The Principle Of The Thing
What situations have you got yourself into that spiralled out of all control and became about 'the principle of the thing' Smile

Things like getting banned from a bulletin board then setting up your own bulletin board.

This comes to mind Big Grin

We used to live in a semi with street parking only,   the bit in front of the houses was big enough for 3 cars, but my next door neighbour only had 1 car being single, while we had 2.  He used to park outside as was his right, but he would park right up to the join of the houses, so we could only get one car in.  The other one used to have to go right down the street.  If one of us got home first and he was out, we would park in the middle so all 3 cars would fit easily.  Occasionally someone else would park behind us and he used to fecking hate that.  

Disputes with a neighbour/council/ex wife etc usually involve 'the principle of the thing' don't they.
A very good question.....most of the people who voted for brexit know it is wrong but are refusing to change their mind because thye voted to leave....it is a principle.....it is suicide but yeah....it is a principle.......

Smile

I can be pig headed at times too, thought I would throw that in....
(28-06-2019, 08:47 AM)Razorsedge Wrote: A very good question.....most of the people who voted for brexit know it is wrong but are refusing to change their mind because thye voted to leave....it is a principle.....it is suicide but yeah....it is a principle.......

Smile

I can be pig headed at times too, thought I would throw that in....

Err  ..... People campaigning for a People's Vote so they can get their own way, even they must realise it basically brings an end to democracy.
(28-06-2019, 11:48 AM)Raggy Wrote: Err  ..... People campaigning for a People's Vote so they can get their own way, even they must realise it basically brings an end to democracy.

The Brexit Hero Farage did say that he was all ready for a people's vote as he was sure they would loose......so in essence it did not matter who won, there would have been a people's vote campaign Smile
There should be a People's Vote on the final deal but remain should not be on the ballot paper!
You are entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.
(28-06-2019, 19:27 PM)Swedish Expat Eagle Wrote: There should be a People's Vote on the final deal but remain should not be on the ballot paper!

I see where you coming from, as the initial referendum was to stay or leave....however if the options are deal or no deal....then we need a third option as remain...
(28-06-2019, 19:49 PM)Razorsedge Wrote: I see where you coming from, as the initial referendum was to stay or leave....however if the options are deal or no deal....then we need a third option as remain...

No we don't. We voted to leave so the only decision left is how we do it. So remain should not be on the paper.

All this rubbish about the 48% should be catered for. Let me ask you this, had it been 52% to remain how would the 48% have been catered for in that situation?

The answer is we wouldn't and neither should remain now.  Once we leave we can discuss joining if that is the decision.
(28-06-2019, 21:21 PM)Swedish Expat Eagle Wrote: No we don't. We voted to leave so the only decision left is how we do it. So remain should not be on the paper.

All this rubbish about the 48% should be catered for. Let me ask you this, had it been 52% to remain how would the 48% have been catered for in that situation?

The answer is we wouldn't and neither should remain now.  Once we leave we can discuss joining if that is the decision.

This video explains your point very well Smile 

Hmm I must admit I was hoping for more juicy stories about violence and stress with ex wives rather than bloody Brexit Smile
(28-06-2019, 21:48 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: Hmm I must admit I was hoping for more juicy stories about violence and stress with ex wives rather than bloody Brexit Smile

Sorry, my bad I used a bad analogy
(28-06-2019, 21:52 PM)Razorsedge Wrote: Sorry, my bad I used a bad analogy
I dunno, its definitely the principle of the thing now to a lot of people who previously wouldn't have given a shit about it Smile

I was thinking more about office disagreements over petty things like the hole punch or tea cups that get out of control and then people end up building barricades so they don't have to look at the other person.
elgin eagle Wrote:I dunno, its definitely the principle of the thing now to a lot of people who previously wouldn't have given a shit about it Smile

I was thinking more about office disagreements over petty things like the hole punch or tea cups that get out of control and then people end up building barricades so they don't have to look at the other person.

That was my point about Brezit, not whether it is right or wrong. Both leave and remain are so pig headed and refusing to compromise and it has become a principle of thing.

i worked as a temp in office many moons ago and there was this chap who used to eat his biscuits in the loo and used to lock them away in his drawers. Sad git
(29-06-2019, 08:53 AM)Razorsedge Wrote: That was my point about Brezit, not whether it is right or wrong. Both leave and remain are so pig headed and refusing to compromise and it has become a principle of thing.

i worked as a temp in office many moons ago and there was this chap who used to eat his biscuits in the loo and used to lock them away in his drawers. Sad git
Haha yeah that sort of thing Smile  i'm sure we all know someone who fucks off to the loo when it's their round.
(29-06-2019, 09:13 AM)elgin eagle Wrote: Haha yeah that sort of thing Smile  i'm sure we all know someone who fucks off to the loo when it's their round.

One of the negatives about Sweden is they always buy their own drinks when at the pub. It simply isn't in their culture to buy a round. They think it is fairer to buy your own and you have no pressure to drink quicker.
Swedish Expat Eagle Wrote:One of the negatives about Sweden is they always buy their own drinks when at the pub. It simply isn't in their culture to buy a round. They think it is fairer to buy your own and you have no pressure to drink quicker.

With the prices in Stockholm you would need a second mortgage to buy a round!!! Big Grin

Took the wife for a few days visit to see Paul Simon at the erricsson globe.
(29-06-2019, 13:42 PM)The Groover Wrote: With the prices in Stockholm you would need a second mortgage to buy a round!!! Big Grin

No 'chug chug chug' in Sweden then.

More like 'tug tug tug' slow down Smile
(29-06-2019, 13:42 PM)The Groover Wrote: With the prices in Stockholm you would need a second mortgage to buy a round!!! Big Grin

Yup, and with the Euro almost a pound now, suddenly blighty is looking cheaper Smile

I don't know where you drank but if you compare London to Stockholm they are about equal. I can get a large beer for 45kr, about £3.90. How much is a pint in central London? £5? Smile

Globen like any other venue will be dear. In Copenhagen last year when I went to see Roger Waters it was about £10 for a beer. Swedish beer is cheaper by about 50% than a Budweiser, for example.

Sweden is more about prohibiting drinking. For example there is only one place you can buy alcohol outside of a pub/restaurant, which is the state run off licence. It is open between 10.00 and 18.00. Only to 16.00 on Saturdays. When I moved here it was closed on Saturdays.

Exchange rate will effect things too. When I moved here there was almost 17kr to the pound. About 4 years ago it dropped to 9.80. I think it is around 11 today.
(29-06-2019, 21:15 PM)Swedish Expat Eagle Wrote: I don't know where you drank but if you compare London to Stockholm they are about equal. I can get a large beer for 45kr, about £3.90. How much is a pint in central London? £5? Smile

A pint of coke is over 3.90 in Central London....