Spurs Home, Sunday 1600
It's finally here!  The last game of the season.  Have to admit, after a promising start at Bournemouth, the lockdown results have really sucked.  Anyway, here is a chance to not go into the summer on such a downer.  Can Ferguson play?  If so i'd play Ward at left back.  I'd start Pierrick and give Wilf a free role.  Hopefully it's not his last game in the red n blue.
(21-07-2020, 22:01 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: It's finally here!  The last game of the season.  Have to admit, after a promising start at Bournemouth, the lockdown results have really sucked.  Anyway, here is a chance to not go into the summer on such a downer.  Can Ferguson play?  If so i'd play Ward at left back.  I'd start Pierrick and give Wilf a free role.  Hopefully it's not his last game in the red n blue.
And the likelihood of any of that is? If Tyrick starts the only change will be Roys underpants.
(22-07-2020, 00:33 AM)Lombardo\s Hair Wrote: And the likelihood of any of that is? If Tyrick starts the only change will be Roys underpants.
Smile

At least we have finally replaced AWB.  Have to give Ward great credit though.  We finally have competition for one place now.  Playing Tyrick will send a big message to the board about the dire need to finally sign a goalscorer.  This time last year we had the loanee Batshuayi scoring at a 1 in 2 goal rate.  This season we didn't bother, loaned out 2 of our 3 forwards and scored 30 goals in total.  Hopefully Spurs have an off day otherwise we lose 8 in a row and go into next season favourites for the drop.  Roy performed wonders for 3 years with no backing whatsoever, but he looks to be flogging a dead horse now.  I know you disagree, but I don't think any of the out of work managers could have done any better than him and Ray.  With players like Cahill and Tomkins back, we have a chance of scraping a few points, but have to sign some attacking players besides Ayew finally.  As for Spurs, they have big problems of a different kind so hopefully they have stopped playing for Mourinho like Chelsea and Man Utd did.
(22-07-2020, 07:27 AM)elgin eagle Wrote: Smile

At least we have finally replaced AWB.  Have to give Ward great credit though.  We finally have competition for one place now.  Playing Tyrick will send a big message to the board about the dire need to finally sign a goalscorer.  This time last year we had the loanee Batshuayi scoring at a 1 in 2 goal rate.  This season we didn't bother, loaned out 2 of our 3 forwards and scored 30 goals in total.  Hopefully Spurs have an off day otherwise we lose 8 in a row and go into next season favourites for the drop.  Roy performed wonders for 3 years with no backing whatsoever, but he looks to be flogging a dead horse now.  I know you disagree, but I don't think any of the out of work managers could have done any better than him and Ray.  With players like Cahill and Tomkins back, we have a chance of scraping a few points, but have to sign some attacking players besides Ayew finally.  As for Spurs, they have big problems of a different kind so hopefully they have stopped playing for Mourinho like Chelsea and Man Utd did.
We did loan Cenk Tosun but he wasn't very good and lasted a few games.
Without money, our hands are tied.

For sale.
One London football team, needs lots of new players and a new ground but makes £200 million a year. Asking price: Far too much, so that some Americans can make a quick buck.

We will lose to Spurs. Kane has just returned to form.
Goodbye European Union. Goodbye Jeremy. Goodbye Nick. Jerk-It
(22-07-2020, 08:23 AM)Talons Wrote: We did loan Cenk Tosun but he wasn't very good and lasted a few games.
Without money, our hands are tied.

For sale.
One London football team, needs lots of new players and a new ground but makes £200 million a year. Asking price: Far too much, so that some Americans can make a quick buck.

We will lose to Spurs. Kane has just returned to form.

True, I forgot about Tosun.  I actually saw him score for us, at Man City.  It was a shame he got injured.  Knowing the way our scouting works, we'll be signing him this summer.

They won't be making any sort of buck at all if we only score 30 goals again next season.  They'll be facing huge losses because of not backing the manager for 3 seasons and letting the average age creep up to 32.
8-0 Spurs.
I am not sure i can even be arsed to watch. I don't care whether we win drawcord get hammered. Roy has finally dulled my senses to it all. Yes the argument about not being backed may have a little merit but can anyone really say he's made the most of what he has at his disposal. I pointed out to someone on twitter who said our squad was crsp..that during the period of heavy injuries we drew away to Norwich Saints And Man City and at home to Arsenal. Meyer and Jairo started in all of them. As soon as the injured players were able to walk without a limp...they were both dropped. The shocking thing is Mcarthy also started. Our squad is not useless its under used. We could do with a striker but is it becsuse our strikers are crap or lack decent service? I struggle to think of how many great chances any of them missed. The lack of crossing shite corners and free kicks doesnt help. Was camarasa a poor player or did Roy not want to appear disloyal the pit ponies he prefers in Midfield. Players that should come on to protect a lead not bore the pants off the fans or come on when we are fecking losing. He's even brought on a defender for midfield players when we ard losing FFS. I cant remember the game but I will look it up. Sending sorloth out on loan was ridiculous and then wickham!! No strikers is Roys fault.
I got it wrong ...Ward came on for Kelly not a MF player...when 0 2 down to Saints. He has wickham on bench who replaced Tosun. He also had Pierrick.
(23-07-2020, 23:05 PM)Lombardo\s Hair Wrote: I am not sure i can even be arsed to watch. I don't care whether we win drawcord get hammered. Roy has finally dulled my senses to it all. Yes the argument about not being backed may have a little merit but can anyone really say he's made the most of what he has at his disposal. I pointed out to someone on twitter who said our squad was crsp..that during the period of heavy injuries we drew away to Norwich Saints And Man City and at home to Arsenal. Meyer and Jairo started in all of them. As soon as the injured players were able to walk without a limp...they were both dropped. The shocking thing is Mcarthy also started. Our squad is not useless its under used. We could do with a striker but is it becsuse our strikers are crap or lack decent service? I struggle to think of how many great chances any of them missed. The lack of crossing shite corners and free kicks doesnt help. Was camarasa a poor player or did Roy not want to appear disloyal the pit ponies he prefers in Midfield. Players that should come on to protect a lead not bore the pants off the fans or come on when we are fecking losing. He's even brought on a defender for midfield players when we ard losing FFS. I cant remember the game but I will look it up. Sending sorloth out on loan was ridiculous and then wickham!! No strikers is Roys fault.
I got it wrong ...Ward came on for Kelly not a MF player...when 0 2 down to Saints. He has wickham on bench who replaced Tosun. He also had Pierrick.
Agree. My only criticism of players like Meyer and Jairo is how can they sit on the bench week after week?  I’d have handed in a loan/transfer request a year and a half ago.
(23-07-2020, 23:05 PM)Lombardo\s Hair Wrote: I am not sure i can even be arsed to watch. I don't care whether we win drawcord get hammered. Roy has finally dulled my senses to it all. Yes the argument about not being backed may have a little merit but can anyone really say he's made the most of what he has at his disposal. I pointed out to someone on twitter who said our squad was crsp..that during the period of heavy injuries we drew away to Norwich Saints And Man City and at home to Arsenal. Meyer and Jairo started in all of them. As soon as the injured players were able to walk without a limp...they were both dropped. The shocking thing is Mcarthy also started. Our squad is not useless its under used. We could do with a striker but is it becsuse our strikers are crap or lack decent service? I struggle to think of how many great chances any of them missed. The lack of crossing shite corners and free kicks doesnt help. Was camarasa a poor player or did Roy not want to appear disloyal the pit ponies he prefers in Midfield. Players that should come on to protect a lead not bore the pants off the fans or come on when we are fecking losing. He's even brought on a defender for midfield players when we ard losing FFS. I cant remember the game but I will look it up. Sending sorloth out on loan was ridiculous and then wickham!! No strikers is Roys fault.

I'm not sure this match is on tv anyway.  Maybe a stream.somewhere?  Have heard a few rumours that Roy is resigning after it.  Not sure how true though.
(24-07-2020, 08:32 AM)elgin eagle Wrote: I'm not sure this match is on tv anyway.  Maybe a stream.somewhere?  Have heard a few rumours that Roy is resigning after it.  Not sure how true though.
match is on sky sports.  Mail report saying he will be having talks. Club wants to invest in Youth. Roy has shown quite clearly he isn't interested in youth. So it could be a parting in the offing. You know how I'd feel if that was the case. I'd have to start working out how id pay for ST.  Big Grin
(24-07-2020, 08:22 AM)ChrisGC Wrote: Agree. My only criticism of players like Meyer and Jairo is how can they sit on the bench week after week?  I’d have handed in a loan/transfer request a year and a half ago.
it could bevthat Roy gives them impression he is part of his plans. Which technically they are. If all the players who aren't used went on loan we would have 15 senior players and the the rest would be u/23:development players who wouldnt get a look in.
(23-07-2020, 12:01 PM)ChrisGC Wrote: 8-0 Spurs.

Funnily enough i feel quite confident about this game..............5-0 Spurs.
(24-07-2020, 11:02 AM)Lombardo\s Hair Wrote: match  is on sky sports.  Mail report saying he will be having talks. Club wants to invest in Youth. Roy has shown quite clearly he isn't interested in youth. So it could be a parting in the offing. You know how I'd feel if that was the case. I'd have to start working out how id pay for ST.  Big Grin
That is Parish code for not spend any money...Again.

If Roy goes it will be because the club see an opportunity to sack him for poor recent results and escape any commitment they made to support him with transfer money.

It seems clear that prospective buyers of the club are being put off by the asking price and until the club is sold we will be in unable to spend.
Goodbye European Union. Goodbye Jeremy. Goodbye Nick. Jerk-It
(24-07-2020, 19:55 PM)Talons Wrote: That is Parish code for not spend any money...Again.

If Roy goes it will be because the club see an opportunity to sack him for poor recent results and escape any commitment they made to support him with transfer money.

It seems clear that prospective buyers of the club are being put off by the asking price and until the club is sold we will be in unable to spend.
TBF I don't care what reason the clun finds I don't want Roy for another Season
(24-07-2020, 19:55 PM)Talons Wrote: That is Parish code for not spend any money...Again.

That cannot happen this time.  Ferguson is under 24 so there will be a tribunal fee to pay there.  On top of that there is the service and finishing issues to deal with, that have to be addressed this summer without question.  That's before you address the squad age issue.  Its going to be a very interesting summer I think, irrespective of whether we are changing the manager as well.  I'd quite like to see Roy leave with his head held high.  He's done wonders with zero backing.

Have to agree that I dont really care about the result tomorrow, although it would be nice to end the season with a win.  On the other hand, it might force the yanks to open the purse strings if we lose the last 8 matches.
Decided we need to win today.  You cant imagine Levy envisaged finishing 7th in their fancy bollocks corporate stadium, so for that reason alone we should beat them.  Will have half an eye on the Villa and Watford games too.  It could be our toughest premier league challenge since promotion next season, with Leeds and West Brom replacing Norwich and Bournemouth.  Hopefully they sack Mourinho after, and Palace give Roy a new contract.
(26-07-2020, 07:21 AM)elgin eagle Wrote: Decided we need to win today.  You cant imagine Levy envisaged finishing 7th in their fancy bollocks corporate stadium, so for that reason alone we should beat them.  Will have half an eye on the Villa and Watford games too.  It could be our toughest premier league challenge since promotion next season, with Leeds and West Brom replacing Norwich and Bournemouth.  Hopefully they sack Mourinho after, and Palace give Roy a new contract.
New contract to Roy, have you seen a single minute of the last seven games? 
Agree about next season being our final year though. Leeds at least are going to be a toughie.
(26-07-2020, 08:40 AM)ChrisGC Wrote: New contract to Roy, have you seen a single minute of the last seven games? 
Agree about next season being our final year though. Leeds at least are going to be a toughie.
Yeah, seen every minute. No board backing,  injuries, no VAR luck, and having not much to play for has conspired against us.

Lots of big clubs in the Premier League next season isn't there.  It's going to be a real struggle.  At least we are prepared for it I suppose.
(26-07-2020, 10:48 AM)elgin eagle Wrote: Yeah, seen every minute. No board backing,  injuries, no VAR luck, and having not much to play for has conspired against us.

Lots of big clubs in the Premier League next season isn't there.  It's going to be a real struggle.  At least we are prepared for it I suppose.
Prepared for worse and hoping for best.
Going to watch it today, more out of duty than anything. Just hope it's not another lazy, boring, moany, soulless display. But expect it might.

Suppose it's too much to ask that we go for it.

And could we give some youngsters some reasonable amount of game time