Restaurant Guide
My mum in law treated me and me wifey for a meal in Miller and Carter in Exeter this weekend and it was pricey but the food was lush, the only downside was the espresso I ordered and they served me that in a coffee mug which annoyed me. 

Also tomorrow we have team eve out and are heading out to a curry place in Croydon called 'Navaratna' The reviews for this place looks good, so I am looking forward to some curry. Will report back how it went

Anyone else has found a food heaven which is also kind on prices (I am a tight bastard) also food hell which we all could avoid 

(Any eatery in Sweden and Fife  will also be considered) Smile
Report from Navarathna.....brilliant food and reasonable price

I had masala dosa, chattinad chicken with paratha (Kerala style) delish

I would recommend this. If you are down this way, worth visiting.
Spent day in Brussels, and dipped into the local delicacy so to speak

Breakfast of Waffles with ice cream (https://www.belgiumwaffle.com/en/menu.html)

Absolutely lovely, waffle was so light and I really enjoyed it. I even tipped 2 euro's........I asked for directions for the hop on hop off bus and the waitress sent me and me good wife on a wild goose chase.....moral of the story, eat the waffles, do not listen to them and no need to tip....

Lunch was in eatery opposite Brussels Midi station called "brasserie de la Gare" (I think)

Had Chicken burger (twice) and sprite (twice) and it came to 40 euros and 80 cents....Chicken burger had cheese......and what I thought was burger sauce you get in kebab places in London. It tasted well, the french fries were lovely.

Overpriced I thought....as there was a subway inside the station and we could have had a meal deal for 3 euros......I hear you all cry cheapskate......Smile

Any way back home now after the day trip
30 quid for 2 chicken burgers and fries and pop ? Crikey
(26-06-2019, 00:52 AM)Richard Sole Wrote: 30 quid for 2 chicken burgers and fries and pop ? Crikey

Exactly.....we got done.....that was food hell for me. Sad
Today I visited a curry place in Dartford (Kent) https://www.dosahouse.co.uk

Ordered a Mysore Masala Dosa, a chick peas curry and a garlic nan. I had a starter of Medu Vada...

Wife ordered a chicken korma and a nan bread.

Place had air conditioning and looked clean and neat, only one waitress serving all so the food is not on time

Taste wise. I would say 6/10

in between hell and heaven for me...
(18-06-2019, 18:44 PM)Razorsedge Wrote: My mum in law treated me and me wifey for a meal in Miller and Carter in Exeter this weekend and it was pricey but the food was lush, the only downside was the espresso I ordered and they served me that in a coffee mug which annoyed me. 

Also tomorrow we have team eve out and are heading out to a curry place in Croydon called 'Navaratna' The reviews for this place looks good, so I am looking forward to some curry. Will report back how it went

Anyone else has found a food heaven which is also kind on prices (I am a tight bastard) also food hell which we all could avoid 

(Any eatery in Sweden and Fife  will also be considered) Smile
Must admit that we never go to restaurants.  The most poshest places we go to are the carvery place or morrisons.
(01-07-2019, 13:09 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: Must admit that we never go to restaurants.  The most poshest places we go to are the carvery place or morrisons.

I like Carvery....there is no morrisons near me, but there is an Asda and I must admit I had breakfast there once and the only thing temperature wise hot was 'my plate' 
Sad 

Anyhoo.....leaving do today and I went for a breakfast (I didnt have to pay, result) 

A place called Crystal Rocks in S End road (http://www.crystalrockscafe.com/

I had the turkish breakfast and a black coffee. 

The food was delicious and I will be back
9/10
(01-07-2019, 14:20 PM)Razorsedge Wrote: I like Carvery....there is no morrisons near me, but there is an Asda and I must admit I had breakfast there once and the only thing temperature wise hot was 'my plate' 
Sad 

Anyhoo.....leaving do today and I went for a breakfast (I didnt have to pay, result) 

A place called Crystal Rocks in S End road (http://www.crystalrockscafe.com/

I had the turkish breakfast and a black coffee. 

The food was delicious and I will be back
9/10
Any shampoo on special?
No Shampoo......that is why is a 9/10 or it could have been 10/10

They have free WiFi and I saw couple of chaps just using the Wi-Fi and not buying anything. I thought that was bit rude.
(01-07-2019, 15:44 PM)Razorsedge Wrote: No Shampoo......that is why is a 9/10 or it could have been 10/10

They have free WiFi and I saw couple of chaps just using the Wi-Fi and not buying anything. I thought that was bit rude.
Maybe they were buying shampoo?  That would make sense all things considered.
(01-07-2019, 15:50 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: Maybe they were buying shampoo?  That would make sense all things considered.

That is a good point maybe they wereSmile
Haha
Had a lunch in Birchwood Golf Club in Swanley in the weekend (https://www.birchwoodparkgc.co.uk/eat-drink/)

I went for the 3 egg omlette and the wife went for club sandwich.

Reasonable prices (Cheaper than Brussels) the food was absolute delish and we really enjoyed it.

Feck the golf, who cares about it but looks like we have found a gem

9.5/10
Had a meal in Hotel Duo in Prague (http://www.hotelduo.cz/dining-en.html#item-91_cat-0) in their Formanka restaurant

I had to use my trusty google translator to translate the menu.....The tradition in Prague is you pay for what is on the table, so if any bread etc comes in it is billed, so we had to ask every time time they left some food.....you going to charge for this, and they said, oh no on the house....(only had bread and water free)

I went for the traditional Beef Goulash (when in rome and all that) Wife went for the Chicken

The food was excellent and really enjoyed it. The weak pound meant the meal was slightly expensive........

Anyway onwards and upwards....till next time

7/10 (because of weak pound)