That 9-0 Game.
I didnt think we would win that night, a plucky draw maybe at best , but i certainly wasnt ready for that when i turned over for the news at ten .  My sister was dating a scouser at the time and she said he wanted to phone me the result , but she stopped him from doing it . Needless to say the next day there was banter at work, and a couple of short phone calls with said scouser. It took me months to live that down . How was everyone elses post match ?
I didn't go, but I was at Villa Park later in the season for the SF.

The 0-9 defeat just made the 4-3 win all the sweeter.
Woke up on the Monday morning here in Oz and the back page of the paper was 9-0.
Woke up on the Monday morning here in Oz and the back page of the paper was 4-3.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Fuck you Liverpool.
I went. I think we were 3 0 down at h/t and I remember saying to my mate that we should kick lumps out of 'em 2nd half to keep it down to 4 or 5.
Quietest special train I'd ever been on on the way home.
I went , could’ve heard a pin drop on the coach all the way back.utter shell shock.
We missed a pen at 6-0 as well.tbh I didn’t think we played terribly.
I was working on Mayday hospital radio at the time doing the odd Palace reports from away games (phoning them back in the first red box I could find outside the ground) and also just chatting about the club in the studio during the week.

I didn’t go to Anfield, but was booked in to broadcast that evening to bring news of the match after the game to the faithful sick listeners.  I listened to it live on Capital Gold totally bewildered, taking my notes, and once it was over had to rush to the studio to relay the news.  I bet the cases of cardiac arrest was unusually high among the patients that evening.
Bubbs11 Wrote:I was working on Mayday hospital radio at the time doing the odd Palace reports from away games (phoning them back in the first red box I could find outside the ground) and also just chatting about the club in the studio during the week.

I didn’t go to Anfield, but was booked in to broadcast that evening to bring news of the match after the game to the faithful sick listeners.  I listened to it live on Capital Gold totally bewildered, taking my notes, and once it was over had to rush to the studio to relay the news.  I bet the cases of cardiac arrest was unusually high among the patients that evening.
 You're not Ivan Brackenbury are you?? Big Grin
(14-07-2019, 08:45 AM)Bones14 Wrote:  You're not Ivan Brackenbury are you?? Big Grin

Big Grin  it was very much like that
I was 9 years old at the time and didn't support a football team. My Dad supports Palace and informs me every time he went on Teletext Liverpool had scored another goal. He became convinced that the TV remote was incrementing the goal tally.

Later in the season I did become a football supporter after watching Palace vs Liverpool in the cup semi on TV. Glory hunting arm chair 9 year old.
I also went and thought we were unlucky not to score 2 or 3 that night and everything Liverpool did ended up in our net . So I was pretty confident for Villa Park and we would score but to win was incredible