Pre season.
First up is Hertha Berlin. Did one of our keepers have a hand in this?

I don't bother with pre season games tbh.

Thoughts comrades!?
Got to be Hennessey in between the sticks for this one.  Cultural ambassador to Germany, him.  Makes Danny Bakers gaffe look like small potatoes.  No offence to small potatoes.
(10-05-2019, 23:04 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: Got to be Hennessey in between the sticks for this one.  Cultural ambassador to Germany, him.  Makes Danny Bakers gaffe look like small potatoes.  No offence to small potatoes.

He calls his dad 'Spud'
(11-05-2019, 08:38 AM)Yuri Gagarin Wrote:
(10-05-2019, 23:04 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: Got to be Hennessey in between the sticks for this one.  Cultural ambassador to Germany, him.  Makes Danny Bakers gaffe look like small potatoes.  No offence to small potatoes.

He calls his dad 'Spud'

Smile

I bet he's really careful when he waves goodbye these days.  Especially if he has a cold.
(10-05-2019, 20:31 PM)Yuri Gagarin Wrote: First up is Hertha Berlin. Did one of our keepers have a hand in this?

Thoughts comrades!?

As its aug 3rd I'd have said last up.
(11-05-2019, 18:47 PM)The Groover Wrote:
(10-05-2019, 20:31 PM)Yuri Gagarin Wrote: First up is Hertha Berlin. Did one of our keepers have a hand in this?

Thoughts comrades!?

As its aug 3rd I'd have said last up.

Fair point, but you know what I was getting at.
Bristol city 27 July away.

What about somewhere we haven't been!
(15-05-2019, 21:48 PM)The Groover Wrote: Bristol city 27 July away.

What about somewhere we haven't been!

Oooh, I hope PVA plays as well as he did last time we faced them.
Well the first preseason game was today, against Luzern. It was, as you'd expect, not the most spellbinding game.
(09-07-2019, 20:08 PM)Glazier Wrote: Well the first preseason game was today, against Luzern. It was, as you'd expect, not the most spellbinding game.
What was the score?  Only just turned the phone on.
(09-07-2019, 20:20 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: What was the score?  Only just turned the phone on.

1-1

Palace won 6-5 on pens  Smile

We played 4-4-2 it looks like. Benteke and Wickham up front. Riedewald played RB it looks like.
The second game was yesterday against Young Boys. We lost 2-0. It triggered a minor meltdown on the BBS and a load of shit paedophilia jokes. I didn't see much of it as it was behind the parish paywall, you need a £50 gold membership to get access to preseason streams, you can't even see it if you're an ST holder. Apologies if this has already been moaned about elsewhere.

What I did see, Schluppo and Meyer looked decent, and not enough time was given to youth players.
Were any Comrades at Barnet?
Anyone managed to get the paid palace tv working tonight?  It doesn't like android it seems.
Thought this was a pretty good summary of where we are at the moment.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/201...are_btn_tw
(01-08-2019, 09:11 AM)elgin eagle Wrote: Thought this was a pretty good summary of where we are at the moment.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/201...are_btn_tw

100%, Fifield has to be one my favourite palace journalists, not just palace in fact but footie in general. That he's a palace fan and reliable itk is a bonus.
(01-08-2019, 14:20 PM)Glazier Wrote: 100%, Fifield has to be one my favourite palace journalists, not just palace in fact but footie in general. That he's a palace fan and reliable itk is a bonus.

Yeah same, wonder what he thinks about the bodge.