite decoration of every room except the hall. Outside needed painting guttering.  Garden .....  New Doors Front Back every door needed new  handles and cutting to get over new carpet. Oh new lights....  It was the biggest of revamps we have done.... 
Having said all that she has helped and sitting back last night I do feel we have accomplished something. It's slower tougher now days but providing I paced it no issues. 
Now we have the rest of the Summer living on the edge of New Forest about twenty minutes from beach. I have enough brownie points to last till next year month....Hmmm week. I did have some help I will add

I'm in the same boat.  Garden (cut down and removed the stumps of 25 leylandii, re grassed), pond built from scratch in 3 weeks, conservatory turned into Orangery, new and revamped bathroom.  Extended bedroom (into part of the bathroom which was huge) , bifold doors fitted, every room decorated.  Tiled floor in kitchen (on wood floor) with under floor heating.  Downstairs Toilet floor tiled, utility room tiled. New blinds, curtains. Loads of plastering done and more to do. It's never ending!!!!   

My favourite bit is the pond as I can sit by it and relax with a beer watching my koi feed.  lol.
(08-06-2019, 21:51 PM)Not N Herts Wrote: You think I had a say.....She who must be obeyed comes from here. Seeing since she and I got together she as followed me uphill down dale. It was her time to come home after a year of her having health issues when the daughters left Lincoln we decided it was time to move. I made one stipulation it had to be a place that needed no work was ready to move in sit back relax. As per normal she appears to suffer from selective hearing. New Kitchen En Suite decoration of every room except the hall. Outside needed painting guttering.  Garden .....  New Doors Front Back every door needed new  handles and cutting to get over new carpet. Oh new lights....  It was the biggest of revamps we have done.... 

Well done mate and you too Groover.  Post some pics up in the diy section.  Sounds like you both done some serious renovating Smile im still struggling to get my shed base level.  Last night the Spice Girls played at Murrayfield, I haven't had such a busy train since the Edinburgh festival last year.  Getting home at 2am and up at 8am doesnt put you in the mood for digging I've discovered.  We have a new build but I think all places need work after a year or two anyway.  I found people from the east midlands to be some of the most friendly I have ever met.  Not really sure about Dorset, never been down there apart from to Bournemouth.
(08-06-2019, 21:51 PM)Not N Herts Wrote: Now we have the rest of the Summer living on the edge of New Forest about twenty minutes from beach. I have enough brownie points to last till next year month....Hmmm week. I did have some help I will add

Where about are you? Sounds like you’re not that far from me. 

And Elgin, Dorset is lovely apart from Bournemouth..  Big Grin
Big Grin it was my only point of reference Blind.  Nobody is discriminated or excluded here.  Even if they live in Bournemouth Wink If you two do a car share up to Selhurst next season that's one meeting I would love to make.  I can get you tickets with my ST too if you want me to.
Dorset is lovely, especially Poole and the surrounding areas. B'Mouth is okish.....

Anyway.......what was the question again Smile
(09-06-2019, 10:34 AM)Razorsedge Wrote: Dorset is lovely, especially Poole and the surrounding areas. B'Mouth is okish.....

Anyway.......what was the question again Smile

Smile

What's Christchurch like?
(09-06-2019, 09:56 AM)Blind_Eagle Wrote: Where about are you? Sounds like you’re not that far from me. 

And Elgin, Dorset is lovely apart from Bournemouth..  Big Grin
Verwood if you know it.... just far enough not to be taxi service for kids or grandkids..... 
Must admit it's lovely area and the dog walk is great across a common or along a riverbank.

(09-06-2019, 10:14 AM)elgin eagle Wrote: Big Grin it was my only point of reference Blind.  Nobody is discriminated or excluded here.  Even if they live in Bournemouth Wink If you two do a car share up to Selhurst next season that's one meeting I would love to make.  I can get you tickets with my ST too if you want me to.

May well take you up on that it's on the plan as my son just got him and my grandson their first season tickets.
Sort a game out with Blind and let me know mate.  Happy to help if I can.
(09-06-2019, 10:59 AM)elgin eagle Wrote: Smile

What's Christchurch like?

Christchurch is fantastic, I do find South Island more beautiful than North Island, and I have been all the way down to Invercargill

Smile

You have been managing to wind them up just lately.
Angel