Term Time Restrictions
Career politicians (all across the spectrum) should be limited in the time they are MPs.
Get the c*nts out into the real world that they mould I say, 2 terms max.
(25-11-2019, 18:07 PM)Richard Sole Wrote: Career politicians (all across the spectrum) should be limited in the time they are MPs.
You'd get no Ken Clarke's or Dennis Skinner's then.
2 terms this time would have been about 4 years total.
I agree that real world experience is vital, I'd also say that a cabinet minister needs to have worked in that sector. Gove didn't have a clue about education and he fucked it up. Get an ex head, governor or teacher in the role.
Don't take our country back, take it forwards.
(25-11-2019, 18:07 PM)Richard Sole Wrote: Career politicians (all across the spectrum) should be limited in the time they are MPs.
Would agree with this.  Also regular punters which they replace should replace them in Westminster.  Sort of like trading places with Eddie Murphy.
(25-11-2019, 18:14 PM)Yuri Gagarin Wrote: You'd get no Ken Clarke's or Dennis Skinner's then.
2 terms this time would have been about 4 years total.
I agree that real world experience is vital, I'd also say that a cabinet minister needs to have worked in that sector. Gove didn't have a clue about education and he fucked it up. Get an ex head, governor or teacher in the role.
Labour fucked the education system when they ended the grammar school system. Standards have never recovered and now we have thousands of kids who have English as a second language to make matters worse.

As usual Labour 'equality' means a lowering of standards.
Any minister running education will be ádvised by civil servants, probably the same ones as the previous incumbent.
Don't take us back to the '70s, vote Tory and stop the crazy Marxist from wrecking Britain and stopping Brexit.
There should be no such thing as a career politician.
Directorships after they leave office should be at least scrutinised, incestuous relationships with any big businesses as well.
(25-11-2019, 19:30 PM)Talons Wrote: Labour fucked the education system when they ended the grammar school system. Standards have never recovered and now we have thousands of kids who have English as a second language to make matters worse.

As usual Labour 'equality' means a lowering of standards.
Any minister running education will be ádvised by civil servants, probably the same ones as the previous incumbent.
Zero clue.
Don't take our country back, take it forwards.

They still get full pension immediately Angry
Change that as well then!
I actually think MPs don't get that great a deal at all.

The average salary of Marketing Directors is £93,967. Headteachers can earn up to £84,000. Virgin train drivers can get as much as £69,000. People in the City are earning millions.

MPs get £79,468. They use to get decent expenses but that has been clamped down upon as we know. In return they have to give up their life, spend vast amounts of time in London often far from home and family. They then get threats and abuse and risk being fired every 5 years.

Some probably deserve the abuse they get. But for every obnoxious twat like Anna Soubry, there are people like Dennis Skinner who have dedicated their life to serving their community
Ballot spoilers of the world unite.