Smoking
Who is/was a smoker?  I started smoking when I was 15, and smoked heavily until I was 26.  Fortunately I was able to stop by a combination of watching a video by this guy, a load of boost chocolate bars, and some herbal cigarettes I got from a health food shop.

After about a week I was walking along smoking one of these things, when the wind blew the end of it off and a bit went in my eye.  After that I said fuck this and possibly swore, but I haven't had one since.  That was 25 years ago.  Obviously things like vaping weren't around back then, even patches hasn't been invented iirc.  How did you break the habit?
It's one of those weird anomalies that Allen Carr died of lung cancer, sadly. Despite being an anti smoker in later years. He gave up and went back many times but the damage was done.

I gave up for two years went back and stopped again a year and a half ago.

Just determination and food got me through.

Just hope the damage isn't done
(23-05-2020, 08:45 AM)Billypalace Wrote: It's one of those weird anomalies that Allen Carr died of lung cancer, sadly. Despite being an anti smoker in later years. He gave up and went back many times but the damage was done.

I gave up for two years went back and stopped again a year and a half ago.

Just determination and food got me through.

Just hope the damage isn't done
That's a shame about Allen Carr.  He probably saved thousands of lives.  As you say, often the damage is done.  Even so, I don't think I could afford to smoke these days.
I started smoking 2 or 3 fags a day when I was 11, and was getting through a ten deck from 16 to 18 years old. That grew to 20-30 a day until I was about 28 and fucked it off for 4 years. I went back to it on and off for a year or so before just getting bored and putting them down for good. Haven’t had a fag for a couple of years now and don’t fancy one.

Maybe I’ll smoke again, maybe I won’t. I’ve never judged smokers, unless they smoke in their own homes which I think is rank. I’ve personally never smoked in doors (apart from when you could in pubs) but have no problem with visitors smoking in my garden or being around smokers in pub gardens etc.

I know a few former smokers who are total twats about it. I’ve also seen people ask smokers “not to smoke around their kids” in pub gardens, which I think is ridiculous.
(23-05-2020, 12:34 PM)ChrisGC Wrote: I started smoking 2 or 3 fags a day when I was 11, and was getting through a ten deck from 16 to 18 years old. That grew to 20-30 a day until I was about 28 and fucked it off for 4 years. I went back to it on and off for a year or so before just getting bored and putting them down for good. Haven’t had a fag for a couple of years now and don’t fancy one.

Maybe I’ll smoke again, maybe I won’t. I’ve never judged smokers, unless they smoke in their own homes which I think is rank. I’ve personally never smoked in doors (apart from when you could in pubs) but have no problem with visitors smoking in my garden or being around smokers in pub gardens etc.

I know a few former smokers who are total twats about it. I’ve also seen people ask smokers “not to smoke around their kids” in pub gardens, which I think is ridiculous.
Yeah people can be real arses about smoking.  I think I have an issue with people who make pointed comments in general anyway.   My next door neighour has a basketball net and im forever going behind the insulation stack and the fence to get it for him.  It's windy here today and a bit of wood blew off the top and broke a light in her garden.  Straightaway I get a text. Probably needs a neighbours thread though.

The only time I fancy a fag now is if I'm out and drunk and someone smokes near me.