Stadium Delay
https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footbal...59021.html

What a surprise.
(04-06-2019, 12:57 PM)Yuri Gagarin Wrote: https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footbal...59021.html

What a surprise.

We already know all this.

It will happen once all the issues are resolved I'm sure.
(04-06-2019, 13:03 PM)Talons Wrote: We already know all this.

It will happen once all the issues are resolved I'm sure.

We? Are you the conduit for several fans who are too shy to start their own account?
Wink
(04-06-2019, 13:10 PM)Yuri Gagarin Wrote: We? Are you the conduit for several fans who are too shy to start their own account?
Wink

Yes.

I speak for the masses as directed by my lord and master on high, Jesus Icke.
Praise his name. Wink
I wonder they are doing to the holmesdale roof, more importantly and relevantly to us non corporates. Making it less like a bus shelter roof?
(04-06-2019, 13:36 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: I wonder they are doing to the holmesdale roof, more importantly and relevantly to us non corporates.  Making it less like a bus shelter roof?

They made a big mistake putting the supports on the inside of the roof. Pigeon heaven.
Would they really spend money replacing it?
(04-06-2019, 13:59 PM)Talons Wrote: They made a big mistake putting the supports on the inside of the roof. Pigeon heaven.
Would they really spend money replacing it?

Pigeons curse me everywhere I go.  I hope they electrify everything up there.
(04-06-2019, 14:18 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: Pigeons curse me everywhere I go.  I hope they electrify everything up there.

If you did 3rd rail electrification then you'd know electrifying it up there wouldn't kill the birds, just like when they sit on the electricity wires or overhead power cables.

Don't they teach you drivers anything these days? Wink
My Palace blog and podcast can be found at South London and Proud.
(04-06-2019, 15:45 PM)The Expat Eagle Wrote: If you did 3rd rail electrification then you'd know electrifying it up there wouldn't kill the birds, just like when they sit on the electricity wires or overhead power cables.

Don't they teach you drivers anything these days? Wink

Haha i wouldnt have gay 3rd rail electricity though.  It would be a maze of stray unearthed cables like the main stand in the old days.  During boring matches we could look up and play pigeon Russian roulette.  Would be far more interesting.
(04-06-2019, 17:28 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: Haha i wouldnt have gay 3rd rail electricity though.  It would be a maze of stray unearthed cables like the main stand in the old days.  During boring matches we could look up and play pigeon Russian roulette.  Would be far more interesting.

As long as the birds have both feet on the electricity wires they will be safe. It's when they make the earth connection that they get fried.

Did you never walk along the 3rd rail and not get a shock? People only get the shock when they step on or off the rail because they make the earth connection. Unless they have rubber boots. Smile
(04-06-2019, 23:26 PM)The Expat Eagle Wrote: As long as the birds have both feet on the electricity wires they will be safe. It's when they make the earth connection that they get fried.

Did you never walk along the 3rd rail and not get a shock? People only get the shock when they step on or off the rail because they make the earth connection. Unless they have rubber boots. Smile

How did you get onto the third rail in the first place though?  I suppose you could have strapped pigeons to the soles of your shoes first.

The solution then is to have wires suspended 1mm from the metal.  Even the cleverest pigeon must surely put his other foot down.
(04-06-2019, 13:24 PM)Talons Wrote: Yes.

I speak for the masses as directed by my lord and master on high, Jesus Icke.
Praise his name. Wink

Under his eye  , blessed be the fruit . 
(Stolen from the handmaids tale ) but spookily apt where David icke appears in conversation.
(05-06-2019, 00:00 AM)elgin eagle Wrote: How did you get onto the third rail in the first place though?  I suppose you could have strapped pigeons to the soles of your shoes first.

The solution then is to have wires suspended 1mm from the metal.  Even the cleverest pigeon must surely put his other foot down.

The old railway issue safety boots has rubber soles so if you stepped on it by mistake you didn't get electrocuted but let's be honest, who wore them? You just hopped onto it, as long as your trailing leg was off the ground you were good.
(05-06-2019, 19:50 PM)The Expat Eagle Wrote: The old railway issue safety boots has rubber soles so if you stepped on it by mistake you didn't get electrocuted but let's be honest, who wore them? You just hopped onto it, as long as your trailing leg was off the ground you were good.

Before my time, old timer  Wink

I never worked third rail, its all dodgems on wheels in Essex and up here. 

But we definitely need less pigeons.  I've taken 2 out tonight already, on a perfect hat trick if it hits the coupler.
(05-06-2019, 21:29 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: Before my time, old timer  Wink

I never worked third rail, its all dodgems on wheels in Essex and up here. 

But we definitely need less pigeons.  I've taken 2 out tonight already, on a perfect hat trick if it hits the coupler.

You're as bad as Ken Livingstone who got rod of the pigeons from Trafalgar Square. That said you'd think being called the Eagles that we'd employ a couple to do the job for us. Smile

Back when I started on the railway in January 1991 we had to learn AC/DC and diesels before privatisation and they only taught what you worked on. I failed the dangerous good module (pink pages and TOPS) as a guard and we only did passenger work. Pissed me right off. Smile
(05-06-2019, 22:28 PM)The Expat Eagle Wrote: You're as bad as Ken Livingstone who got rod of the pigeons from Trafalgar Square. That said you'd think being called the Eagles that we'd employ a couple to do the job for us. Smile

Back when I started on the railway in January 1991 we had to learn AC/DC and diesels before privatisation and they only taught what you worked on. I failed the dangerous good module (pink pages and TOPS) as a guard and we only did passenger work. Pissed me right off. Smile

Wow.

Tough work. Angus plays some pretty tricky licks. Confused
(06-06-2019, 11:44 AM)Talons Wrote: Wow.

Tough work. Angus plays some pretty tricky licks. Confused

Well those guards don't get paid in excess of £40, 50k for nothing Wink

And they were still pretty big in 1991 from what I gather.

And fuckinell Elgin, I felt like shit all day when I ran over two ducks last month. You get used to it I guess. Undecided
(08-06-2019, 17:27 PM)Glazier Wrote: Well those guards don't get paid in excess of £40, 50k for nothing Wink

And they were still pretty big in 1991 from what I gather.

And fuckinell Elgin, I felt like shit all day when I ran over two ducks last month. You get used to it I guess. Undecided

You do mate.  And I've got history with pigeons remember.  I don't celebrate when I hit them though.  Its more muted like when a player scores against a former club.  The only time I screamed was when the bloke ran in front of the train, that was pretty messy.

To be honest though I think this delay is just down to Sainsburys and the ransom strip.  Much as I hope we will buy the whole site back off them, I guess it's just a pipedream, and the corporate bodge is all we will see.  Granted I accept it's probably not a popular view, with everyone desperate for something, anything.  Corporate tunnel clubs and hospitality lounges mean nothing to me.  I just go to the club then the match, then go home.
(08-06-2019, 19:02 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: You do mate.  And I've got history with pigeons remember.  I don't celebrate when I hit them though.  Its more muted like when a player scores against a former club.  The only time I screamed was when the bloke ran in front of the train, that was pretty messy.

To be honest though I think this delay is just down to Sainsburys and the ransom strip.  Much as I hope we will buy the whole site back off them, I guess it's just a pipedream, and the corporate bodge is all we will see.  Granted I accept it's probably not a popular view, with everyone desperate for something, anything.  Corporate tunnel clubs and hospitality lounges mean nothing to me.  I just go to the club then the match, then go home.

I think it's more to do with the council wanting Palace to pay for transport upgrades but I can't see how they can be improved. Probably just trying to squeeze money out of us.
(08-06-2019, 19:02 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: You do mate.  And I've got history with pigeons remember.  I don't celebrate when I hit them though.  Its more muted like when a player scores against a former club.  The only time I screamed was when the bloke ran in front of the train, that was pretty messy.

Hahaha - history? Didn't know that. Thinking about it, any of grey pigeons/squirrels or foxes probably wouldn't bother me nearly as much as they are basically vermin anyway, not exactly in danger of going extinct.

Agreed about Sainsbury's, for me they are probably the main hold up, though transport issues and the Mayor Khan aren't exactly going to sort/deal with.