Rumoured Takeover
The source is the sun, so let's not get too excited. Supposedly there's a mystery consortium lining up a £215m takeover which could be completed in weeks.

Thoughts?
Whenever I hear "mystery overseas consortium" in reference to dealings with Palace, I get horrible flashbacks to the dark days of the likes of Jerry Lim, Ghaddafi's son and Puff Daddy, and I start worrying...

For every one Leicester City sugar daddy, there seem to be ten investors like the Venkys - and you just know that if we do get taken over, we'll end up with the latter rather than the former.
(24-11-2019, 13:27 PM)HonorOakBloke Wrote: Whenever I hear "mystery overseas consortium" in reference to dealings with Palace, I get horrible flashbacks to the dark days of the likes of Jerry Lim, Ghaddafi's son and Puff Daddy, and I start worrying...

For every one Leicester City sugar daddy, there seem to be ten investors like the Venkys - and you just know that if we do get taken over, we'll end up with the latter rather than the former.
I doubt SP will allow the latter.......well I hope not.
Interesting if it happens.

We could keep Wilf and it may be why we did not spend in the summer.    Keeping powder dry for a Jan splurge.

Two Full backs and a decent forward and we will be a very good side!
(24-11-2019, 17:30 PM)The Groover Wrote: Interesting if it happens.

We could keep Wilf and it may be why we did not spend in the summer.    Keeping powder dry for a Jan splurge.

Two Full backs and a decent forward and we will be a very good side!

I'm hoping we get someone who will sign youth and really look long term.  We are going to have a massive problem in 2 years otherwise, with the average age of the squad around 32.  Hopefully someone who recognises that while corporate income is important, it shouldn't be a whole fucking stands worth.  Buy Sainsburys out, build a suprastadio and put all the corporate around the top where they can't affect the atmosphere.  We look good enough to stay up this season, but significant investment in pacy attacking players is required as well as the infrastructure.  I like Parish, but hate his corporate plans and wish he would back Roy more.
(24-11-2019, 17:44 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: I'm hoping we get someone who will sign youth and really look long term.  We are going to have a massive problem in 2 years otherwise, with the average age of the squad around 32.  Hopefully someone who recognises that while corporate income is important, it shouldn't be a whole fucking stands worth.  Buy Sainsburys out, build a suprastadio and put all the corporate around the top where they can't affect the atmosphere.  We look good enough to stay up this season, but significant investment in pacy attacking players is required as well as the infrastructure.  I like Parish, but hate his corporate plans and wish he would back Roy more.
You aren't hoping for much then. Smile
Don't take us back to the '70s, vote Tory and stop the crazy Marxist from wrecking Britain and stopping Brexit.
(24-11-2019, 18:45 PM)Talons Wrote: You aren't hoping for much then. Smile
Big Grin  My expectations are pretty low.  Even the holmesdale roof just got cleaned instead of replaced.
Hope there is a takeover in offing. I hope they are looking to move Roy to DoF and bring in a progressive innovative new manager.
Won't miss the yanks but "consortium" sounds like it could just be a continuation of their speculation type ownership. Hedge fund manger types buying some pretty good salesmanship from Blitzer and Harris convincing them that we can be flipped yet again.
(27-11-2019, 23:23 PM)Glazier Wrote: Won't miss the yanks but "consortium" sounds like it could just be a continuation of their speculation type ownership. Hedge fund manger types buying some pretty good salesmanship from Blitzer and Harris convincing them that we can be flipped yet again.
Bit worried that it's more a case of 'anyone will do' from the yanks perspective, and Parish is outvoted.  Seems they have been trying to sell up for a while.  Wonder what happens with the main stand stadium cash supposedly ringfenced.