Palace '20th Highest Wage Bill In Europe'
https://talksport.com/football/656238/ue...d-chelsea/

Pretty nuts considering we have only one skillful player.
(16-01-2020, 14:06 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: https://talksport.com/football/656238/ue...d-chelsea/

Unfortunately, when you have won next to nothing, have a shit ground and facilities and have at least 29 teams who seem more attractive, then all you can do is offer high wages to quality players who for some reason, have not made it at bigger clubs.

Benteke, Sakho and Meyer are perfect examples.
Goodbye European Union. Goodbye Jeremy. Goodbye Nick. Jerk-It
(16-01-2020, 14:13 PM)Talons Wrote: Unfortunately, when you have won next to nothing, have a shit ground and facilities and have at least 29 teams who seem more attractive, then all you can do is offer high wages to quality players who for some reason, have not made it at bigger clubs.

Benteke, Sakho and Meyer are perfect examples.
Thats certainly one approach, but it seems flawed in many ways doesnt it.  We basically pay the yearly armchair money straight out to the players and their agents.
(16-01-2020, 14:23 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: Thats certainly one approach, but it seems flawed in many ways doesnt it.  We basically pay the yearly armchair money straight out to the players and their agents.
I think it might look a much better plan if Benteke had not lost the plot and Sakho was not perpetually injured.

Frankly, I think it is a take over or we are sunk within 2 seasons.

Hope I'm wrong and Parish continues his rabbit from hat act.
(16-01-2020, 14:34 PM)Talons Wrote: I think it might look a much better plan if Benteke had not lost the plot and Sakho was not perpetually injured.

Frankly, I think it is a take over or we are sunk within 2 seasons.

Hope I'm wrong and Parish continues his rabbit from hat act.
Klopp had our pants down there didnt he.  Obviously looked at his squad and decided 'these 2 wont do at all'.  Sadly we bought them both.
(16-01-2020, 14:38 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: Klopp had our pants down there didnt he.  Obviously looked at his squad and decided 'these 2 wont do at all'.  Sadly we bought them both.
If you offload players with talent there is always a reason.

I think the Americans provided money and we couldn't wait to spend it. How much Beneteke and Sakho have contributed to our survival is debatable but they certainly did the business under Allardyce in 16/17.
(16-01-2020, 14:06 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: https://talksport.com/football/656238/ue...d-chelsea/

Being in London probably doesn't help.
(16-01-2020, 14:53 PM)in-exile Wrote: Being in London probably doesn't help.
too much fried chicken? Smile
(16-01-2020, 14:51 PM)Talons Wrote: If you offload players with talent there is always a reason.

I think the Americans provided money and we couldn't wait to spend it. How much Beneteke and Sakho have contributed to our survival is debatable but they certainly did the business under Allardyce in 16/17.
True.  Seems a long time since Benteke was effective, although of course he is the most ill-fitting type of striker for our set up.  He would do well if we had people to cross the ball to him.  He can't run on to shit.
Unfortunately the above posts are pretty much spot on about the state of CPFC
That’s Immigration sorted. It didn’t take long.
You wanted it.
You voted for it.
This government gets it done.
Get rid of the yanks,I don’t trust them at all.
(16-01-2020, 19:51 PM)TheBiggin Wrote: Unfortunately the above posts are pretty much spot on about the state of CPFC

Yes I agree, especially re fried chicken.

In all seriousness, this wage bloat is the reason we won't do a lot in the transfer market unless we sell Wilf. And even then we will get ripped off. Parish will need to pull off some pretty smart manoeuvering to navigate the choppy waters that aren't ahead of us.

I wouldn't worry about the yanks Richard. They want out as much as you want them out. That'll short itself out eventually.
(17-01-2020, 23:33 PM)Glazier Wrote:  
Yes I agree, especially re fried chicken.

In all seriousness, this wage bloat is the reason we won't do a lot in the transfer market unless we sell Wilf. And even then we will get ripped off. Parish will need to pull off some pretty smart manoeuvering to navigate the choppy waters that aren't ahead of us.

I wouldn't worry about the yanks Richard. They want out as much as you want them out. That'll short itself out eventually.
Yeppers
That’s Immigration sorted. It didn’t take long.
You wanted it.
You voted for it.
This government gets it done.
I think it fits a wider business model: the club as a company runs at a deliberate loss and relies on investors to make an operational profit. Steve Parish is the highest salaried member of staff at the club (at least he was in 2018 according to the books), including players...

Basically, the higher the net capital expense (transfers in - transfers out) the worse it is for his pocket!

Keep the wages high, securing that middle bracket of premier league standard players on low transfer fees which should keep us up year after year. When we go down it doesn’t really matter, his salary stays the same and he can review the process of getting back to the PL.

The air very much will continue to be 17th.
so there are 8 premier leauge teams with bigger wage bills than us ? we are mid table so ..... no biggy
Reassuring words from Steve Parish.  Fair play, this time without income but with overheads must be costing them quite a bit.

[b]In light of the new government advice to avoid public gatherings and adopt social distancing measures, I wanted to take this opportunity to send everyone connected with the club an update.[/b]
Clearly our first concern is for all of you: supporters, staff and players, to make sure we do whatever we can to ensure you are as safe as possible. 
I am sure you will have already received information regarding the best steps you can take to protect yourself and others, and I urge everybody to follow these as best they can. It’s so important we all take proactive, preventative measures to mitigate the spread of this virus and the strain on the health service.

You can find the complete guidance here: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/.
We urge everyone to follow the government advice as closely as possible.
As a club, we have now asked all staff who are not related to essential maintenance and safety to work from home. Therefore, if you do need to contact the club please be patient with us while we make this change.
We have closed our Training Ground as a precautionary measure for one week, with players being urged to stay at home and undertake personalised training plans.
We have also taken the decision not to proceed with placing Season Tickets on sale for next season as planned, and will review once we have more clarity around the situation. 
Staff at the club and Palace for Life Foundation are also discussing ways in which we might be able to offer help to our local community. We stand ready to do so in any way we feasibly can.
Finally, I would like to thank you all for your continued support and I especially would like to thank all the staff ensuring that Crystal Palace can operate on a day-to-day basis. 
As a club, as a country, and as a global community, I know how resilient and strong we are; we will get through this if we follow the advice and take care of each other, especially those most at risk.
I will sign off by wishing you and your families the very best for the coming weeks. Stay healthy, stay safe, and I look forward to the day we welcome you all back to Selhurst Park.
Steve Parish.

Following my message two days ago, I wanted to provide further clarity on two areas relating to our staff.  
Firstly, in order to ensure the impact of this health crisis is minimised, we will not be placing any of our colleagues on statutory sick pay for health issues relating to COVID-19 during this crisis. 

We are also aware of the impact on matchday casual staff where games are cancelled or played behind closed doors. Whilst we are not anticipating this to be the case, we will ensure that matchday staff who would have been employed by the club for these fixtures are not disadvantaged financially. 

Once again I wish everybody the very best as we all adapt to the situation. 
Steve Parish.
Thanks for posting Elgin but it’s a bit of bland statement.
(22-03-2020, 23:16 PM)Richard Sole Wrote: Thanks for posting Elgin but it’s a bit of bland statement.
It is a bit mate, fair one.  They've actually gone a bit further now I hear, contacted all 70+ ST holders and members and asked them if they need anything.  I dont have the link though.
(22-03-2020, 23:16 PM)Richard Sole Wrote: Thanks for posting Elgin but it’s a bit of bland statement.

Yes, i don't know why every last company, club or organisation feels it necessary to issue a bland and generic 'Statement on Coronavirus'.

Sign of the times - looking busy and engaged is more important than actually being busy and engaged.
Ballot spoilers of the world unite.
(23-03-2020, 10:27 AM)Raggy Wrote: Yes, i don't know why every last company, club or organisation feels it necessary to issue a bland and generic 'Statement on Coronavirus'.

Sign of the times - looking busy and engaged is more important than actually being busy and engaged.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't, I guess...

You send out a communication, it's "yeah, yeah we know everywhere is shut due to corona"

You don't send out a communication and it's "this organisation doesn't give a shit about its customers"