Sheff Utd Discussion
They are having a brilliant season, and obviously have an extremely competent manager having guided to them to 2 promotions previously. Nobody seems able to deal with their overlapping centre backs, explained here: 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.telegra...do-do/amp/

It will be interesting to see if we learnt from the experience at Bramhall Lane or not.  That was worse than Tuesdays performance, without the excuse of tiredness.
We’ll win this. Hodgsonball.
(24-01-2020, 14:02 PM)ChrisGC Wrote: We’ll win this. Hodgsonball.
Bloody hope so mate lol.
I see on social media some fans want Roy sacked. They should be wary what they wish for. He hasn't done bad wherever he's been. I am not saying it's perfect under him but he ain't no mug. FFS I still come out in sweat if I think about the Mullery and Pope reign

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk
After Tuesday's debacle I'm really REALLY worried about this game.

I just know that we'll start out the same way we have done since I don't know when and play defence max, hoping to score from the break - and surely it's plain to see that everyone has sussed us out.

Bearing in mind that United have an excellent away record, they'll have done their homework and they will know what needs to be done against us, I am expecting a 0-1 result at best.

C'mon Palace - prove me wrong!
(24-01-2020, 16:04 PM)HonorOakBloke Wrote: After Tuesday's debacle I'm really REALLY worried about this game.

I just know that we'll start out the same way we have done since I don't know when and play defence max, hoping to score from the break - and surely it's plain to see that everyone has sussed us out.

Bearing in mind that United have an excellent away record, they'll have done their homework and they will know what needs to be done against us, I am expecting a 0-1 result at best.

C'mon Palace - prove me wrong!
They sat back at home against us and we didnt have a clue how to deal with it. If they sit back against us at home........
Big game today.  Annoyingly I sold my ticket as the wife booked tickets to France on the wrong weekend.  Now due to some karma the sleeper has broken down and I don't have to go Smile
Got to win this if we have any ambition above just surviving. With all our new signings it should be a piece of piss... hang on..
(01-02-2020, 08:27 AM)ChrisGC Wrote: Got to win this if we have any ambition above just surviving. With all our new signings it should be a piece of piss... hang on..
Hope Banks and Tosun play.  Oh wait.
Stronger team and bench than of late.

Damn I was meant to be going to this one and have a few beers with the Comrades Doh!
That’s Immigration sorted. It didn’t take long.
You wanted it.
You voted for it.
This government gets it done.
(01-02-2020, 14:48 PM)TheBiggin Wrote: Damn I was meant to be going to this one and have a few beers with the Comrades Doh!
I couldn't go today either mate, don't worry about it Smile

Bit of a meh half, few half chances.  They haven't offered much so far.  Not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing though.
Definite second yellow for Balsock, bottled by ref and ignored by VAR.
That goal fucking sums my day up.  The only thing that will cheer me up now is if Roy is asked about the coronavirus outbreak in the post match news conference.
Awful match
You wanted it.
You voted for it.
I don't think I have seen a more inept team in front of goal in my life.

Benteke is pathetic and we have nothing else if Tosun is injured.

We are going to turn a comfortable season into a relegation battle if we don't learn where the goal is soon.
Goodbye European Union. Goodbye Jeremy. Goodbye Nick. Jerk-It
(01-02-2020, 16:58 PM)Talons Wrote: I don't think I have seen a more inept team in front of goal in my life.

Benteke is pathetic and we have nothing else if Tosun is injured.

We are going to turn a comfortable season into a relegation battle if we don't learn where the goal is soon.
I watched Leicester v Chelsea before our match.  It was a night and day.  Can't really understand how we are mid table after that and Southampton.  Nobody getting round the back, ridiculous crosses and set pieces as usual.  When Wilf goes we will sink faster than the titanic.  Benteke is in a different jigsaw altogether.
The team selection was soooooo predictable. His favourites are fit and walk straight back in an out of form Luka with 2 very similar midfielders in The JMs. We again have square pegs in round holes. Ayew is not a wide midfield player. Why play Benteke when we have much width as a washing line and our team sits back when we break. Is this because the players are unable to make ground or are they following orders. The only time there is urgency in attack is late in a game when we are trailing. Subs were again at least 10 minutes late. Again very predictable. Although AT for CB was possibly down to injury but I think Roy would have fome do anyway...but later. SU did us by sitting deep. Getting away with hefty challenges and assisted by an incompetent assistant by main stand and a wank ref. Roy sets us up to contain. I wonder if we ever have training sessions about the offensive side of the game? It doesnt seem like it. Also why did we not attack more down Utds right side? Their right back who should have gone in first half was back peddling every time wilf got the ball. We will go down unless we are very lucky. Where was pierrick? 
I question DFs rolecat the club. WTF does Ray Lewington do...make Roy's tea and cocoa? O know the argument that he hasnt been backed comes to the fore but questions need to be asked about his squad use. The non use of Camarasa. The stagnating of Jairos career and doubts about whether Sorloth was poor or Roy f*cked up. We must be the worst club in EPL for minutes played by player under 21.is it Pierick for 20 mins compared to Bournemouth Leicester United et al. Of over 4000 mins.
(01-02-2020, 20:18 PM)Lombardo\s Hair Wrote: The team selection was soooooo predictable. His favourites are fit and walk straight back in an out of form Luka with 2 very similar midfielders in The JMs. We again have square pegs in round holes. Ayew is not a wide midfield player. Why play Benteke when we have much width as a washing line and our team sits back when we break. Is this because the players are unable to make ground or are they following orders. The only time there is urgency in attack is late in a game when we are trailing. Subs were again at least 10 minutes late. Again very predictable. Although AT for CB was possibly down to injury but I think Roy would have fome do anyway...but later. SU did us by sitting deep. Getting away with hefty challenges and assisted by an incompetent assistant by main stand and a wank ref. Roy sets us up to contain. I wonder if we ever have training sessions about the offensive side of the game? It doesnt seem like it. Also why did we not attack more down Utds right side? Their right back who should have gone in first half was back peddling every time wilf got the ball. We will go down unless we are very lucky. Where was pierrick? 
I question DFs rolecat the club. WTF does Ray Lewington do...make Roy's tea and cocoa? O know the argument that he hasnt been backed comes to the fore but questions need to be asked about his squad use. The non use of Camarasa. The stagnating of Jairos career and doubts about whether Sorloth was poor or Roy f*cked up. We must be the worst club in EPL for minutes played by player under 21.is it Pierick for 20 mins compared to Bournemouth Leicester United et al. Of over 4000 mins.
How did Jairo deserve to get dropped ffs Meyer is a breath of fresh air. This dont lose, pass back, pass forward pass back, cant pass to our own, zaha not crossing first time, teke couldnt hit a barn door is pissing me off
We used to be the dogs balls at counter attacking, now we couldnt counter attack a kids tea party ffs.
You wanted it.
You voted for it.
I missed the match, watched the final score and I really thought Palace would win this 2 or 3 nil. How wrong one can be Sad
(01-02-2020, 20:43 PM)TheBiggin Wrote: How did Jairo deserve to get dropped ffs Meyer is a breath of fresh air. This dont lose, pass back, pass forward pass back, cant pass to our own, zaha not crossing first time, teke couldnt hit a barn door is pissing me off
We used to be the dogs balls at counter attacking, now we couldnt counter attack a kids tea party ffs.
Precisely. The only time we looked good was when wilf or Ayew got ball and charged forward. Problem was no one went with them. Is it coaching or are our players lazy c*nts. Kouyate should play centrally and not wide like he did v saints. Meyer in place of McCarthy. At home we should be more attack minded at least. SU did us by sitting back at home and here. They defend well and break  in numbers. They are also a nasty bunch.