Man City
Wonder if we'll get any bonus points from this one.  Man City probably need to win every match to have even the slightest chance of catching Liverpool, that probably adds pressure of its own.  We showed Arsenal too much respect and sat off them too much early on yesterday, i wonder if we will see a first half performance this time.

Am 37th on the waiting list for a ticket for this match.  Not hopeful of a) getting a ticket or b) getting a result.  Still you never know, got both last season Smile  Mind you we had a lot pacier side last season.
I think that (although they'll never say it publicly) City know that no matter what they do, they are reliant on Liverpool screwing up big time for a sustained period - and it really does not look like that's going to happen.

If I've correctly guessed the mood in the City dressing room, then it might be that they just don't have the appetite for a hard 90 minute scrap against a half-decent side like Palace. So I don't think they're the impossible task that they might have been even 4 weeks ago.

That's not to say it's going to be easy for us, but if we can stay focused and tight at the back, and if Wilf is at the races, I fancy we might sneak a draw. And if by some miracle we get to 70 minutes and scores are level, we might even be in with a very long shot chance of a win.

Of course, if we sit back like we did for the first half hour against Arsenal, City could well take us apart the way they've just demolished Villa...
Do they not have champions league coming up or is that February ?
Whatever, it’s gonna be tough,Sterling didn’t even play today.
(12-01-2020, 22:10 PM)Richard Sole Wrote: Do they not have champions league coming up or is that February ?
Whatever, it’s gonna be tough,Sterling didn’t even play today.
Bloody fantasy team ruining c*nt this week
Not everyone who voted Brexit is racist. Fact. 
It is likely that racists probably voted for Brexit.
Anyone involved in grooming gangs, regardless of religion, is a c*nt who should be chemically castrated.
Hope that clarifies things.
(12-01-2020, 21:24 PM)HonorOakBloke Wrote: I think that (although they'll never say it publicly) City know that no matter what they do, they are reliant on Liverpool screwing up big time for a sustained period - and it really does not look like that's going to happen.

If I've correctly guessed the mood in the City dressing room, then it might be that they just don't have the appetite for a hard 90 minute scrap against a half-decent side like Palace. So I don't think they're the impossible task that they might have been even 4 weeks ago.

That's not to say it's going to be easy for us, but if we can stay focused and tight at the back, and if Wilf is at the races, I fancy we might sneak a draw. And if by some miracle we get to 70 minutes and scores are level, we might even be in with a very long shot chance of a win.

Of course, if we sit back like we did for the first half hour against Arsenal, City could well take us apart the way they've just demolished Villa...
Good analysis mate, and hope you are feeling better today Smile

My default position for any game against the top sides is that anything we get from them is a bonus.  Strangely I don't include Arsenal in that anymore but think Sheffield United and Man City are both very hard sides to beat this season.  I think we may find ourselves defending for long periods anyway - as at Selhurst we saw that they can punish any lapses of concentration very easily and quickly.
sitting back is inviting trouble with Man City. Got to attack them.
(13-01-2020, 08:19 AM)Razorsedge Wrote: sitting back is inviting trouble with Man City. Got to attack them.
Just like Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs ... you only beat these teams by going for it ... gutted that as we all know Roy gives them a goal head start before testing these teams...get into them fuck em up!!!
Refuse to play. Give them 3 0 win. Save ourselves for those sinning snide saints.
I'm starting to really hate the Saints .... fans are ok but fuck the players bunch of shits.
(15-01-2020, 21:41 PM)in-exile Wrote: I'm starting to really hate the Saints .... fans are ok but fuck the players bunch of shits.
Ferrit faced Ward prowse is the scummiest....however we could do with his dead ball delivery.....
elgin eagle Wrote:Wonder if we'll get any bonus points from this one.  Man City probably need to win every match to have even the slightest chance of catching Liverpool, that probably adds pressure of its own.  We showed Arsenal too much respect and sat off them too much early on yesterday, i wonder if we will see a first half performance this time.

Am 37th on the waiting list for a ticket for this match.  Not hopeful of a) getting a ticket or b) getting a result.  Still you never know, got both last season Smile  Mind you we had a lot pacier side last season.

Are you on any of the facebook palace groups?  Nearly always tickets going on those as people get tickets then can't go. 

I'm on:

PTID
the original crystal palace family
the eastern eagles
the eagles have landed on your manor
international cpfc eagles group
Crystal palace FC revolution
I think we will only have any chance if city don't turn up.  I believe when we last did them they stuffed someone the week before as well.  Fingers crossed.  But realistically we are doomed!  lol.
(15-01-2020, 23:14 PM)The Groover Wrote: Are you on any of the facebook palace groups?  Nearly always tickets going on those as people get tickets then can't go. 

I'm on:

PTID
the original crystal palace family
the eastern eagles
the eagles have landed on your manor
international cpfc eagles group
Crystal palace FC revolution

I'm not really into Facebook much, but thanks to in exile I am sorted for Saturday now as he couldn't go.  Wouldn't take any money though so I'm going to drown him in beers when I meet him.  I've got an email from the club that I haven't opened yet, so maybe they had some player comp returns as well.
Hopefully Roy won't reveal in the press conference that due to a dreadful accident on the stairs the entire first team squad has been ruled out for tomorrow, apart from Hennessey.
Could be a cricket score tomorrow. Limiting them to 2 would be great damage limitation. Any kid of result would be fucking magic.
I think Palace will sneak a result today....feck man shitty
4-2 in my head I reckon, but then Guaita is playing and not the Hen......in my heart 1-2
Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.
Tosun Starts

Crystal Palace team to face Manchester City:

Vicente Guaita

James Tomkins, Gary Cahill, Martin Kelly, Jairo Riedewald

Cheikhou Kouyate, James McArthur, James McCarthy, Wilfried Zaha, Jordan Ayew

Cenk Tosun
(15-01-2020, 18:46 PM)in-exile Wrote: Just like Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs ... you only beat these teams by going for it ... gutted that as we all know Roy gives them a goal head start before testing these teams...get into them fuck em up!!!

Aye.
Time for Hodgsonball lads lol.
Everyone just fill out the goal so the ball cant go in!