Man City Away, 1915 Sunday
All Man City isn't it.  Hard to see where their weaknesses are tonight.  Not sure Ayew was the right call to be honest.
Hope Wilf hasn't been sold.
(17-01-2021, 20:05 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: All Man City isn't it.  Hard to see where their weaknesses are tonight.  Not sure Ayew was the right call to be honest.

Cant fault their goal. Other than that they are not over running us. I still have hope we can nick a goal.
Under Construction   Cool
(17-01-2021, 20:09 PM)TheBiggin Wrote: Cant fault their goal. Other than that they are not over running us. I still have hope we can nick a goal.

Hope you are right mate.  I cant see it myself, especially without THE spark.  Still you never know, only one nil.
No Wilf, no chance.
Goodbye European Union. Goodbye Jeremy. Goodbye Nick. Jerk-It
(17-01-2021, 20:04 PM)Lombardo\s Hair Wrote: Do you still think this? Its set up for 0 0. We are now trailing without anyone as a goalbthreat apart from an out of position Eze. Will be interesting to see who is first sub and who forvand when. Will we only be 1 0 down when it happens or 3 0?
Two absolutely class goals that we couldn’t do much about. Game is well and truly gone for us, damage limitation now.

Jimmy Mac having a bad game, probably should’ve been dropped a few games back now.
Change it roy ffs
Under Construction   Cool
(17-01-2021, 20:13 PM)Talons Wrote: No Wilf, no chance.

Feels that way now.  Might as well chuck Benteke and Batshuayi on.
Turned it over, fuck it.
(17-01-2021, 20:43 PM)ChrisGC Wrote: Turned it over, fuck it.
Your 6-0 is looking possible.  We haven't had a shot yet even.
(17-01-2021, 20:45 PM)elgin eagle Wrote: Your 6-0 is looking possible.  We haven't had a shot yet even.
Apparently we had 2 attempts.  Eze fro 40 yards. Dont know what other was. Absolute sgite not because we are getting battered but because of the way we approached game with that pathetic line up. Its dross.
You can't compete without pace and quality up front. With no Wilf or Schlupp, we look like cannon fodder.  We really have to improve the quality of our squad.
Goodbye European Union. Goodbye Jeremy. Goodbye Nick. Jerk-It
(17-01-2021, 21:04 PM)Talons Wrote: You can't compete without pace and quality up front. With no Wilf or Schlupp, we look like cannon fodder.  We really have to improve the quality of our squad.
Cant compete if you've admitted defeat before kick off. Have we no u23s with pace?
(17-01-2021, 21:00 PM)Lombardo\s Hair Wrote: Apparently we had 2 attempts.  Eze fro 40 yards. Dont know what other was. Absolute sgite not because we are getting battered but because of the way we approached game with that pathetic line up. Its dross.
Correct. Can’t play negatively and expect positive results. We just fell apart after the first goal which was class from KDB. City had been a bit dodgey until then and Townsend and Eze were looking good.
Ayew is the best defensive forward I’ve ever seen. You’re right, playing him really is just saying we’re hoping for 0-0.
(17-01-2021, 21:00 PM)Lombardo\s Hair Wrote: Apparently we had 2 attempts.  Eze fro 40 yards. Dont know what other was. Absolute sgite not because we are getting battered but because of the way we approached game with that pathetic line up. Its dross.

Townsend tried desperately to have a shot about 30 seconds after the ref had blown for half time.  Must have had a bet on.

I know we wont go down losing badly to Liverpool and Man City but at least try.  As Talons said though, without Schlupp and Zaha we look so crap in attack.  Its a worry when Roy says he is happy with the squad he has.  Its good enough to beat the strugglers and give the mid table sides a game, so i suppose in that respect it is progression, but after 8 seasons and very little investment should we be happy with some cladding and a load of 30+ freebies?  Surely with 14 out of contract soon any other club would be active as fuck in this window.  I cant believe we will offer them all 1 or 2 year deals and kick the can even further down the road.
Roy said we passed the ball back to the keeper too much v City. Has he not watched us for past 4 seasons? Actually it probably explains a lot. It explains his poor game management. Maybe if we had better movement and more width allied to a more proactive approach to the game players would pass ball around in midfield then pass it back to back four for cahil to lump forward or pass it back to keeper to lump it up front. Usually to no one or an isolated target man marked by 3 CBs.
McCarthy performed exactly as I thought he would.  Stood off Stirling for the first.  Gave him time to look up, eat a sandwich and pick the pass out wide.   Then gave away a weak free kick for the 4th.

IMO he is half the player that Jairo is and should not even be on the bench.
(18-01-2021, 09:43 AM)The Groover Wrote: McCarthy performed exactly as I thought he would.  Stood off Stirling for the first.  Gave him time to look up, eat a sandwich and pick the pass out wide.   Then gave away a weak free kick for the 4th.

IMO he is half the player that Jairo is and should not even be on the bench.
I dont think McArthy should start but maybe someone to bring on when leading and we need to hold on or in Roys mind bring on to consolidate a 3 0 loss  Big Grin but I feel the same about McArthur who gets very leggy in second half. Certainly can't play 2 games in a few days. Jairo must wonder why he bothers.