Paulo Of The Palace... New Manager Possibly
You've all probably seen it...

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/04/06/re...e-hodgson/

Thoughts? 

I'd be ok if we got him.  But have a feeling it's like all the transfers linking us with bright fancy stars and we end up up with a burnt out one - if any.

So it'll probably be Paul from port vale in the end.
(07-04-2021, 15:17 PM)Billypalace Wrote: You've all probably seen it...

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/04/06/re...e-hodgson/

Thoughts? 

I'd be ok if we got him.  But have a feeling it's like all the transfers linking us with bright fancy stars and we end up up with a burnt out one - if any.

So it'll probably be Paul from port vale in the end.

I think this means Roy is in all likelihood retiring at the end of the season, and probably explains the club's reluctance to make a decision on the 12 out of contract players.  I don't know much about Fonseca other than his record at Shakhtar was amazing.  He is bound to have some great contacts for players as well.  Personally wouldn't be against this as it's going to need someone with a lot of energy to completely rebuild a team based around one excellent player.
Impressive win rate of 53% in his managerial career, but a really rapid turnover of clubs managing a different club pretty much every season for 8 or 9 years in Portugal. Likes a patient, short passing approach.
He could do really well, or could be Frank De Boer part 2.
Ballot spoilers of the world unite.
Raggy Wrote:Impressive win rate of 53% in his managerial career, but a really rapid turnover of clubs managing a different club pretty much every season for 8 or 9 years in Portugal. Likes a patient, short passing approach.
He could do really well, or could be Frank De Boer part 2.

Yeah FDB ended so well!  Big Grin

I do think we have a better squad than then though.
We can see what the prospective style is tonight when Roma play. I think i will watch on BT sport....
About 95% of the stuff on NewsNow is cobblers.

Speculation about managers is pointless.

What the team needs is quality new players
Goodbye European Union. Goodbye Jeremy. Goodbye Nick. Jerk-It
(08-04-2021, 19:05 PM)Talons Wrote: About 95% of the stuff on NewsNow is cobblers.

Speculation about managers is pointless.

What the team needs is quality new players
 Both really. I'm hoping a new manager will bring in new players. But then I've hoped that with each one!
(08-04-2021, 19:01 PM)Lombardo\s Hair Wrote: We can see what the prospective style is tonight when Roma play. I think i will watch on BT sport....

How was it?  Im only just in the door.
(08-04-2021, 21:49 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: How was it?  Im only just in the door.
Only watched first half. When they were losing. What i noticed was midfield and strike charging forward and pushing into the Ajax penalty area 5 to 6 players in the finzl 3rd. Something we rarely see at palace. They eventually won so it must have been effective. In essence theycdidnt sit back and play Hodgsonball. I may try and see if i can get a stream of their next league game. Mind yoi i dont think we are in for him....do you?
Going to concentrste on Roma tonight. Rumours growing stronger that paulo will be our new manager!