Television
Sod all to do with Marquee Moon.

Television has produced more negative consequences for society than positive ones.
Discuss.
The drug of the nation.  It's definitely being used as a mind control drug in this country by the security services.  Mind you I doubt we are the only nation broadcasting propaganda hour after hour either.  I probably only watch a couple of hours of tv a week, tops.  Prefer boxsets and films these days.  Watching 'the news' annoys me too much.  The internet isn't immune to it either though, to be fair.
Documentaries and sport is all I watch here in Oz.
Too much reality bullshit, like I give a fuck what celebrities can dance, or what 15 year old can pull a rabbit out of a hat.
As for the news its all dependant on who owns the network and what alliance or allegiance they have toward the politics or agendas.
Its misery after misery watching the shit that's promoted and aired nowadays.
Reality=cheap shows to run that provide many an add for financial gain and then they set someone out to be a prick when in all honesty, the editing controls who looks good/bad.
News=political bias and is driven by arseholes that don't/rarely look at both sides of the story.
Talkshows=the worst of the worst in terms of opinionated tossers that have zero relevance in my world, but yet shove down my throat how I should think or what I should support. These people are the parasites of journalism as they are so PC mad, that 4 fuckwits on one show can possibly agree on all the topics and pat each other on the back continuously and tell each they are SO Right on every point. c*nts.
(06-08-2019, 12:54 PM)Yuri Gagarin Wrote: Sod all to do with Marquee Moon.

Television has produced more negative consequences for society than positive ones.
Discuss.

Such as?
(06-08-2019, 16:28 PM)Talons Wrote: Such as?
I'd say advertising. Brought about an era of I want, must have that, sell shit that's bad for you
(06-08-2019, 13:44 PM)Bones14 Wrote: Documentaries and sport is all I watch here in Oz.
Too much reality bullshit, like I give a fuck what celebrities can dance, or what 15 year old can pull a rabbit out of a hat.
As for the news its all dependant on who owns the network and what alliance or allegiance they have toward the politics or agendas.
Reality=cheap shows to run that provide many an add for financial gain and then they set someone out to be a prick when in all honesty, the editing controls who looks good/bad.
News=political bias and is driven by arseholes that don't/rarely look at both sides of the story.
Talkshows=the worst of the worst in terms of opinionated tossers that have zero relevance in my world, but yet shove down my throat how I should think or what I should support. These people are the parasites of journalism as they are so PC mad, that 4 fuckwits on one show can possibly agree on all the topics and pat each other on the back continuously and tell each they are SO Right on every point. c*nts.
That's all they show in Australia.  Even the documentaries are about sport.
(06-08-2019, 16:54 PM)Yuri Gagarin Wrote: I'd say advertising. Brought about an era of I want, must have that, sell shit that's bad for you

Don't tell me.
You want us all to return to a pre industrial age where the most fun you had was arguing about who had the biggest potato.

Don't worry. Our living standards will plummet in the West thanks to globalisation.

I'm sure you would be happy if we were all equally poor.
(06-08-2019, 13:27 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: The drug of the nation.  

Still the best hip-hop tune ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ky4uYnsF3kc
(06-08-2019, 13:44 PM)Bones14 Wrote: Documentaries and sport is all I watch here in Oz.

Sports is all one needs to watch
I only watch CBeebies these days. Mesmerising.
(06-08-2019, 18:15 PM)Talons Wrote: Don't tell me.
You want us all to return to a pre industrial age where the most fun you had was arguing about who had the biggest potato.

Don't worry. Our living standards will plummet in the West thanks to globalisation.

I'm sure you would be happy if we were all equally poor.
Now you're just being daft.
(06-08-2019, 16:54 PM)Yuri Gagarin Wrote: I'd say advertising. Brought about an era of I want, must have that, sell shit that's bad for you

Fair point
(06-08-2019, 21:37 PM)Bubbs11 Wrote: I only watch CBeebies these days.  Mesmerising.

My grandson loves 'Hey Duggee'.  It's more entertaining than some adult shows.
(06-08-2019, 21:39 PM)Yuri Gagarin Wrote: Now you're just being daft.
You obviously have a small potato.
(06-08-2019, 21:37 PM)Bubbs11 Wrote: I only watch CBeebies these days.  Mesmerising.
Is the one with the pigtails still on it?

I really should expand on this.
(06-08-2019, 20:09 PM)Raggy Wrote: Still the best hip-hop tune ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ky4uYnsF3kc
Ahead of its time.
Cbeebies is the best BBC channel by a mile.

The only one not run by and for the metropolitan elite. Although I am suspicious of Topsy and Tim, the smug gits.
(06-08-2019, 22:45 PM)Raggy Wrote: Cbeebies is the best BBC channel by a mile.

The only one not run by and for the metropolitan elite. Although I am suspicious of Topsy and Tim, the smug gits.
I had to get rid of Netflix because of the obvious left wing/ homo /trans agenda content in the kids programmes.i can’t watch the news these days either Elgin for the same reason you say!