The Railway Thread
Lets have a thread about trains.

Last night I took over a train that appeared to have effluent travelling from the toilet through the train somehow when on a downhill gradient.  I know shit travels downhill but it was a first to have it nearly in the cab with me.  I did wonder if it should or could have failed it due to it being a distraction or health hazard.  Weirdly enough it was fine going in the other direction.  Apologies to anyone sitting down to breakfast.
A mate of mine wanted to know, if a train is travelling at speed of light and you were running on top of that train and you reach the forward most point in engine and if you jump, would you then be considered faster than speed of light in that tiny infitimisally small nano second????

I have heard of shit rolling downhill, but that is a first Smile
(10-07-2019, 14:20 PM)Razorsedge Wrote: A mate of mine wanted to know, if a train is travelling at speed of light and you were running on top of that train and you reach the forward most point in engine and if you jump, would you then be considered faster than speed of light in that tiny infitimisally small nano second????

I have heard of shit rolling downhill, but that is a first Smile
Big Grin

Fuck knows mate Smile  How would you reach the front? Smile
(10-07-2019, 15:05 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: Big Grin

Fuck knows mate Smile  How would you reach the front? Smile
Runing on the top of the train carriages....(well this is a a theory and we have to assume one can run on the top of the train)
I had a drunk lady on my train piss herself as I was talking to her Saturday night. 5 mins later she chundered all down herself. Paramedics had to be called.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(10-07-2019, 18:01 PM)Razorsedge Wrote: Runing on the top of the train carriages....(well this is a a theory and we have to assume one can run on the top of the train)
Yeah but it's going at the speed of light innit.  He'll get blown off as sure as eggs are eggs Smile
(10-07-2019, 18:07 PM)mushroom Wrote: I had a drunk lady on my train piss herself as I was talking to her Saturday night. 5 mins later she chundered all down herself. Paramedics had to be called.

It's amazing the states people get into.  I do a lot of lates and the weekends are insane.  Like Shaun of the dead or something.

At least they aren't driving though Smile

Had the worst 125 yet earlier, was going to take a picture of it.  This is the age of the train.
Don't take any pics and post it, best to leave it to the imagination of the readers Smile your job is safer that way

I was in Exmouth once as a walking freight and two lads were talking loud and this man gets up and asks them to be quite, the lads give him the lip and the man stands firm, a lot of posturing but nothing happens, the kids eventually go quite but the sniggering continues. I said to me wifey, if this was London, that man would have been stabbed I wouldn't go up and tell some kids off.......

Anyway off to more stories

elgin eagle Wrote:Yeah but it's going at the speed of light innit.  He'll get blown off as sure as eggs are eggs Smile

But would would he be able for one nano second to be faster than speed of light???? Before he becomes an Omletter? 

I said said no as when he jumps the train would be gone
(10-07-2019, 20:06 PM)Razorsedge Wrote: Don't take any pics and post it, best to leave it to the imagination of the readers Smile your job is safer that way

I was in Exmouth once as a walking freight and two lads were talking loud and this man gets up and asks them to be quite, the lads give him the lip and the man stands firm, a lot of posturing but nothing happens, the kids eventually go quite but the sniggering continues. I said to me wifey, if this was London, that man would have been stabbed I wouldn't go up and tell some kids off.......

Anyway off to more stories

But would would he be able for one nano second to be faster than speed of light???? Before he becomes an Omletter? 

I said said no as when he jumps the train would be gone
There's loads of pictures going about, I'll try and find one of it.

A lot of them are off their faces on stuff, you don't know how they will react.
(10-07-2019, 23:10 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: There's loads of pictures going about, I'll try and find one of it.

A lot of them are off their faces on stuff, you don't know how they will react.

Smile 

I do watch youtube as people do post some funny videos
Rail worker killed by train was fatigued and on zero-hours contract

https://www.theguardian.com/business/201..._clipboard

Poor bugger.
I know the driver. Awful situation. You can’t do safety on the cheap.

(11-07-2019, 14:09 PM)mushroom Wrote: I know the driver. Awful situation. You can’t do safety on the cheap.

But many people work in situations where it is on the cheap.

Anyway, I'm going to think about the time the fat controller ordered that James be bricked up in a tunnel because he wouldn't go out in the rain to cheer me up.
Cant do Safety on the cheap is spot on
I don't know the answer to this and I am just interested. The 2 rail workers who were killed in Port Talbot were wearing ear protectors. How should they have been alerted to the approaching train?
(12-07-2019, 15:26 PM)DaiLaffing Wrote: I don't know the answer to this and I am just interested. The 2 rail workers who were killed in Port Talbot were wearing ear protectors. How should they have been alerted to the approaching train?

Lights saying track is live?
(12-07-2019, 15:26 PM)DaiLaffing Wrote: I don't know the answer to this and I am just interested. The 2 rail workers who were killed in Port Talbot were wearing ear protectors. How should they have been alerted to the approaching train?
The driver can only blow his horn really John.  Either he was in the wrong place, or the rail workers were.  Late one night I came round a curve doing 85mph. It was 1am and drizzling.  The pway had taken possession of the line, but clamped their stop boards before the junction instead of after it.  I was routed that way because of other engineering work, and only just managed to stop before the boards.  Had anyone been working there I could easily have wiped them out.  It just shows how easily deadly accidents can happen.  On the plus side I claimed flashbacks from an earlier fatality and milked it for 10 days off.  It was their fault for turning more hair grey.
My son, when he was a toddler, threw a tantrum when I told him that Police Trains weren't a thing.
(12-07-2019, 16:49 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: The driver can only blow his horn really John.  Either he was in the wrong place, or the rail workers were.  Late one night I came round a curve doing 85mph. It was 1am and drizzling.  The pway had taken possession of the line, but clamped their stop boards before the junction instead of after it.  I was routed that way because of other engineering work, and only just managed to stop before the boards.  Had anyone been working there I could easily have wiped them out.  It just shows how easily deadly accidents can happen.  On the plus side I claimed flashbacks from an earlier fatality and milked it for 10 days off.  It was their fault for turning more hair grey.
Cheers Paul. I always thought they had blokes with a flag along the line..doh! I wonder if it might be an idea to have a lookout with a type of machine that could give a slight electric shock via a wrist band to the workers wearing the ear protectors to let them know a train is on the way?
(13-07-2019, 12:31 PM)DaiLaffing Wrote: Cheers Paul. I always thought they had blokes with a flag along the line..doh! I wonder if it might be an idea to have a lookout with a type of machine that could give a slight electric shock via a wrist band to the workers wearing the ear protectors to let them know a train is on the way?

Yeah they do use lookouts with a blue and white checked flag sometimes.  Like the idea of giving them a slight electric shock.  Am sure that they could find a way to wire it up to the overheads though Smile