Movie Thread
(20-11-2020, 02:59 AM)Buck Rodgers Wrote: I'm going to watch 'Weird Science'......Kelly Lebrock was really fuckable....I bet she was getting laid more often than seaside cafe's breakfast table. 

Movies in the eighties didn't care about feminism or political correctness and had a kind of innocence.....and it was actually funny.

Well, for a teen movie anyway.....when you were a teen in the eighties.

Cool, another tip.  I don't know what I was doing in the 80's but I seem to have missed loads of good films.  How come they never showed Brazil at Christmas?
Watched the first hour of '3 days of condor' earlier today, looking forward to watching the rest later.  Very good old film.
I watched 'The Man Who Would Be King' last night. What a pile of utter shite.

Michael Caine was atrocious in it. He is capable of good acting, but he has also done a few duff performances in his career.
Goodbye European Union. Goodbye Jeremy. Goodbye Nick. Jerk-It
(20-11-2020, 10:41 AM)elgin eagle Wrote: Cool, another tip.  I don't know what I was doing in the 80's but I seem to have missed loads of good films.  How come they never showed Brazil at Christmas?

They were nuts.
(20-11-2020, 20:10 PM)Talons Wrote: I watched 'The Man Who Would Be King' last night. What a pile of utter shite.

Michael Caine was atrocious in it. He is capable of good acting, but he has also done a few duff performances in his career.

He's lucky he's had a career at all.

He only just escaped from thousands of Zulus right at the start.
(21-11-2020, 01:23 AM)Buck Rodgers Wrote: He's lucky he's had a career at all.

He only just escaped from thousands of Zulus right at the start.
I get your Drift.
Just watched V for Vendetta.  Some really scary parallels with what's happening in 2020.  Amazing that it was made in 2006.  A real conspiracy theorists film Smile
(22-11-2020, 18:44 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: Just watched V for Vendetta.  Some really scary parallels with what's happening in 2020.  Amazing that it was made in 2006.  A real conspiracy theorists film Smile

Might have to dig that one out.
Ballot spoilers of the world unite.
Watched Christmas chronicles on Netflix, really good. Watched Christmas chronicles 2 last night and straight away they’ve shoe horned in a black fella and his kid in an obvious attempt at wokery and frankly it detracts from the story. In the first episode a lad and his sister are trying to film Santa and it’s a funny, heart warming Christmas tale. 

In this one, the mum is marrying a black fella to replace the old man who died and it’s clearly a message about tolerance first, Christmas capers second. Why do they do it? Stood out like a sore thumb. Bit like if Eddie Murphy all of a sudden added a white cousin into one of his films where he plays all the parts.

It’s still a good film, but why add adult issues into a kids’ film?
Watched the Dollars trilogy this week, which I have seen many times before but with the new HD versions you really can appreciate what superb films they are.

The voice dubbing and sound effects might be 'quaint' but the film making and performances are marvellous. Absolute escapism.
(29-11-2020, 17:08 PM)Talons Wrote: Watched the Dollars trilogy this week, which I have seen many times before but with the new HD versions you really can appreciate what superb films they are.

The voice dubbing and sound effects might be 'quaint' but the film making and performances are marvellous. Absolute escapism.

Seconded.
(20-11-2020, 19:25 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: Watched the first hour of '3 days of condor' earlier today, looking forward to watching the rest later.  Very good old film.
I hope that was because of my referral. Personally I've never watched it Big Grin I watched the netflix series.. Condor and assumed its more or less the same storyline which lend itself to the covid conspiracy but for a different reason to the global economy reset. I think I will watch it now you say its good Big Grin
(03-12-2020, 21:56 PM)Lombardo\s Hair Wrote: I hope that was because of my referral. Personally I've never watched it Big Grin I watched the netflix series.. Condor and assumed its more or less the same storyline which lend itself to the covid conspiracy but for a different reason to the global economy reset. I think I will watch it now you say its good Big Grin

It was.  Enjoyed it.  Now watching 'three identical strangers'. Sort of docu-film true story about 3 triplets separated deliberately at birth while a nature v nurture experiment was conducted on them unknowingly as they grew up with adopted parents from different financial backgrounds.  Very interesting and slightly sinister film.
(22-11-2020, 18:44 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: Just watched V for Vendetta.  Some really scary parallels with what's happening in 2020.  Amazing that it was made in 2006.  A real conspiracy theorists film Smile
Oh. I thought that was a Zorro type film. Might give it a try as its a conspiracy theory. Anyone told you I like that sort of thing? Big Grin
(10-01-2021, 16:29 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: It was.  Enjoyed it.  Now watching 'three identical strangers'. Sort of docu-film true story about 3 triplets separated deliberately at birth while a nature v nurture experiment was conducted on them unknowingly as they grew up with adopted parents from different financial backgrounds.  Very interesting and slightly sinister film.
Thank you Barry Norman will have a look. Need to find things to occupy minds at night as sod all else to do...apart from wall to wall footy. But even that can be mind numbing as a lot of the games are sterile.
I wonder what Barry Norman thinks of what the BBC did to his film show from his perch up on high.
That Winkleman version was awful.