Police Station
Earlier today I chumed a female friend of mine to the police station as her ex kept turning up uninvited to her home at inappropriate times of the night.
She has a new partner now and lives with her two teenage sons who are both on the austistic spectrum.
I am glad that the Police took it so seriously and acted so promptly. The ex has admitted to harassing my friend and has been given a caution. I was willing to go round the blokes house myself but I kept saying we need to get the old bill involved ASAP.

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk
Holmesdale Monkey Nuts Wrote:Earlier today I chumed a female friend of mine to the police station as her ex kept turning up uninvited to her home at inappropriate times of the night.
She has a new partner now and lives with her two teenage sons who are both on the austistic spectrum.
I am glad that the Police took it so seriously and acted so promptly. The ex has admitted to harassing my friend and has been given a caution. I was willing to go round the blokes house myself but I kept saying we need to get the old bill involved ASAP.

Well played.  Lets hope he takes notice now.  Did they give her assurance that they would promptly attend if he showed up.  A few beers and he could do it again.
(08-07-2020, 21:52 PM)The Groover Wrote: Well played.  Lets hope he takes notice now.  Did they give her assurance that they would promptly attend if he showed up.  A few beers and he could do it again.
They said to dial 999 if he showed up again. She's been having panic attacks over this and kept putting going to the Police off but I insisted.

(09-07-2020, 07:34 AM)Holmesdale Monkey Nuts Wrote: They said to dial 999 if he showed up again. She's been having panic attacks over this and kept putting going to the Police off but I insisted.

Is this guy violent?
Goodbye European Union. Goodbye Jeremy. Goodbye Nick. Jerk-It
(09-07-2020, 11:26 AM)Talons Wrote: Is this guy violent?
He hasn't been so far but the Police have given him a 6 months caution. My friend was getting panic attacks and the late times the fella was coming round was affecting her boys.
The problem has been also the phone texts and what they are saying.
She seems relieved and that's good to hear.

I have had some similar experiences myself recently dealing with the fallout of the relationship breakdown of two friends which went pear-shaped very quickly. So you have my sympathies Holmesdale Monkey Nuts! Although I am curious in your case why her new partner wasn't doing the things you did?

In my case the complication was that we were good friends with both people - my wife and I were even the witnesses at their wedding and had introduced them to each other - so we felt the weight of responsibility even more.

As you found, fortunately, this seems to be an area the police are well on top of these days. Fortunately, the woman in our case called the police herself, sparing us a potentially awful moral dilemma.
Ballot spoilers of the world unite.