Mental Health Awareness Week
This week is very apt especially with the lockdown. Good to see that CPFC are doing their bit as well especially the Palace for Life Foundation https://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/2020/may/pal...-teachers/

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk
That explains this story

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/52652459
Ballot spoilers of the world unite.
(18-05-2020, 16:14 PM)Raggy Wrote: That explains this story

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/52652459
Never really liked they think it’s all over. Lee Hurst was good on it for the time he was there, but the rest?  Always thought McGrath was an old perv and both him and Hancock playground bullies.
I remember one show where David Gower lost it with Hancock. To that to a young kid or anybody is unforgivable.

Recently told a fellow Palace Fan of my own issues privately and now he's telling all and sundry that I am a fucking weirdo. If so then I am loud and proud to admit it

I suffer with depression and have done so for many years. I have looked back and seen so many decisions and parts of my life which were bad due to this horrible condition. Unfortunately I didn't know I was suffering with it at the time or perhaps I could of handled the situations in a better way. To anyone who needs help don't be worried or ashamed go and get it.
(26-05-2020, 07:32 AM)DaiLaffing Wrote: I suffer with depression and have done so for many years. I have looked back and seen so many decisions and parts of my life which were bad due to this horrible condition. Unfortunately I didn't know I was suffering with it at the time or perhaps I could of handled the situations in a better way. To anyone who needs help don't be worried or ashamed go and get it.
Well said

I was sexually abused and had a very violent upbringing. Took me 10 years to tell anyone that a sibling had done it. Only a few years ago after many years of anger and upset I wrote to them for the first time in 30 years and said I forgave them but will not be in touch again. I would say since I was 11/12 I have had MH issues.

Mental health is specific to the individual.

Self image makes the man or woman by that matter.

Some men don't want to talk about mental problems and some do. Perhaps I've been lucky enough not to have had the trauma that some have had......and I recognise that luck is the operative word here because who and where we are born to is completely random....Some people born into bad families or with those who can't cope get to experience different kinds of trauma that stay with them for life. Bad levels of trauma inflicted upon young and helpless children is often life destroying later in life.
If talking to others helps some men then that's a good choice to make.
If talking about it doesn't fit with your mental make up and you can move on, then that's also a part of what you are.
(26-05-2020, 08:48 AM)Holmesdale Monkey Nuts Wrote: I was sexually abused and had a very violent upbringing. Took me 10 years to tell anyone that a sibling had done it. Only a few years ago after many years of anger and upset I wrote to  them for the first time in 30 years and said I forgave them but will not be in touch again. I would say since I was 11/12 I have had MH issues.

Similar story with me. Just never talked about when I was young. Shows your strength that you've managed to face it and come through.
(26-05-2020, 12:43 PM)DaiLaffing Wrote: Similar story with me. Just never talked about when I was young. Shows your strength that you've managed to face it and come through.
Thanks Mate

I'm going to sound uncaring and Ill informed but I dont mean it to be but and obviously there's a but, I sometimes feel or sense MH has become a fad or badge of honour at times. All celebrities have MH problems all got bullied erc I know I have been depressed suicidal and had low self esteem caused by shyness loneliness and a divorce so I do understand how people can feel depressed however I think people mistake feeling a bit down at times as mental health or being nervous with anxiety. We have all felt down anxious and panicky at times but is that a mental health issue per se or just ups and downs of life?. It sort of demeans people who have serious MH problems if you follow my drift. How often over 90 mins dove panic get anxious depressed and nervy watching palace? Big Grin It could be argued that we should get heads examined for supporting our club  Smile As I said I may seem uncaring and I'll informed.