Obligatory Forum Mobile Phone Thread
I'm due an upgrade. Looking at Pixel 3? Any good?
I refuse to buy Samsung because a) everyone's got one and b)Chelsea.

Been very happy with my current HTC U11, battery is knack now though. HTC seem to have disappeared.
Go for Huawei, they are good phones, brilliant cameras and cheap.

None of your stuff will be shared with google or any US companies and I doubt the Chinese will be interested in your browsing history Smile

I do have an iPhone SE now, I was with blackberry for a long time and I think my next one will be Huawei
(12-07-2019, 13:54 PM)Razorsedge Wrote: Go for Huawei, they are good phones, brilliant cameras and cheap.

None of your stuff will be shared with google or any US companies and I doubt the Chinese will be interested in your browsing history Smile

I do have an iPhone SE now, I was with blackberry for a long time and I think my next one will be Huawei
What does 5g mean?  I walked past the vodafone shop in Oxford street and they were advertising 5g for 4g prices.  Not sure we even have g in Scotland.
(12-07-2019, 14:24 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: What does 5g mean?  I walked past the vodafone shop in Oxford street and they were advertising 5g for 4g prices.  Not sure we even have g in Scotland.

I think the best way to describe 5G is it supports more phones, so for example one cell in 4G will support 10,000 phones, 5G will support 1 million. which is good as you always have coverage (if you are in 5G area) and the data speed is phenomenal.
(12-07-2019, 13:54 PM)Razorsedge Wrote: Go for Huawei, they are good phones, brilliant cameras and cheap.

i read something about them not recieving any future updates
(12-07-2019, 15:28 PM)Yuri Gagarin Wrote: i read something about them not recieving any future updates

Oh, I am not aware of that, but they will in my opinion, this phone is a serious competitor to iPhone
(12-07-2019, 15:09 PM)Razorsedge Wrote: I think the best way to describe 5G is it supports more phones, so for example one cell in 4G will support 10,000 phones, 5G will support 1 million. which is good as you always have coverage (if you are in 5G area) and the data speed is phenomenal.
Ah OK cool cheers, I might look to change all ours to 5g then.  Virgin keep upping the price and not telling me.  Will look online for a deal.
(12-07-2019, 17:01 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: Ah OK cool cheers, I might look to change all ours to 5g then.  Virgin keep upping the price and not telling me.  Will look online for a deal.
Read somewhere that it's banned in Belgium cos of health worries about very short radio waves
(12-07-2019, 19:40 PM)Yuri Gagarin Wrote: Read somewhere that it's banned in Belgium cos of health worries about very short radio waves

Belgium's radiation policy is one of the strictest in the world, there are parts in Brussels even LTE and 4G do no work or installed.....

I do agree with the Belgium but people want everything now and this is where corners are cut rather than trying to discover what can be done to overcome the issues, bureaucrats reduce the radiation exposure risk number.........
(12-07-2019, 21:05 PM)Razorsedge Wrote: Belgium's radiation policy is one of the strictest in the world, there are parts in Brussels even LTE and 4G do no work or installed.....

I do agree with the Belgium but people want everything now and this is where corners are cut rather than trying to discover what can be done to overcome the issues, bureaucrats reduce the radiation exposure risk number.........
We don't learn do we?
(12-07-2019, 19:40 PM)Yuri Gagarin Wrote: Read somewhere that it's banned in Belgium cos of health worries about very short radio waves

At the time of writing they won't receive updates because of the embargo placed on them by the US so Google will not deal with them after the end of this year. This was all over the news in May/June. This won't change until the US starts trading normally with China again.

They say they are developing their own operating system so they will not use Android.
You are entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.
(13-07-2019, 21:09 PM)Swedish Expat Eagle Wrote: At the time of writing they won't receive updates because of the embargo placed on them by the US so Google will not deal with them after the end of this year. This was all over the news in May/June. This won't change until the US starts trading normally with China again.

They say they are developing their own operating system so they will not use Android.
So much about this I don't understand.
Can you dumb it down for stupid people?  I have an android note5 phone, the wife has an iPhone, and daughter has oneplus6 phone.  We pay £65 a month to virgin for 2 unlimited data SIM only and 1 SIM only 1gb.

If we change to a 5g sim only deal will it a) kill us and b) work better on our existing devices.  If not will we have to buy dedicated Chinese 5g phones in the future to reap the full benefit?  It seems I can get 3 Sims for as low as £69 per month for the 3 of us.