Taal Volcano
Impressive Lightning from Taal Volcano

Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.
It looks like lava has begun spewing. I wonder how many volcano tourists will be travelling to watch this.

I am worried about the ash cloud
(13-01-2020, 07:32 AM)TheBiggin Wrote: Impressive Lightning from Taal Volcano

Love seeing crazy stuff like this.  How does it happen?
(13-01-2020, 08:41 AM)elgin eagle Wrote: Love seeing crazy stuff like this.  How does it happen?
Global Warming innit. Well everything is.
I just saw on BBC’s website a couple got married on the background of the volcano wow
(13-01-2020, 10:00 AM)Lombardo\s Hair Wrote: Global Warming innit. Well everything is.
I mean how is it happening technically?  Is the lighting hitting inside the volcano and then bouncing around or what?  Certainly seems spectacular in a 'fuck going anywhere near that' kind of way.
(13-01-2020, 11:52 AM)elgin eagle Wrote: I mean how is it happening technically?  Is the lighting hitting inside the volcano and then bouncing around or what?  Certainly seems spectacular in a 'fuck going anywhere near that' kind of way.

Its caused by negative and positively charge particles.  The positive particles are heavier and thus drop once a charge builds it discharges between the two areas. In the case of a volcanic eruption so much is going on that charges build up and discharge very quickly.  Hence the light show.
(13-01-2020, 10:00 AM)Lombardo\s Hair Wrote: Global Warming innit. Well everything is.

ironically, this will temporarily reduce temperatures as the particles from the eruption will block the sun. The last big one in Iceland reduced temperatures by 1.5 degrees. However, the eruption will also spit millions of tons of ghgs into the atmosphere. So once the particles have dissipated it will be back to temperature increases.

this is another reason why I believe that mm ghg reduction will do sweet fa. Especially as we are ignoring completely the main ghg. We need to remove them via filtration or by blocking the sun ourselves using technology.
(13-01-2020, 12:18 PM)The Groover Wrote: Its caused by negative and positively charge particles.  The positive particles are heavier and thus drop once a charge builds it discharges between the two areas. In the case of a volcanic eruption so much is going on that charges build up and discharge very quickly.  Hence the light show.
Thanks Groover.  I knew you would know the answer.  Are they going to ban aircraft from flying again?
(13-01-2020, 12:38 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: Thanks Groover.  I knew you would know the answer.  Are they going to ban aircraft from flying again?

Groover is not just a mathematician he is a good metrologist too. Massive respect to him Smile
(13-01-2020, 12:25 PM)The Groover Wrote: ironically, this will temporarily reduce temperatures as the particles from the eruption will block the sun. The last big one in Iceland reduced temperatures by 1.5 degrees. However, the eruption will also spit millions of tons of ghgs into the atmosphere. So once the particles have dissipated it will be back to temperature increases.

this is another reason why I believe that mm ghg reduction will do sweet fa. Especially as we are ignoring completely the main ghg. We need to remove them via filtration or by blocking the sun ourselves using technology.

Any Good ??

[Image: rBVaI1j_IUiAKELOAAFcpt57Q8g646.jpg]
(13-01-2020, 14:19 PM)TheBiggin Wrote: Any Good ??

[Image: rBVaI1j_IUiAKELOAAFcpt57Q8g646.jpg]

Big Grin Big Grin
Plenty of tremors, sometimes every minute. Yikes ! Imagine waiting to see if the next one is the big one when it goes bang.

http://www.phivolcs.dost.gov.ph/index.ph...formation3

As we are at a solar minimum re sunspot activity the is a connection that volcanoes are more active at the same time.
More useless info from me.

Trying to find a live cam.
(13-01-2020, 15:43 PM)TheBiggin Wrote: Plenty of tremors, sometimes every minute. Yikes ! Imagine waiting to see if the next one is the big one when it goes bang.

http://www.phivolcs.dost.gov.ph/index.ph...formation3

As we are at a solar minimum re sunspot activity the is a connection that volcanoes are more active at the same time.
More useless info from me.

Trying to find a live cam.
Yeah that would be good to see.  Nighttime there now though I guess.  We have some crazy winds up here today, storm Brendan or something.  Haven't hit any trampolines or sheds yet though.
(13-01-2020, 18:13 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: Yeah that would be good to see.  Nighttime there now though I guess.  We have some crazy winds up here today, storm Brendan or something.  Haven't hit any trampolines or sheds yet though.

Even a tad blowy down here
(13-01-2020, 07:32 AM)TheBiggin Wrote: Impressive Lightning from Taal Volcano

Unreal innit. Makes CGI look like Bagpuss
Not everyone who voted Brexit is racist. Fact. 
It is likely that racists probably voted for Brexit.
Anyone involved in grooming gangs, regardless of religion, is a c*nt who should be chemically castrated.
Hope that clarifies things.