Man Utd V Liverpool Postponed - Protests
Think its a good thing personally.  Games gone too far away from the fans hasn't it.
Sky Presenter wanting them all hanged almost.....
Under Construction   Cool
(02-05-2021, 18:22 PM)TheBiggin Wrote: Sky Presenter wanting them all hanged almost.....

Thought Souness was a bit OTT as well claiming he could get killed by a can of beer.  He's clearly never been to a cricket match Smile. Neville and even Keane called it right too I thought.  Will be interesting what happens when its rearranged.
(02-05-2021, 21:18 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: Thought Souness was a bit OTT as well claiming he could get killed by a can of beer.  He's clearly never been to a cricket match Smile. Neville and even Keane called it right too I thought.  Will be interesting what happens when its rearranged.
I know all the die hard Man u fans will disagree, but the team should be deducted 10 points for what happened today
Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at
(02-05-2021, 17:47 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: Think its a good thing personally.  Games gone too far away from the fans hasn't it.

Yes a good thing. The traditional fans finally reasserting their control over the clubs.

I am not sure whether the lockdown restrictions make this sort of protest easier or harder. Easier I think. 50,000 fans who have paid for a ticket would probably not be sympathetic.
Ballot spoilers of the world unite.
(02-05-2021, 21:18 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: Thought Souness was a bit OTT as well claiming he could get killed by a can of beer.  He's clearly never been to a cricket match Smile. Neville and even Keane called it right too I thought.  Will be interesting what happens when its rearranged.

One flare ffs. Imagine Souness at the Belgrade Derby

[Image: i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2020%2F0610%2Fr707229_1...format=jpg]
Personally, I thought it was yet another pointless demonstration by people who are bored with lockdown.
It got the game postponed which helps no one and people were injured.

If fans want to protest then they should stop buying season tickets and merchandise until the Glaziers leave. If SKY are so bothered, they should withdraw TV money to the rebel clubs at the first opportunity.
Goodbye European Union. Goodbye Jeremy. Goodbye Nick. Jerk-It
(03-05-2021, 12:20 PM)Talons Wrote: Personally, I thought it was yet another pointless demonstration by people who are bored with lockdown.
It got the game postponed which helps no one and people were injured.

If fans want to protest then they should stop buying season tickets and merchandise until the Glaziers leave. If SKY are so bothered, they should withdraw TV money to the rebel clubs at the first opportunity.
I agree completely
Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at
(03-05-2021, 07:35 AM)Raggy Wrote: Yes a good thing. The traditional fans finally reasserting their control over the clubs.

I am not sure whether the lockdown restrictions make this sort of protest easier or harder. Easier I think. 50,000 fans who have paid for a ticket would probably not be sympathetic.

Yeah that's a good point, they would have shelled out a few quid and would want to see the game.  Definitely easier to stop the matches without a football crowd there, even if the vast majority would be sympathetic to the cause.  I guess they will want to stop the rearranged game as well if they can.
(03-05-2021, 08:21 AM)Raggy Wrote: One flare ffs. Imagine Souness at the Belgrade Derby

[Image: i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2020%2F0610%2Fr707229_1...format=jpg]
That floor looks a bit slippy as well.  Someone could get killed on that.
steve m Wrote:I know all the die hard Man u fans will disagree, but the team should be deducted 10 points for what happened today

I heard that this was under consideration but after a meeting of the Premier league board it was decided to award a penalty to Man utd.
I think it could have been done without attacking people.  I seem to recall our protests re. administration had quiet a good response from the OB as they were boisterous but non violent. 

The Glaziers aren't going to just walk away from a cash cow that big.
(03-05-2021, 17:53 PM)The Groover Wrote: I heard that this was under consideration but after a meeting of the Premier league board it was decided to award a penalty to Man utd.
Big Grin

Clearly for a lot of fans, there is an issue with the Glazers going back years.  They were never going to miss this opportunity to protest, even if some took it a bit far.  I bet there is a big police presence at the rearranged game.
Bearing in mind that no games have supporters, how did so many get in and cause carnage ?

someone on the inside must of opened some gates up
(03-05-2021, 16:47 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: That floor looks a bit slippy as well.  Someone could get killed on that.

Big Grin
Souness would get in there with a mop and a fire extinguisher.
(03-05-2021, 17:55 PM)The Groover Wrote: I think it could have been done without attacking people.  I seem to recall our protests re. administration had quiet a good response from the OB as they were boisterous but non violent. 

The Glaziers aren't going to just walk away from a cash cow that big.

Yeah the violence was obviously unnecessary. But the wankers have always had a core of horrible fans, so no surprise.
(04-05-2021, 08:42 AM)steve m Wrote: Bearing in mind that no games have supporters, how did so many get in and cause carnage ?

someone on the inside must of opened some gates up

Yes they must have had some help on the inside. I thought the same when I watched it. The stewards seemed to be expecting them and made no attempt to block entry.
(04-05-2021, 14:48 PM)Raggy Wrote: Big Grin
Souness would get in there with a mop and a fire extinguisher.

Couple of 'wet floor' signs as well.  Soon have this place ship shape.  Its quite strange coming from someone whose tackles would put you in hospital.

Has the game been rearranged yet?  I might take the day off.  Would be like a coconut shy.