Mental Health/Depression/PTSD
A friend of mine has asked me to add this to the site, which I am happy to do.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/664537297320337/

Crystal Palace fans Mental Health support group.

I don't use Facebook that much but he said he had some planks attacking him, which I thought was pretty scummish, considering the topic.  Anyway good to have a thread for comrades to help each other out if they can.  I once advised someone who was having trouble leaving the house to travel the world.  Needless to say I am unqualified in the world of counselling so probably some sort of disclaimer is required that advice may or may not help.
(27-07-2019, 20:15 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: A friend of mine has asked me to add this to the site, which I am happy to do.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/664537297320337/

Crystal Palace fans Mental Health support group.

I don't use Facebook that much but he said he had some planks attacking him, which I thought was pretty scummish, considering the topic.  Anyway good to have a thread for comrades to help each other out if they can.  I once advised someone who was having trouble leaving the house to travel the world.  Needless to say I am unqualified in the world of counselling so probably some sort of disclaimer is required that advice may or may not help.

I am not on faceboob but I think this is a good support group. There will always be planks sadly.....
(28-07-2019, 11:28 AM)Razorsedge Wrote: I am not on faceboob but I think this is a good support group. There will always be planks sadly.....
You would think they would have some awareness/humanity on a site devoted to helping each other with mind issues though wouldn't you.  Shows the scum nature of some people though as you say.
That link is no good if you dont have facebook
(29-07-2019, 05:30 AM)elgin eagle Wrote: You would think they would have some awareness/humanity on a site devoted to helping each other with mind issues though wouldn't you.  Shows the scum nature of some people though as you say.

I agree
(29-07-2019, 07:23 AM)Keltic Eagle Wrote: That link is no good if you dont have facebook
This is true Smile
(29-07-2019, 18:38 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: This is true Smile

to be fair, being on faceboob is enough to get one depressed...
(30-07-2019, 07:01 AM)Razorsedge Wrote: to be fair, being on faceboob is enough to get one depressed...
It must be a nightmare if you are a bit pissed off and all you see is people posting about how great their lives are.  I don't really use it that much, I think it's quite addictive for people isn't it.
(30-07-2019, 08:14 AM)elgin eagle Wrote: It must be a nightmare if you are a bit pissed off and all you see is people posting about how great their lives are.  I don't really use it that much, I think it's quite addictive for people isn't it.

Plus pics posing all happy and sh!t like that Sad
I've suffered with depression for a long time now 20+ years. I'm on enough tablets that it puts the dealers down here to shame. I've tried all the various courses and none have really helped. I'm not in a great way at present but have been worse. I'll give the link a try, it may help and costs nothing but time.
(30-07-2019, 11:00 AM)DaiLaffing Wrote: I've suffered with depression for a long time now 20+ years. I'm on enough tablets that it puts the dealers down here to shame. I've tried all the various courses and none have really helped. I'm not in a great way at present but have been worse. I'll give the link a try, it may help and costs nothing but time.

Hope you find the support old chap. Time is all we have in life, it is never wasted Smile
(30-07-2019, 11:00 AM)DaiLaffing Wrote: I've suffered with depression for a long time now 20+ years. I'm on enough tablets that it puts the dealers down here to shame. I've tried all the various courses and none have really helped. I'm not in a great way at present but have been worse. I'll give the link a try, it may help and costs nothing but time.
I know Ritchie who runs the site.  Really nice guy John.  You can see that he's been there too.  Hope things get better mate.  I can rent you my house soon, you can sublet it to loads of buxom beauties and live like a king Smile