That 9-0 Game.
I didnt think we would win that night, a plucky draw maybe at best , but i certainly wasnt ready for that when i turned over for the news at ten .  My sister was dating a scouser at the time and she said he wanted to phone me the result , but she stopped him from doing it . Needless to say the next day there was banter at work, and a couple of short phone calls with said scouser. It took me months to live that down . How was everyone elses post match ?
I didn't go, but I was at Villa Park later in the season for the SF.

The 0-9 defeat just made the 4-3 win all the sweeter.
Woke up on the Monday morning here in Oz and the back page of the paper was 9-0.
Woke up on the Monday morning here in Oz and the back page of the paper was 4-3.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Fuck you Liverpool.
I went. I think we were 3 0 down at h/t and I remember saying to my mate that we should kick lumps out of 'em 2nd half to keep it down to 4 or 5.
Quietest special train I'd ever been on on the way home.
I went , could’ve heard a pin drop on the coach all the way back.utter shell shock.
We missed a pen at 6-0 as well.tbh I didn’t think we played terribly.
I was working on Mayday hospital radio at the time doing the odd Palace reports from away games (phoning them back in the first red box I could find outside the ground) and also just chatting about the club in the studio during the week.

I didn’t go to Anfield, but was booked in to broadcast that evening to bring news of the match after the game to the faithful sick listeners.  I listened to it live on Capital Gold totally bewildered, taking my notes, and once it was over had to rush to the studio to relay the news.  I bet the cases of cardiac arrest was unusually high among the patients that evening.
Bubbs11 Wrote:I was working on Mayday hospital radio at the time doing the odd Palace reports from away games (phoning them back in the first red box I could find outside the ground) and also just chatting about the club in the studio during the week.

I didn’t go to Anfield, but was booked in to broadcast that evening to bring news of the match after the game to the faithful sick listeners.  I listened to it live on Capital Gold totally bewildered, taking my notes, and once it was over had to rush to the studio to relay the news.  I bet the cases of cardiac arrest was unusually high among the patients that evening.
 You're not Ivan Brackenbury are you?? Big Grin