The Close Season
I hate it.  What are you going to do to stop yourself going insane for the next 3 months with no football?
(14-05-2019, 14:17 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: I hate it.  What are you going to do to stop yourself going insane for the next 3 months with no football?

Cricket, tennis  and formula 1 should just about stop me from cracking . Haven't we got a  ladies  football tournament coming up soon too ?
I may watch the women's football currently it is all the rage
(14-05-2019, 16:54 PM)roasthimvinnie Wrote:
(14-05-2019, 14:17 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: I hate it.  What are you going to do to stop yourself going insane for the next 3 months with no football?

Cricket, tennis  and formula 1 should just about stop me from cracking . Haven't we got a  ladies  football tournament coming up soon too ?

It's always worse in the years when there isn't a world cup or euros.  I have to talk to the wife and everything.  Think I might do loads of overtime and accrue lots of lieu days for next season.  Will probably play golf and build the man cave in the rest of the time.  I get that footballers need a break but it's a bit selfish if you ask me.  Train drivers have to stagger their annual leave throughout the year so the trains still run.  Perhaps the same thing should be introduced for footballers.  Selfish gits.
I have football. The Swedish leagues are on in the summer.
My Palace blog and podcast can be found at South London and Proud.
(14-05-2019, 20:30 PM)The Expat Eagle Wrote: I have football. The Swedish leagues are on in the summer.

Come on Helsingborgs
(14-05-2019, 20:30 PM)The Expat Eagle Wrote: I have football. The Swedish leagues are on in the summer.

Sod......you had to rub that in....Smile
(15-05-2019, 20:58 PM)Razorsedge Wrote:

Sod......you had to rub that in....Smile

They played tonight against AIK Stockholm. The season ends in October. Smile
My Palace blog and podcast can be found at South London and Proud.
Meh....well cricket is on and a World Cup too, so I will be happy, next year the euro and Olympics
Don't forget the African Nations cup. Wilf plus a few others. Watching it for a bit of footie but mainly praying that none of our players get injured.
(16-05-2019, 09:55 AM)jjeagle Wrote: Don't forget the African Nations cup. Wilf plus a few others. Watching it for a bit of footie but mainly praying that none of our players get injured.

Ah good yeah, forgotten about that.  The standard seems little better than park football whenever I watch a game of it though.  Maybe I'm just unlucky.  It should be good really, some really good players are of African descent aren't they.  Wilf obviously being the best.
I will continue with golf 3x a week, and get back to footy 3x a week now my knee is ok again, now its warmer it time for Carp fishing again.

I'm not one for watching much sport but have tickets for the Challenge cup final which I recommend, there's always tickets as the stadium never fills up. Its also time for walking around NT properties and generally going down the coast etc even setting fire to beefburgers in the garden. Loads more to do in the summer than winter.
Angel 
Palace detox for me - too much transfer bed wetting and ITK crap

I’m off to Vancouver next week and will fit in a MLS game - shame Mutch has has moved on - I was looking forward to booing him
Women's World Cup is on next month I may watch it, as long as it does not clash with cricket World Cup arms Ashes
(18-05-2019, 09:16 AM)Langers Wrote: Palace detox for me - too much transfer bed wetting and ITK crap

I’m off to Vancouver next week and will fit in a MLS game - shame Mutch  has has moved on - I was looking forward to booing him

Smile

Where's he been moved onto that's worse than Canada?
Bit dead innit. I think we should arrange some sort of fight club with HOL and BBS.

Will have to think of some decent threads to add to stimulate debate during this period of boredom.
It was always ridiculous that the Pools went over to Australian results or something like that when I was a kid.
(19-05-2019, 22:50 PM)in-exile Wrote: It was always ridiculous that the Pools went over to Australian results or something like that when I was a kid.

It was just pure guesswork wasn't it.
I watched Scottish football today. That's a first.
I started a batch of home made gin last week,  nursing that to completion will keep me busy, and sufficiently numb to ease the passage to august . Big Grin