Splitting Up With Someone
Not planning to, but what are the best/worst reasons you have given/received?

Easily the worst I have given was once when I was about 14 I told my girlfriend I had aids.  I was a particularly stupid child in hindsight.
https://youtu.be/oECXD04jMtM

That reminds me of the brilliant Rik Smile
(19-06-2019, 11:04 AM)elgin eagle Wrote: Not planning to, but what are the best/worst reasons you have given/received?

Easily the worst I have given was once when I was about 14 I told my girlfriend I had aids.  I was a particularly stupid child in hindsight.

Big Grin
A guy at work said he woke up one morning looked at his wife and said to himself I don't love her anymore and he said that was it, called it a day.

Very brutal I thought
I guess the question comes around to how much of our lives do we live for other people? Be it being with someone too long or helping someone out who we don't even like because we're their neighbour and so on.

I've known people do a similar thing where they woke up one day and left. They said life is too short to spend it with someone you don't want to be with but maybe I have been raised with a different set of morals. I don't mean I'd live for 50 years with someone I don't love but I would bail on a whim.

I wonder how many people today would stick by their partner if they became paralysed overnight?
(20-06-2019, 00:31 AM)Swedish Eagle Wrote: I guess the question comes around to how much of our lives do we live for other people? Be it being with someone too long or helping someone out who we don't even like because we're their neighbour and so on.

I've known people do a similar thing where they woke up one day and left. They said life is too short to spend it with someone you don't want to be with but maybe I have been raised with a different set of morals. I don't mean I'd live for 50 years with someone I don't love but I would bail on a whim.

I wonder how many people today would stick by their partner if they became paralysed overnight?

You are spot on. The test of any ones character is when the st!t hits the fan how they react. It is all great when it is lovey dovey and all that good stuff
(19-06-2019, 21:00 PM)Razorsedge Wrote: A guy at work said he woke up one morning looked at his wife and said to himself I don't love her anymore and he said that was it, called it a day.

Very brutal I thought

Seems a bit harsh.  Nobody looks at their best early in the morning.  My own hair sticks up like ive been electrocuted.
(19-06-2019, 21:00 PM)Razorsedge Wrote: A guy at work said he woke up one morning looked at his wife and said to himself I don't love her anymore and he said that was it, called it a day.

Very brutal I thought

Only if he soothed the morning wood first, otherwise that's not the worst method .  Big Grin
(20-06-2019, 10:13 AM)elgin eagle Wrote: Seems a bit harsh.  Nobody looks at their best early in the morning.  My own hair sticks up like ive been electrocuted.

I look like porcupine.......mind you I shave me head and all......so maybe a bald porcupine haha

(20-06-2019, 13:38 PM)roasthimvinnie Wrote: Only if he soothed the morning wood first, otherwise that's not the worst method .  Big Grin

Smile
(19-06-2019, 11:04 AM)elgin eagle Wrote: Not planning to, but what are the best/worst reasons you have given/received?

Very few things actually make me laugh on the internet.... but this did. Big Grin

I got dumped by a bird who told me she was off travelling in her gap year.... she got a job in Blockbuster and fukked a mate of mine... Bitch.... I'm not bitter.

I once told a bird at college I was planning to join the army, so I couldn't have a relationship with her (after ploughing her)... I think it softened the blow a little of her losing out on a studmuffin like me... She was actually quite concerned for me... as the (first) Gulf War had not long finished.
How not to do it (Scottish people are scary)

https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol...658972.mp4
(20-07-2019, 11:46 AM)DaiLaffing Wrote: How not to do it (Scottish people are scary)

https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol...658972.mp4
Ain't that the truth.  Think that was her asking him out as it goes.
(20-07-2019, 11:56 AM)elgin eagle Wrote: Ain't that the truth.  Think that was her asking him out as it goes.
Big Grin
(20-07-2019, 12:32 PM)DaiLaffing Wrote: Big Grin

Gives a new meaning to Glasgow kiss