The bodge
(27-04-2019, 08:50 AM)elgin eagle Wrote:
(26-04-2019, 17:48 PM)TheJudgelives Wrote:
(26-04-2019, 16:07 PM)expat eagle Wrote:
(26-04-2019, 15:10 PM)TheJudgelives Wrote: The timescale must play a big part in decision making. The club needs better stadium revenue now and the ability to attract players.
With the proposed main stand-alone looking like it will not be with us for at least another 3 seasons, it would just take too long to build a new stadium elsewhere when you consider all the inevitable hold ups.
I would love someone to tell me that a site could be acquired and a new stadium built within say 5 years but is that really likely? The current site could easily hold 40K in the mean time and for a fraction of what the Spurs stadium cost.

I can agree with you unless a site could be bought ready to go even then it will be 3+ years.

With the current site I think the trick would have been to rotate the pitch 90 degrees and lower it by 2 or 3 metres. This could have been done over 2 or 3 seasons with the ground still open.

They could build a new Old Stand behind then in close season knock the old one down and rotate the pitch. The next phase would see the Holmesdale and Sainsbury's would need to be extended, the Arthur wait shortened.

The only problem is the access to the car park in the Old Stand/Sainsbury's corner but the stand could hang over it or the road go under it. Then eventually the Arthur could be rebuilt with more room.

I'm in favour of any scheme that gives us a proper stadium.  I still beleive that the ground could be redeveloped as it is just by increasing the size of the WHL and a building stand similar to the new main stand minus offices and other club facilities.  Old Ron managed to get the Holmesdale built right across the road from housing so why not?

With the bodge seeming to be stalled I'm hoping SP is looking an alternate ways to expand.  Surely they could build them a cheap multistorey in the car park with a new store on top in return for the land.  Then there would be plenty of room to expand the ground.  The Sainsburys issue will have to be faced at some point anyway if we continue to grow back as a club.  Even without the land that the maisonettes sit on its still a huge area that was sold in 1980 or whenever it was.

The Sainsburys bit is sometimes called a ransom strip, they aren't going to give it up. The only way forward with that is if the council force a CPO on them. How the value is decided I have no idea.
Angel 
What about if it burnt down?  Surely they wouldn't rebuild it again to be petty.  Crashing a plane into it would take some really skilled kamikaze piloting, unless you started from really high up in order to clear the bus shelter-esque roof of the holmesdale, and bailed out just as you went over the terraced houses.  Once all the debris was cleared away you could have a beautiful stand behind that goal.  It would be the stuff of dreams.  A nice touch would be to name the stand after the pilot if he didn't make it.
Could be a good time to tear the three stands down and build the suprastadio?  Fuck planning permission.
(13-03-2020, 10:27 AM)elgin eagle Wrote: Could be a good time to tear the three stands down and build the suprastadio?  Fuck planning permission.
Exactly. Just build the c*nt and whack in planning retrospectively if they twig it.
(13-03-2020, 11:46 AM)ChrisGC Wrote: Exactly. Just build the c*nt and whack in planning retrospectively if they twig it.
Big Grin

I think they might but hopefully they will be focussing on survival rather than our acoustic masterpiece Smile
(14-03-2020, 16:08 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: Big Grin

I think they might but hopefully they will be focussing on survival rather than our acoustic masterpiece Smile
Acoustic? Autistic more like!
(15-03-2020, 17:12 PM)ChrisGC Wrote: Acoustic? Autistic more like!

Tourettes Park usually after 85 minutes Smile

Seriously though, why not flatten the 3 fucked stands now and get all the shit taken away?  Any games we are likely to play for the foreseeable will be behind closed doors anyway, so it won't make any difference.

Get suprastadio done I say.
(08-05-2019, 08:06 AM)BoozeCruz Wrote: The Sainsburys bit is sometimes called a ransom strip, they aren't going to give it up. The only way forward with that is if the council force a CPO on them. How the value is decided I have no idea.

The standard rate for a ransom strip is to receive 1/3 of the profit. That applies even if the ransom strip is one inch wide, or 100 meters wide.

However, some landowners/developers play hardball and insist on 50%.

Not sure how it would be calculated for a football stand. Perhaps 1/3 of gate receipts for 20 years? or something like that.

The Council will not CPO for something like this, it is not sufficiently in the public interest. CPO is along, difficult, legalistic and expensive process. Councils only use it for high value infrastructure projects in the public interest, usually national interest.
Ballot spoilers of the world unite.
(27-03-2020, 09:29 AM)Raggy Wrote: The standard rate for a ransom strip is to receive 1/3 of the profit. That applies even if the ransom strip is one inch wide, or 100 meters wide.

Not sure how it would be calculated for a football stand. Perhaps 1/3 of gate receipts for 20 years? or something like that.

The Council will not CPO for something like this, it is not sufficiently in the public interest. CPO is along, difficult, legalistic and expensive process. Councils only use it for high value infrastructure projects in the public interest, usually national interest.
I think they seriously need to think about it. The economy of the area will benefit from the new stand.
Goodbye European Union. Goodbye Jeremy. Goodbye Nick. Jerk-It
(27-03-2020, 09:29 AM)Raggy Wrote: The standard rate for a ransom strip is to receive 1/3 of the profit. That applies even if the ransom strip is one inch wide, or 100 meters wide.

Hopefully they look at better designs and architects now, which offer better acoustics without requiring the ransom strip piece.  Could be a win win all round: https://www.foxsports.it/2016/06/03/supr...-germania/