Paris
Am off there.  Anyone been?  Looking for must see places besides the Eiffel tower, Notre dame, and the palace of Versailles.
Try the frog legs mate, I am told it tastes like chicken......places to visit in Paris....Take one of those hop on off bus thingy and just enjoy Smile
(31-05-2019, 13:02 PM)Razorsedge Wrote: Try the frog legs mate, I am told it tastes like chicken......places to visit in Paris....Take one of those hop on off bus thingy and just enjoy Smile

Yeah that sounds like a plan.  Wouldn't mind finding an outdoor market or car boot sale.
Car boot sale??? Crikey you should change your picture from Homer to Del Boy Smile
(31-05-2019, 14:51 PM)Razorsedge Wrote: Car boot sale??? Crikey you should change your picture from Homer to Del Boy Smile

Haha I do like a bargain mate Smile Might get a Renault 5.
I haven't been since 1998 but even then the Eiffel Tower was a nightmare to go up because there is only 4 lifts and they don't hold many people. The people were rude, river stank and there was dog shit everywhere.

Other than that, it's a wonderful place. Smile
My Palace blog and podcast can be found at South London and Proud.
(31-05-2019, 16:00 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: Haha I do like a bargain mate Smile Might get a Renault 5.

Make sure it comes with a engine Smile 

(couldst resist)
(31-05-2019, 21:49 PM)Razorsedge Wrote: Make sure it comes with a engine Smile 

(couldst resist)

Smile

Apparently there is a big flea market near Montmartre.
If you see quasimodo, ask him if I can have my ball back .
(31-05-2019, 17:21 PM)The Expat Eagle Wrote: I haven't been  since 1998 but even then the Eiffel Tower was a nightmare to go up because there is only 4 lifts and they don't hold many people. The people were rude, river stank and there was dog shit everywhere.

Other than that, it's a wonderful place. Smile

Can't wait  Big Grin Sounds like a cross between the bbs and Selhurst. 

So far I can report the weather is about 20 times better than in Scotland recently, and the trains are a lot newer and faster, and run on time.  If I can find a bar to watch the final tonight I'll be happy enough with it.
(31-05-2019, 22:29 PM)roasthimvinnie Wrote: If you see quasimodo, ask him if I can have my ball back .

Don't be cruel...he's homeless. Cry
Have to say I found Paris a great place, with friendly people and very little dog shit. The only problem was the million little handbag shops we had to stop at. The food was great and the weather fucking hot all weekend. I would definitely go back and would apply to drive the eurostars if I could speak better French. Ah well, back to the land of rain.
(02-06-2019, 16:39 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: Have to say I found Paris a great place, with friendly people and very little dog shit.  The only problem was the million little handbag shops we had to stop at.  The food was great and the weather fucking hot all weekend.  I would definitely go back and would apply to drive the eurostars if I could speak better French.  Ah well, back to the land of rain.

If I'd stayed in london in 1992 instead of moving to scotchland I would be driving the eurostars for 80 grand a year instead of the pittance we get at scotchrail. Plus I would have been sent to Belgium to live with a family for 6 months to learn the lingo
There’s a river in Paris... if ya fall in... you go mad.
You’ll be in Seine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(04-06-2019, 23:26 PM)Keltic Eagle Wrote: If I'd stayed in london in 1992 instead of moving to scotchland I would be driving the eurostars for 80 grand a year instead of the pittance we get at scotchrail. Plus I would have been sent to Belgium to live with a family for 6 months to learn the lingo

They would have sent you back  Wink

I don't think they even drive both ways in a day do they?
It wouldn't surprise me if in the near future they change drivers at at Ashford so Eurostar drivers are just glorified shuttle drivers between St Pancreas and Ashford.

I remember when the station opened at Waterloo, those twats walked around like they were airline pilots. It was particularly annoying when former colleagues poached used to ignore us like we were lower than them.

We used to give them the finger when we passed them between International Junction and Waterloo because they had to go so slow. For some reason the Windsor Reversible had a lower speed than the Windsor Up.

But I'm not bitter... Smile
(05-06-2019, 20:09 PM)The Expat Eagle Wrote: It wouldn't surprise me if in the near future they change drivers at at Ashford so Eurostar drivers are just glorified shuttle drivers between St Pancreas and Ashford.

I remember when the station opened at Waterloo, those twats walked around like they were airline pilots. It was particularly annoying when former colleagues poached used to ignore us like we were lower than them.

We used to give them the finger when we passed them between International Junction and Waterloo because they had to go so slow. For some reason the Windsor Reversible had a lower speed than the Windsor Up.

But I'm not bitter... Smile

Smile

I applied to them once, it was on the rail uk forums that they were looking.  Got rejected straight away.  In hindsight I should have put a bit more effort into my application.  Can you see a pattern forming?  Smile

Like the giving of the finger.  I do that to Aberdeen drivers.  Move-refusing c*nts.
(05-06-2019, 21:23 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: Smile

I applied to them once, it was on the rail uk forums that they were looking.  Got rejected straight away.  In hindsight I should have put a bit more effort into my application.  Can you see a pattern forming?  Smile

Like the giving of the finger.  I do that to Aberdeen drivers.  Move-refusing c*nts.

We should set up a railway forum. Smile
(05-06-2019, 22:30 PM)The Expat Eagle Wrote: We should set up a railway forum. Smile

Smile

It's a railway club mate.  We have a moan about your work thread  Smile I want to moan that after a 9hr 45 minute turn today, I've had to drive to Edinburgh airport to pick my boy up at half bloody one in the morning.
(06-06-2019, 01:36 AM)elgin eagle Wrote: Smile

It's a railway club mate.  We have a moan about your work thread  Smile I want to moan that after a 9hr 45 minute turn today, I've had to drive to Edinburgh airport to pick my boy up at half bloody one in the morning.

Whenever anyone moans about their kids I always say the same thing. I bet you wish she'd have swallowed instead. Big Grin