Palace V Man Utd, (Thursday 8.15pm)
It would be nice to do the double on these and fuck up their Champions League hopes.  Surely we have been on the beach long enough now.  I'm going for an unlikely 2-1 Palace win.  Zaha and Dann.  Attendance: zero.
If we don't get hammered I will be happy. 

Brighscum losing 5-0 at home was funny.  I don't want us to do the same.
(13-07-2020, 18:54 PM)The Groover Wrote: If we don't get hammered I will be happy. 

Brighscum losing 5-0 at home was funny.  I don't want us to do the same.
Prepare for misery. Rolleyes
Goodbye European Union. Goodbye Jeremy. Goodbye Nick. Jerk-It
9-0 to United.
(13-07-2020, 20:30 PM)ChrisGC Wrote: 9-0 to United.
: Big Grin

Surely he has to rotate the squad and use the slightly more shit players?
Since fa cup final (1st one) we haven't had a good record against these. Then there's Paul Dixon, Cuntona/once etc.

Geof Thomas penalty that should have been. Connie Wickham goal that should have been.

So we should and deserve a victory. Can't see it but hope its more like the 5 nil in the don rogers shirts or the Darren Ambrose wonder goal but think it will be another lackustre, inpept, lazy showing.

Hoping for best, prepared for worst.

If we do lose let's at least play as if it matters and have a go
Snowball's chance in hell of getting anything out of this.

Zaha & Townsend on the wings getting snuffed out by a defence that looks pretty decent, only other attacking option is the hopeful punt up the middle to Ayew, who just isn't a target man.

And at the back we have Luka - whose head has totally gone this season. He'll spray passes around to everyone except a Palace player and obviously get booked or worse. Supporting him we have Dann - who looked tired even before the lockdown came in, PvA - who occasionally has a good game but is usually worth at least one howler per game, Sakho - who is always a disaster waiting to happen, and Ward - say no more.

Let's not even talk about our famous invisible midfield.

What could possibly go wrong?
Our only hope is that they step up their game as they did V chelski.
Looking at how we beat them at their place earlier in the season, at no point were we overawed by them. PvA and Wilf linked up well and hopefully will do again.  Man Utd aren't the type of side to come to Selhurst and sit, so there should be plenty of space to attack as there was against Chelsea.  Meyer and Wilf also link well on occasion, so I'm hoping Roy is brave and starts him.  I would play Kouyate and McArthur in the middle as they are the most mobile of our pedestrian midfielders.  At the back we have little option but to play Sakho, I guess alongside Dann, who occasionally pops up with a goal.  Ayew has looked poor to me recently,and obviously there is no Benteke, so not sure what Roy is supposed to do there without any goalscorers.  Maybe try playing Wilf and Townsend up there as that worked in the past.  Hopefully if we are losing they will take turns to kick them off the park, as that will at least give us something to cheer.
(13-07-2020, 22:54 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: : Big Grin

In that case, 11-0.
(15-07-2020, 09:13 AM)ChrisGC Wrote: In that case, 11-0.
Wink

This one is on bt sport.  So we can dazzle another set of fans with our brilliance.

Can't wait for the team.  Said no one ever.
It's actually tomorrow at 2015.  Will edit.
(13-07-2020, 22:54 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: : Big Grin

Are they slightly more shit? Or just not used or encouraged. I know i can go on about Roy but AWB only got in side because we ran out of defenders and pseudo defendefs due to injuries. He was then dropped for Ward as soon as ward was fit. Similar to jairo this season for PVA and Schlupp...who will be on bench tomorrow.
If I had control. I'd play jairo LB..although I think he'd do a better job in CM. Play PVA Left MF. Wilf through middle with Ayew Meyer in for McArthur.  Keep mcarthy well away from squad. Play pierrick right mf. No luka. Team. Guaita Mitchell Dann Sakho Jairo pierrick Meyer Kouyate PVA wilf and Ayew. But we know it will be Townsend (or depressingly McCarthy just for defensive cover!!!!) in for CB and the same 10 in rest of positions as v Leicester.
If McArthur injured. Mcarthy in. Dull dull dull. Lose but I sincerely hope I'm wrong and we steal a win. I will be stunned if the predicted line up isn't the line up. Roy is as flexible and imaginative as a concrete post. The players are complacent because they know they start if fit. The fringe players demoralised as how they perform is irrelevant. They will be dropped as soon as player they replaced is fit or returns from suspension.
(16-07-2020, 00:12 AM)Lombardo\s Hair Wrote: Are they slightly more shit? Or just not used or encouraged. I know i can go on about Roy but AWB only got in side because we ran out of defenders and pseudo defendefs due to injuries. He was then dropped for Ward as soon as ward was fit. Similar to jairo this season for PVA and Schlupp...who will be on bench tomorrow.
If I had control. I'd play jairo LB..although I think he'd do a better job in CM. Play PVA Left MF. Wilf through middle with Ayew Meyer in for McArthur.  Keep mcarthy well away from squad. Play pierrick right mf. No luka. Team. Guaita Mitchell Dann Sakho Jairo pierrick Meyer Kouyate PVA wilf and Ayew. But we know it will be Townsend (or depressingly McCarthy just for defensive cover!!!!) in for CB and the same 10 in rest of positions as v Leicester.
If McArthur injured. Mcarthy in. Dull dull dull. Lose but I sincerely hope I'm wrong and we steal a win. I will be stunned if the predicted line up isn't the line up. Roy is as flexible and imaginative as a concrete post. The players are complacent because they know they start if fit. The fringe players demoralised as how they perform is irrelevant. They will be dropped as soon as player they replaced is fit or returns from suspension.

I actually agree with you that once Europe got took off the table it would have been the perfect time to use the rest of the squad and experiment a bit, but it's just not Roys way.  He believes it's a marathon not a sprint and the route to the highest points total is through organisation and knowing his system.  It may be dull but even with zero backing he has kept us up easily for 3 seasons.  I can see him calling it a day at the end of the season to be honest.  What quality there is amongst the fringe players he obviously feels isn't of a high enough standard to merit a start.  Maybe it's making a statement to the yanks?  Who can say.
(16-07-2020, 09:35 AM)elgin eagle Wrote: I actually agree with you that once Europe got took off the table it would have been the perfect time to use the rest of the squad and experiment a bit, but it's just not Roys way.  He believes it's a marathon not a sprint and the route to the highest points total is through organisation and knowing his system.  It may be dull but even with zero backing he has kept us up easily for 3 seasons.  I can see him calling it a day at the end of the season to be honest.  What quality there is amongst the fringe players he obviously feels isn't of a high enough standard to merit a start.  Maybe it's making a statement to the yanks?  Who can say.
He could be sending out a message but woukdnt it be better to play fringe players and show how poor the squad is. The emergence of Sorloth probably goes against that. Albeit in Turkey. I just believe Roy is comfortable picking  the same 11 or so. Which is why I don't think he would be any different with new signings. Unless DMs or pensioners Big Grin
(16-07-2020, 00:12 AM)Lombardo\s Hair Wrote: Are they slightly more shit? Or just not used or encouraged. I know i can go on about Roy but AWB only got in side because we ran out of defenders and pseudo defendefs due to injuries. He was then dropped for Ward as soon as ward was fit. Similar to jairo this season for PVA and Schlupp...who will be on bench tomorrow.
Like it. After we ended our season by throwing the towel in vs Burnley every game since should have followed this format. We get 5 subs and Roy plays the occasional teenager for 3 or 4 minutes?! Fuck it, it’s a perfect opportunity to blood youngsters and try something different. I totally agree regarding PVA/ Jairo.
I hate playing Utd.
I don't expect anything from the game but i would like to see a bit of bloody effort.
Would love it if we fuck up their champions league qualification.
Ballot spoilers of the world unite.
The selection has left me speechless depressed and angry all at once. FFS could a selection be more numbingly boring? You can't tell me mcarthy is the snswer has played better than jairo or meyer or even kouyate. Its a fecking disgrace. Even if we end up winning i will still feel the same. Its offensive to fans and the squad. Abysmsl
And schlupp on bench! FFS. Why?
if we do not concede more than 4 it will be a result.  If we score one. It will beva shock.